Anorthernsoul

Coronavirus

I found out the other day a mate of mine and his wife have both had it. He's fine but she's still a bit rough as he put it. 

Both healthy people but still a small comfort in a way that it can be the "mild" thing we all hope. 

Yeah, rationally I know the vast majority of us will be okay, but then I'm shit scared of flying and that makes no sense.

But even discounting your own health, there's others to consider, personal finances, and the unprecedented collapse of the global economy to contend with. Not to mention the stresses of social distancing and the effect of this on kids. And the sheer speed of what's happened. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Anybody else feeling anxious?

I get it in waves. I was calm most yesterday, dont feel at all calm today. I've had that sick feeling in the pit if my stomach all day. 

I'm fixin to get spangled this evening. Your mam, dad and sister are picking me up shortly. Your dad reckons he knows a good dealer, so hopes are high. 

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Anybody else feeling anxious?

I get it in waves. I was calm most yesterday, dont feel at all calm today. I've had that sick feeling in the pit if my stomach all day. 

Had it in waves like you.  I cant say I am massively worried about getting it.  Infact, I could have even had it!  I get worried about work, then I am ok, then worried about my old man, then I speak to him and he's in good spirits.  I have limited myself on social media etc and tried to keep busy.  I am currently on Annual leave so spent most of the day doing jobs in the garden I have been putting off for months.

Stick in there Renton.

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

I'm fixin to get spangled this evening. Your mam, dad and sister are picking me up shortly. Your dad reckons he knows a good dealer, so hopes are high. 

Look out for the Blue Nissan Note beeping outside your window homie. 

• Haha 5

It’s mad how much still having to work has limited the impact, somewhat. Has all felt a bit like a regular week so far but I’m assuming the weekend is where I’ll go stir crazy and start thinking about it too much.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Had it in waves like you.  I cant say I am massively worried about getting it.  Infact, I could have even had it!  I get worried about work, then I am ok, then worried about my old man, then I speak to him and he's in good spirits.  I have limited myself on social media etc and tried to keep busy.  I am currently on Annual leave so spent most of the day doing jobs in the garden I have been putting off for months.

Stick in there Renton.

Yeah, will do, need to take my mind off things.

Anybody got any exciting plans for the weekend? 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Look out for the Blue Nissan Note beeping outside your window homie. 

Your dad reckons I'll hear Snoop Dogg before I see the car. 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

How many people do you think would something like that be have to be kept from just within his inner circle? 

Who did the test on Johnson & Hancock? Rishi fuckin Sunak? 🙄

I hate the Tories as much as anyone but they're as spooked as anyone about this. Johnson has a pregnant missus ffs.

Can we be sure she’s the mother of it, though? 
:crazypilot:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, will do, need to take my mind off things.

Anybody got any exciting plans for the weekend? 

:lol:
Where do I start? 

I'm not too bad as am WFH but Mrs very wound up - Amazon parcel and dogfood parcel are in quarantine in porch until tomorrow a.m. (2 days)

Must admit working from home is a distraction, to a point, but the whole social distancing thing if you meet someone when out is bizarre and unnerving IMO, lucky though we live on edge of farmland/countryside so the dog walk is usually "Other people" free. I wouldn't want to be living city center just now.

Managed to split the back of my head on a door this morning. I was in Lewisham hospital A&E getting glued back together again when the news came through of Johnson having coronavirus. The staff there were delighted that he had it! I hate the cunt as much as the next man, but the NHS staff seem to despise him. Still, it gave them a welcome boost in what must be terrible times for them. At least he’s doing something for their morale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It’s mad how much still having to work has limited the impact, somewhat. Has all felt a bit like a regular week so far but I’m assuming the weekend is where I’ll go stir crazy and start thinking about it too much.

Working from home has definitely come with pros & cans. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

Working from home has definitely come with pros & cans. 

Was that a deliberate typo? :lol:

Fairly sure just opening a mothballed factory will present it's own problems.

As Isegrim would say, "planning"

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Managed to split the back of my head on a door this morning. I was in Lewisham hospital A&E getting glued back together again when the news came through of Johnson having coronavirus. The staff there were delighted that he had it! I hate the cunt as much as the next man, but the NHS staff seem to despise him. Still, it gave them a welcome boost in what must be terrible times for them. At least he’s doing something for their morale.

I did think to myself that it would be better if people elected someone who would actually fund the NHS properly as opposed to standing outside and clapping their hands etc in a show of support.