Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Penny Oliphant was a right cock hound, too.

I think she ended up a social worker.....this was after her bus driver old man ran off with a lass from Greenlaw who was at least the same age as her...am seeing my folks at Easter so will ask..

I always thought the brat pack was synonymous with John Hughes.

Haven't checked the correlation tbf.

I think the Breakfast Club (which is fucking class you mongs) is the only brat pack film of his.

Lost Boys and Gross Point Blank are in no conceivable way Brat Pack.

I think the Breakfast Club (which is fucking class you mongs) is the only brat pack film of his.

Lost Boys and Gross Point Blank are in no conceivable way Brat Pack.

Ok DK am wanting your list on my desk before you leave work today :angry2:

Ok DK am wanting your list on my desk before you leave work today :angry2:

Can't say I've watched many if I'm honest. Breakfast Club, The Outsiders, Pretty In Pink, Class and St Elmo's fire from what I've seen would seem to fit the bill (as well as ET and The Godfather of course).

But a film John Cusack made about a decade later certainly can't count.

I think there's also a confusion that any comedy film made around that time aimed at teenagers is Brat Pack. Cat Mags definition seems more accurate.

Can't say I've watched many if I'm honest. Breakfast Club, The Outsiders, Pretty In Pink, Class and St Elmo's fire from what I've seen would seem to fit the bill (as well as ET and The Godfather of course).

But a film John Cusack made about a decade later certainly can't count.

I think there's also a confusion that any comedy film made around that time aimed at teenagers is Brat Pack. Cat Mags definition seems more accurate.

I've just looked at gpb and thought it came out about 1990...turns out it was 97 :lol:

Lost Boys is still in there for me though...I like the imdb theory that you can group together several films from the mid 80s with the same type of preppy middle class american actors and the films they made having a general theme of teenage angst/coming of age.

A Year of Violence 5.7/10

Flat, badly shot and little if no script arc. Very disengenous trailer beware.

The Guest.

Ingenious, funny and dark.

7.2/10

Edited by Park Life

I enjoyed The Guest but I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a pisstake or not. It seemed like it was just a little bit away from being in the same tone as Grosse Point Blank by the end after starting off as a much more serious thriller.

The soundtrack was certainly excellent though.

• 2 weeks later...

The Overnighters. Doc about a pastor trying to help out desperate blokes heading to North Dakota to work in the oil field by giving them (including a couple of registered sex offenders) shelter at his church.

Pretty interesting although revelation at the end does somewhat change your perception of what went before it.

interstellar 2/10, three hours i can't get back. what's worse is i made the wife watch as well and she's now claimed i can't be trusted. could be a string of rom/com's in my future <sigh>