Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Peston’s follow up was muted by number 10 again. Not that I was particularly bothered, his questions are so longwinded but seems like this is the new normal 

It may have been a missed opportunity for one of the journalists to ask the medical expert whether they believe that Cummings actions were permitted of recommended under the guidelines. Perhaps that’s why the other two legged it from No.10.

The more I reflect on today's shitshow of a press conference, the more I think Whitty and Vallance left because they didn't want to be a part of Johnson's big announcements because they know that what he did today is dangerous and solely a distraction so he could keep him and his mate in a job.

When your data on infections is 2 weeks out of date and you haven't yet got a track and trace system up and running, why the fuck would you announce the reopening of the retail sector three weeks from now. They can't possibly have the data they need to support that decision. And they will not now backtrack from this because it would be to admit a mistake. He's done it to try and draw a line under the Cummings story but people are gonna die.

He's as dangerous as Trump now. His fucking head has gone, he's in survival mode and every fucker but him is expendable.

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The more I reflect on today's shitshow of a press conference, the more I think Whitty and Vallance left because they didn't want to be a part of Johnson's big announcements because they know that what he did today is dangerous and solely a distraction so he could keep him and his mate in a job.

When your data on infections is 2 weeks out of date and you haven't yet got a track and trace system up and running, why the fuck would you announce the reopening of the retail sector three weeks from now. They can't possibly have the data they need to support that decision. And they will not now backtrack from this because it would be to admit a mistake. He's done it to try and draw a line under the Cummings story but people are gonna die.

He's as dangerous as Trump now. His fucking head has gone, he's in survival mode and every fucker but him is expendable.

Where’s the 2 weeks out infection data thing come from? 🤔

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

100477531_10219729658046690_183038691261

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Where’s the 2 weeks out infection data thing come from? 🤔

At the press conf last week Matt Hancock was asked how out of date the data used to calculate R is. The bloke asking the question suggested it was two weeks out of date and Hancock confirmed that was currently correct, but that they are hoping to have more timely data in future.

Like all the other stuff they've hoped/promised would be in place, I'm confident they are still working off and making decisions based on the same 2 week old data. 

• Like 1

I know it’s all largely forgotten about and relatively unimportant but these are the people who gave contracts to a company ran by their mates to ship in food etc to the uk in the event of no deal even though said company didn’t own any ships. I might be a tad sketchy on the details there but I’m reasonably sure that’s right. Untrustworthy doesn’t begin to cover it 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Alex said:

I know it’s all largely forgotten about and relatively unimportant but these are the people who gave contracts to a company ran by their mates to ship in food etc to the uk in the event of no deal even though said company didn’t own any ships. I might be a tad sketchy on the details there but I’m reasonably sure that’s right. Untrustworthy doesn’t begin to cover it 

That was the tip of the iceberg.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/vote-leave-firm-faculty-guardian-report-1-6637177

• Like 1

No one has really answered the biggest questions arising from this yet, namely, who is the mystery Shit Violinist? 

Was it actually a shit violin, or a vuvuzela maestro? 

Were they arrested/moved on, or did they just get bored like everyone else? 

We need answers.