Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Yes. 

This is my feeling also. It was good sport and has probably done some damage to Cummings as a figure of some craft and skill, but ultimately I don't think there was a killer blow in there.

Just now, Gemmill said:

I don't think it matters if he survives anymore. I think it's done untold damage to him and the government and I think it's turned the public against them. 

Exactly - I hope he stays. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

This is my feeling also. It was good sport and has probably done some damage to Cummings as a figure of some craft and skill, but ultimately I don't think there was a killer blow in there.

Could be for the best. Who knows how it’ll play out? But I think the papers, Piers Morgan etc continue to go after him following this tbh. He’s become the story and there were enough holes in his arguments for them to be picked apart. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

Could be for the best. Who knows how it’ll play out? But I think the papers, Piers Morgan etc continue to go after him following this tbh. He’s become the story and there were enough holes in his arguments for them to be picked apart. 

What childcare arrangements did the millions of other Londoners in his situation make, and why weren’t any of them good enough for him? 

• Like 1

I would imagine it’ll play well with the sort of people who won’t send their kids back to school but did take them to the coast for an ice cream this weekend. I can’t even pretend to be able to gauge the general public any more though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Out of interest I done a quick search of the history of Dominic Cummings and it appears he has a vast history of lying, obviously he seems to say anything to further his cause.

Hold the front page 

I believe that he thought he was doing the right thing for his family by driving them to his parents’ estate in Durham. On a human level, I understand why he thought that was the right thing to do at the time. But that’s not the point is it? Nor is it an acceptable excuse for breaking his own rules.