Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

13 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Clearly it’s for a straight man/gay man relationship. You get to imagine you’re fucking a vagina whilst he gets a mouthful of cock. Win/Win

I'm glad that's clear, then. :lol:

• Haha 2

Latest ONS stats show possibility of around 7% of pop having had the virus, around 4.3 million, which would I’ve a mortality rate of around 6% (using the figure of 60 000 deaths).

SARS 1 worked out at around 15% and seasonal flu is around 0.1%.

30 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Latest ONS stats show possibility of around 7% of pop having had the virus, around 4.3 million, which would I’ve a mortality rate of around 6% (using the figure of 60 000 deaths).

SARS 1 worked out at around 15% and seasonal flu is around 0.1%.

Who did those calculations? I make it 1.3% from those figures?

If 80% of the population eventually become infected, assuming the population is homogeneous to those already infected, there will be 800,000 deaths, which is horrific. Not as bad as the 3 million odd a 6% mortality rate gives though.

Edited by Renton

357 deaths today is still a hell of a lot and suggests yesterday bucked the trend this week. All they seem arsed about is the 7 day rolling averages showing a downward trend. Given the figures at the peak were fucking horrendous that’s not the cause for celebration they’re trying to sell it as. Evil cunts 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Thousands of people in huge groups on pointless protests up and down the country, yet I can't see any of my family or friends. Absolutely ridiculous.

Why can’t you see any of your family and friends? You’re allowed to now. Agree the protests are daft given the situation even if I agree with the sentiment behind them. 

14 minutes ago, strawb said:

Protests are hardly pointless. Not that I agree with the large groups gathering.

Do you think the Americans give a fuck what a bunch of hippies are doing across the pond? They are irrelevant. Trump doesn't even give a fuck what the Americans are doing.

10 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Do you think the Americans give a fuck what a bunch of hippies are doing across the pond? They are irrelevant. Trump doesn't even give a fuck what the Americans are doing.

Probably not but the protests still matter

You're just contradicting yourself now. So you know the Americans don't care about what is happening anywhere else but the protests do matter, you know the fact the social distancing guidelines have been ripped up and you don't agree with large groups of people gathering but the protests should happen.

Are you for fucking real?

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I probably would have gone on the BLM rally in normal times. In the middle of a pandemic? Nah, you’re alright 

They are selfish, ignorant, entitled, scum.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

I’ve nothing to add to what others have said. It’s a cause worth protesting for but not the right time imo. Unfortunately the police didn’t take that into consideration when murdering an unarmed black man.

22 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Scum? 

I take it none of you are aware of the idiots "Protesting" in London today who have defaced war memorials etc. Utter mindless scum.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

The government’s mixed messages about lockdown will have been a factor in so many people attending the protests  

7 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I take it none of you are aware of the idiots "Protesting" in London today who have defaced war memorials etc. Utter mindless scum.

Stay off the meths, Brexit boy