Anorthernsoul

Coronavirus

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Tyne and Wear are on the verge of lockdown I hear. We'll have the national restrictions but also pub and restaurant curfews and no mixing if households. The latter is going to play havoc with childcare and I'm wondering if I will be allowed to provide care for my relatives, or at least drive them to appointments etc.

The second wave is here. 

Probably. Providing you can prove that you’re off to blast some foxes in the face with a double-barrelled shotgun on the way

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Tyne and Wear are on the verge of lockdown I hear. We'll have the national restrictions but also pub and restaurant curfews and no mixing if households. The latter is going to play havoc with childcare and I'm wondering if I will be allowed to provide care for my relatives, or at least drive them to appointments etc.

The second wave is here. 

I’m not surprised. I was out walking the dogs on Sunday at about 5-ish and went past the Holystone Pub. There’s a car park, an overflow car park and an additional public car park next to it for people using the bridlepaths etc. All three were rammed with cars turning around because they couldn’t get in. There’s capacity for maybe 20-30 people to sit outside and obviously loads would be watching the match. I know they’re trying to keep the pubs open to protect jobs but it seems fucking ludicrous. Especially as it’ll probably just lead to another, even more economically damaging lockdown. Which loads of knackers will ignore second time round. Meanwhile, if the grandparents come round, we’re breaking the law. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

The second wave is here. 

My old man has days, at the most, left. 

Good luck to anyone trying to stop me seeing him. 

It’ll be The Rule Of Five.…

Five Knuckles.…

I’ll hit them :lol:

• Like 11

Sorry to hear that MF.

I just hope schools can stay safely open. Fuck pubs and non essential shops. Harsh to those employed in them I know but you have to prioritise. 

I'm going to ignore the household rule. For people who don't have much time left, its not fair or remotely practicable. Just have to social distance the best you can. 

Oh, and i better get a haircut ASAP. At least you slap heads don't have that problem! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

My old man has days, at the most, left. 

Good luck to anyone trying to stop me seeing him. 

It’ll be The Rule Of Five.…

Five Knuckles.…

I’ll hit them :lol:

Sorry to hear about your old man. 

Is grouse hunting on his bucket list?

Maybe take out a few Tories while you’re at it 

• Like 4

I'd just like to point out, in the interests of balance of fairness, there are 30 outside sports currently on the exemption list, including football at all levels :cuppa:

A lot of people don’t seem to be taking it seriously at all. I’ve seen loads arrogantly walking around shops without masks on, as if they’re making a point.

Stopped to get some petrol on Shields Road and the other 3 people in didn’t have masks on when I went to pay. 

Im seeing otherwise intelligent people pose with groups of friends. Right next to each other “distancing” by half a yard just enough to make the photo look unnatural but fuck all use apropos transmission. 

If we enter another lockdown and lose some privileges we deserve it tbh, or at least some do.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

A lot of people don’t seem to be taking it seriously at all. I’ve seen loads arrogantly walking around shops without masks on, as if they’re making a point.

Stopped to get some petrol on Shields Road and the other 3 people in didn’t have masks on when I went to pay. 

Im seeing otherwise intelligent people pose with groups of friends. Right next to each other “distancing” by half a yard just enough to make the photo look unnatural but fuck all use apropos transmission. 

If we enter another lockdown and lose some privileges we deserve it tbh, or at least some do.

You’re a free-thinking tough guy if you don’t wear a mask and not one of the sheeple. Facebook says so 

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

You’re a free-thinking tough guy if you don’t wear a mask and not one of the sheeple. Facebook says so 

The problem is these is that it’s not just the but jobs being careless. :( 

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

The problem is these is that it’s not just the but jobs being careless. :( 

It’s not just the nut jobs who get their info off Facebook 

Sorry about your dad MF you spend as much time as you can with him mate. Fuck the rules this is different 

Edited by trooper
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I'd just like to point out, in the interests of balance of fairness, there are 30 outside sports currently on the exemption list, including football at all levels :cuppa:

Not sure I count using a shotgun to shoot birds who are a bit shit at flying that have been flushed out of their hiding places as a sport like. ;) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Not sure I count using a shotgun to shoot birds who are a bit shit at flying that have been flushed out of their hiding places as a sport like. ;) 

Agreed....it's more a pastime for cunts & their enablers....

• Like 1

But I thought the countryside needs these rich lads going around shooting and hunting animals otherwise it would go bust ? I would hate to see that in my lifetime, just miles and miles of fields and trees and scrub and Moreland just sitting there looking pretty with no money...........devastating 

22 hours ago, Renton said:

or at least drive them to appointments etc.

As long as the appointment is in Bishop Auckland, you'll be fine

This is worth your time. Conclusion seems to be that this current wave is a lot different to the last one (at least so far), in a good, reassuring way. And this is mainstream, Sky News, not some wackjob. 

• Like 2

Interesting, but not entirely convinced because he didn't posit any reasons for the trends he was describing. Main thing was the disconnect between incidence rate and mortality compared with the first wave, prople don't seem to be dying so much. Why?

Younger more healthy demographic?

Better treatment?

A lot of at risk cohort already dead?

Virus is somehow less deadly?

Thing is, we're only in September. Its true winter I fear most.