Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

Somebody has sprayed BLM on a pedestal of a monument and you're positively frothing? :lol:

Let's just ignore the huge damage you have done to the country and NE in general by supporting Farage then, eh? 

So what are these disrespectful clowns hoping to achieve with this blatant disregard for anything but their big day out?

For someone who sits on this other worldly moral high ground you seem to be distinctly lacking in any morals when you feel like it.

There's hundreds of reasons to protest and I agree with most of them, I understand the need to protest against racism obviously but most aren't at the moment because of COVID.  Yet these seem to not give a fuck about that.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the defacing of historical monuments either, but it's still better than them actually becoming violent. One of the few advantages that the left has is that they can go for property and not people. On the other hand, it's needlessly provocative and only alienates the middleground.

But then, as ever, when the left does things like this it's never particularly well organised and never with any clear or attainable goals in mind. Which is a shame.

I still think they get a free pass with respect of COVID from the Cummings fiasco though.

Edited by Rayvin

41 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

So what are these disrespectful clowns hoping to achieve with this blatant disregard for anything but their big day out?

For someone who sits on this other worldly moral high ground you seem to be distinctly lacking in any morals when you feel like it.

Literally everyone on here has said they don't think the timing of this and lack of social distancing is appropriate. This has got fuck all to do with me having a lack of morals. Personally,  with all the shit we have to deal with today, mainly but not exclusively related to the fact we have an extreme right wing government enabled by the likes of you, I find this a bizarre thing to get upset about, but not particularly surprising. 

I find it funny that a lot of the people who claim to have the establishment sussed vote Leave and/or Tory and need to be told what to be offended by on Facebook  :cuppa: 

Edited by Alex

Enabled by the likes of me! I have never and will never vote Tory. EVER. And how is it a thing bizarre to get upset about when you've denounced the idiots flouting lock down at every opportunity (Rightly so) but don't seem too critical of these ignorant toads? If you even bothered to read my post about my mate not seeing his dad before he died during the week and the funeral arrangements, which is one example, there's been over 40k deaths man, and taking into account the sacrifices everyone has had to make and the utter torrid time the NHS has had then it's hardly bizarre is it? 

Like I say, you appear to change your moral stance when it fits your agenda. Just admit it, these "Protests" have taken the piss massively and it's complete selfishness.

I've been listening to an interview with a Professor Michael Levitt from Stanford University. This bloke is adamant that lockdown is no more effective than social distancing and the use of masks. It was on episode 78 of a podcast called The Fat Emperor. It's worth a listen.

Not saying I believe him btw, I've no idea who is right. 

It’s quite fitting to put BLM on the cenotaph given how the role played by many Empire / Commonwealth soldiers has largely been ignored by British historians 

2 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Enabled by the likes of me! I have never and will never vote Tory. EVER. And how is it a thing bizarre to get upset about when you've denounced the idiots flouting lock down at every opportunity (Rightly so) but don't seem too critical of these ignorant toads? If you even bothered to read my post about my mate not seeing his dad before he died during the week and the funeral arrangements, which is one example, there's been over 40k deaths man, and taking into account the sacrifices everyone has had to make and the utter torrid time the NHS has had then it's hardly bizarre is it? 

Like I say, you appear to change your moral stance when it fits your agenda. Just admit it, these "Protests" have taken the piss massively and it's complete selfishness.

I accept you are left leaning politically, but Brexit enabled this shambles of a government to get into power, so yes, you enabled it. Consett, Blyth, Hartlepool, all conned into voting tory because of Cummings. It's disastrous and you've played your part.

And for the last time, neither me or anyone else is condoning these protests considering the epidemic. But it's a hugely important issue and blanketing it by calling all the protestors scum does you no favours. Get angry with the government,  not them. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s quite fitting to put BLM on the cenotaph given how the role played by many Empire / Commonwealth soldiers has largely been ignored by British historians 

The very minor graffiti on the Lincoln statue could be taken to be an affirmation, rather than a sign of disrespect imo as well. Probably take 5 minutes to wash off. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

The very minor graffiti on the Lincoln statue could be taken to be an affirmation, rather than a sign of disrespect imo as well. Probably take 5 minutes to wash off. 

:icon_lol:

Unbelievable.

Second spike incoming due to selfish buffoons seeing the Americans kicking off and wanting a piece of the pie.

Serious question for you and wishy washy Alex with the lack of any substance in any of his posts, what will these protests actually achieve in this country? Who are they even aiming to sway? Because there's a huge difference in the crowds, they all are protesting different things but no clear goal. It is a mess. It obviously was started as Black Lives Matter because of what has happened in the States but then you've got LGBT there, you've got anti government etc etc ect. It seems many have just jumped on the bandwagon of protest with zero real target of change. Like Rayvin said there is no organisation and it just looks like selfish bullshit at the stage we're at as a country. Then you've got Anthony Joshua calling for everyone to boycott all white owned businesses, that in itself is racist surely. I wonder what Eddie Hearn thinks about that.

39 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've been listening to an interview with a Professor Michael Levitt from Stanford University. This bloke is adamant that lockdown is no more effective than social distancing and the use of masks. It was on episode 78 of a podcast called The Fat Emperor. It's worth a listen.

Not saying I believe him btw, I've no idea who is right. 

He’s the guy who said covid would burn itself out in 2 weeks, 4 weeks ago.

I've got to tne point where I just can't be fucked listening to anybody who supports Brexit on any topic at all. Your opinion on anything is worthless to me, you are obviously an idiot.

Same with climate change or voting Tory, if you are still peddling that shit you are the enemy, just fuck off

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Second spike incoming due to selfish buffoons seeing the Americans kicking off and wanting a piece of the pie.

Serious question for you and wishy washy Alex with the lack of any substance in any of his posts, what will these protests actually achieve in this country? Who are they even aiming to sway? Because there's a huge difference in the crowds, they all are protesting different things but no clear goal. It is a mess. It obviously was started as Black Lives Matter because of what has happened in the States but then you've got LGBT there, you've got anti government etc etc ect. It seems many have just jumped on the bandwagon of protest with zero real target of change. Like Rayvin said there is no organisation and it just looks like selfish bullshit at the stage we're at as a country. Then you've got Anthony Joshua calling for everyone to boycott all white owned businesses, that in itself is racist surely. I wonder what Eddie Hearn thinks about that.

You’re a fucking moron. That’s one of the reasons I can’t be arsed to engage with you. I’m not going to be drawn into an argument with you defending a position I don’t hold and haven’t expressed. Will that do? 

Edited by Alex

Just now, Anorthernsoul said:

Enjoy your Sunday gents.

:lol: Nicely done. ;)

You have a good one too. Maybe by seeing your family or friends like you're allowed to now.

So we were going to go and visit our mates this afternoon whose kids are same age as ours - it was their boy’s birthday this weekend, we had a present to drop off etc. We were going to bring some beers and try to do our first socially distant catch up in a garden, but then they tell us that their kids have been at a play date this morning with kids of their friend’s, who happen to be key workers. I asked if they would be playing at a distance. They said they would have tried but couldn’t guarantee it. 

All of a sudden, I don’t fancy it.

Are we worrying too much? The infection rates and number of deaths in London have plummeted. It feels like a lot of people are taking this thing much less seriously than we still are. I know people who went on the BLM march yesterday. When I expressed surprise they said they wore gloves and masks and weren’t worried. I dunno, I know life has to get back to some kind of normality but it’s hard to know if we need to chill out a bit or if others should still be treating the virus with the respect it deserves.