Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Saw Mad Max last night, really, really excellent, best pure action blockbuster I've seen in a long time. Don't expect a deep plot or anything too serious and you'll love it, go see it in a decent 3D cinema. Agree with StraightEdge about Hardy's voice mind, not as annoying as it was in Batman though.

I think I've only seen two of them. The first one and then the 5th one cos everyone claimed it was just a legit decent action movie. I think it actually might have been too.

I've got Malaria or Dengue or some shit at the minute. You've probably brushed both of these off simultaneously. Recommend anything good on Prime or Netflix, I refuse Sky.

US Netflix has got a documentary called No No: The Dockumentary about a US Baseball player who pitched a no-hitter in the major leagues whilst on LSD in 1970. :lol:

I haven't watched it yet, but you better fucking believe it's on the list.

There was the makings of a good film in there somewhere, just the dialogue, characters, motivations and acting was awful. Which is kind of important. And they ripped off Independence Day of all things with the kamikaze ship thing.

Nice link, it just reminded me of about another 10 issues with the plot.

Prometheus was better on second viewing. I think the cave art directing humans to the planet pre-dates the decision to wipe out humanity. The engineers get killed by the dodgy slime about 2000 years ago. I think the idea was that a decision to kill off humanity was taken but something went wrong and the engineers got killed whilst putting in place their plan. All the cave art on earth is much older than that so I guess the inference is that something happened on earth about 2000 years ago which triggered the decision.

Yes, I got that. Obviously something happened later for them to decide to wipe us out after creating us. The issue was, why did their original star map direct us to that specific planet? The only way it makes sense is if they turned their home planet, the one they wanted us to find, into a weapons planet later (moving their entire civilization somewhere else). It contradicts the theory referenced in the film, that the weapons facility planet would be somewhere well away from their home planet.

US Netflix has got a documentary called No No: The Dockumentary about a US Baseball player who pitched a no-hitter in the major leagues whilst on LSD in 1970. :lol:

This is probably really good if you have any interest in baseball whatsoever but it lost me after about 25 minutes of people gibbering on about sliders and spitballs. Louie is suberb, obvs.

Mad Max is pretty good. Thought it would be awful from the trailer but it's been getting excellent reviews so I gave it a go. Literally no plot and completely mental but despite just being one long car chase it's really entertaining and and quite gripping. More a Charlize Theron film than a Tom hardy one mind.

Well, there's car chase movies with no plot, and then there's the original Mad Max, which was still essentially just a car chase movie with no plot, but in many ways it was so so much more......the suspense, the genuine terror, the gritty realism (despite being set in the future), the quite deliberate choice to have little to no dialogue, the casting (not just of Gibson, but some of the other major characters).

You would hope the fact that the same person behind the original also did the new one would be a good sign, but Prometheus kind of screwed that....

It's an absolute masterpiece, and allow me to bring you the good news - if the open-ended nature of the ending is anything to go by, it looks like we're gonna be treated to HTTM3.

Took LSD once. Took me and a mate four hours to eat a 50g packet of crisps which I don't think I put down at any point. So pipe down I reckon. He's not the only one achieving greatness whilst high on acid.