Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Anorthernsoul said:

You're just contradicting yourself now. So you know the Americans don't care about what is happening anywhere else but the protests do matter, you know the fact the social distancing guidelines have been ripped up and you don't agree with large groups of people gathering but the protests should happen.

Are you for fucking real?

No I’m not contradicting myself. You said the protests were pointless, I said they weren’t but I disagree with mass gatherings.

Calm down you old woman, your daily mail crossword needs doing.

• Like 1

They are selfish, ignorant, entitled, scum.

I agree. 
But now isn’t the time to talk about Leave voters.  

If you can’t see why people are protesting in such numbers, you’re most likely part of the problem. 

It’s really fucking easy- Black lives matter. 
Which bit is troubling you? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I agree. 
But now isn’t the time to talk about Leave voters.  

If you can’t see why people are protesting in such numbers, you’re most likely part of the problem. 

It’s really fucking easy- Black lives matter. 
Which bit is troubling you? 

Nobody can deny the police brutality in the States is absolutely sickening and has been for a long time. 

Of course I get the protest, it's rather obvious isn't it........

It's the 4 month lockdown we've been under and 40k+ deaths in the UK that is the big problem. NHS at breaking point, businesses crumbling, everyone making huge sacrifices, some people haven't left their homes in the whole period.  Then you get these jokers just doing what the fuck they want and if you really want to be serious about it possibly putting lives at risk for what? It will change absolutely nothing at this moment in time. Then the sheer disrespect of mindless vandalism on top of that on D-Day of all days. Unbelievable.

I take it none of you are aware of the idiots "Protesting" in London today who have defaced war memorials etc. Utter mindless scum.

That’s not a war memorial. It’s a statue of Field Marshall Earl Haig of Bemersyde. He didn’t care who or how many  he fuckin killed either. 99.999999999% of them were white too :cuppa:

• Like 2

Not followed any of this but I'm guessing the protests arent against American police brutality and are not intended to make Trump change his mind. They are to highlight institutionalised racism endemic throughout the world, and most definitely in the UK too. In fact we are the only country in the world that has formally acknowledged this, all be that in saner times. 

Guaranteed ANS would be a Trump voter if he lived in the US, nailed on. Reeks of gammon. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Not followed any of this but I'm guessing the protests arent against American police brutality and are not intended to make Truamp change his mind. They are to highlight institutionalised racism endemic throughout the world, and most definitely in the UK too. In fact we are the only country in the world that has formally acknowledged this, all be that in saner times. 

Guaranteed ANS would be a Trump voter if he lived in the US, nailed on. Reeks of gammon. 

Would I fuck, I can't stand the cunt.

Next.

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Not followed any of this but I'm guessing the protests arent against American police brutality and are not intended to make Trump change his mind. They are to highlight institutionalised racism endemic throughout the world, and most definitely in the UK too. In fact we are the only country in the world that has formally acknowledged this, all be that in saner times. 

Because it's nothing to do with what's happening in America?

Are you for real aswell?

Just now, Anorthernsoul said:

Mass gatherings are banned yet these silly fucking idiots can do what they want?

Nobody's saying mass gatherings are a good idea. But your vitriolic outrage against what I think are well meaning people is way OTT. There are plenty of people fitting the description scum, people protesting against racism would be way down on my list. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Because it's nothing to do with what's happening in America?

Are you for real aswell?

That's the trigger. Racism is everywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Nobody's saying mass gatherings are a good idea. But your vitriolic outrage against what I think are well meaning people is way OTT.

"Well meaning people", are you completely forgetting COVID and the lock down? 

Just now, Anorthernsoul said:

"Well meaning people", are you completely forgetting COVID and the lock down? 

He literally referred to it in the first half of his post? Are you forgetting or ignoring that? 

I'm trying to watch Queer Eye here. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

Lads there's new episodes of Queer Eye. Nobody needs to be this angry. Be like me. Get the Fab 5 and some hot pants on and chill out. 

I'm calm :icon_lol: It just feels like we are living a parallel world where the last 4 months haven't happened.

Nah I think everyone agrees with you that the timing is dismal. It's hard to imagine that this isn't gonna lead to some spread of the virus. 

But I understand people getting caught up in the moment. Especially young black people. 

Anyway get Queer Eye on, let's have a watching party.