This is the news!

Anorthernsoul

It’s amazing all these types aren’t multi-millionaires, given their esoteric knowledge of how the system works. I guess they’re just more concerned with selflessly informing their fellow citizens. Either that or they’re fuckwits adding more shite to the sewer that is Twitter 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s amazing all these types aren’t multi-millionaires, given their esoteric knowledge of how the system works. I guess they’re just more concerned with selflessly informing their fellow citizens. Either that or they’re fuckwits adding more shite to the sewer that is Twitter 

This is exactly the answer I’d expected from sheeple like you. 

😉

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely top notch article here. 

Somerset man in gimp suit guilty of harassing women https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-67238445

A selection of quotes from it;

”Hunt was arrested minutes after the second incident, and is said to have told police: "I am not a gimp - I do not own a gimp suit. I am not in a gimp suit."

“He said that Hunt told him: "I am not dangerous, I am a normal person, I have got a few problems."

A search found Hunt was not wearing a T-shirt or any underwear and inside his van was a collection of wet black clothing, women's tights, face masks and gloves.”

Mint. 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Jared Leto, the weird, rapey, god-complex bloke, has climbed the Empire State Building 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67380226

I have a few technical climbery type points here. 

IMG_1798.thumb.jpeg.57d9d683657afee979bd9f50e6345eec.jpeg

Jared Leto’s height is variously stated as 5’9”-5’11”. 
So we can make an educated guess that each illuminated panel above is roughly 6’0”. 
There’s about 14-15 of them above him, so roughly 90’. 
That means there’s 90’ of rope between him and the top. 
In dynamic rope, which is what’s used in climbing, you can expect between 10-15% stretch in a fall, assuming the rope between the climber and the top is fairly taut. 
It’s plainly not taut in the pic. 

If he falls at this point, he’s going to drop at least 10-15’  before the rope begins to take his weight, another 5-6’ before he stops. 

Except… the photographer is obviously standing on a horizontal ledge,( There are lots of these all the way up the building), two panels below. 

He’d hit the ledge/photographer if he fell off. 

He’s also not wearing a lid, so if he got flipped by the loose rope, we’re looking at Cabbage Leto. 

Given the above, would anyone like to guess how bored I am at the moment? 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Jared Leto, the weird, rapey, god-complex bloke, has climbed the Empire State Building 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67380226

I have a few technical climbery type points here. 

IMG_1798.thumb.jpeg.57d9d683657afee979bd9f50e6345eec.jpeg

Jared Leto’s height is variously stated as 5’9”-5’11”. 
So we can make an educated guess that each illuminated panel above is roughly 6’0”. 
There’s about 14-15 of them above him, so roughly 90’. 
That means there’s 90’ of rope between him and the top. 
In dynamic rope, which is what’s used in climbing, you can expect between 10-15% stretch in a fall, assuming the rope between the climber and the top is fairly taut. 
It’s plainly not taut in the pic. 

If he falls at this point, he’s going to drop at least 10-15’  before the rope begins to take his weight, another 5-6’ before he stops. 

Except… the photographer is obviously standing on a horizontal ledge,( There are lots of these all the way up the building), two panels below. 

He’d hit the ledge/photographer if he fell off. 

He’s also not wearing a lid, so if he got flipped by the loose rope, we’re looking at Cabbage Leto. 

Given the above, would anyone like to guess how bored I am at the moment? 

As bored as I was by the end of your post? ;) 

• Haha 7

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

This 17yr old lad turning up in France after going missing six years is a pretty wild tale. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67718158

I spent a little bit of time near there, and it as heaving with weirdos, as mentioned in the article. 

Aye, dragged away by his mam and Granda to live with some weird cult. It's fucking mental. I was even more shocked to find out his Granda was a solid yet unspectacular defensive midfielder for us back in the King Kev days though.

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...