Coronavirus

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great news lads the son in laws ex wife is home. It looks like she's going to be ok it's really brought it home how bad this is. Hopefully things can get back to some kind of normality in a couple of

A 10ft coffin, slowly whirring down the aisle carried by 6 weeping Roombas. 

Probably standing in the empty Nightingale hospitals (which we can’t use without staff btw - good luck finding more nurses)   None of us have been routinely tested. Only eligible if we have

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Renton said:

Getting the Pfizer jab next week. Feel a bit guilty because undoubtedly some staff and patients need it more than me but on the other hand I am in a care bubble so it will also indirectly benefit 3 others. Only got to survive the weekend now..... 

The bloke who insists schools should all stay open getting vaccinated before teachers. :lol:

I've seen it ALL now. 

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The bloke who insists schools should all stay open getting vaccinated before teachers. :lol:

I've seen it ALL now. 

Ahem, I've literally argued in the past week that teacher's should be in the first tier of vaccination. :finger:

Also I would not argue for schools to stay open now, the figures are getting slightly terrifying.

Other than the obvious problem of giving Gemmill’s life partner some work to do I think this is a good indicator of how many more people are in work over this lockdown compared to the first wave. Things are more serious now but the lockdown isn’t as stringent.

54 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Other than the obvious problem of giving Gemmill’s life partner some work to do I think this is a good indicator of how many more people are in work over this lockdown compared to the first wave. Things are more serious now but the lockdown isn’t as stringent.

The financial support isn’t there for a lot of people so they’re working when they probably would rather not be. 

Anecdotally, it feels more like last spring than it has been at any point since the Cummings incident. The streets are very quiet all of a sudden and people are giving way on the streets to allow for social distancing, something I haven’t seen for a long time. 

Though after a year, there is clearly a degree of fatigue, when you look at the school attendance numbers - complacency and plain desperation have led to a less stringent lockdown. 

It’s down to the policymakers. People will comply if the decision is made for them and the financial support is in place. They can start by closing places of worship and reducing the number of professions that fall in the key worker category. 

On 07/01/2021 at 22:40, ewerk said:

Has anyone confirmed the actual effectiveness of the Oxford vaccine?

Bloke down Tynemouth market is doing the Oxford Vaccine for £2 a shot. 

Or three for a pfizer! 

Edited by Ugly Mackems
  • Haha 3
On 10/01/2021 at 09:47, PaddockLad said:

What concerns me (doomsday scenario) given the virus is rampant in this country (thanks inept Gov't) it is way more likely to keep generating mutations, if one comes along that is resistant, (and there is an E strain - can't recall the numbers that follow E - that it's not known yet if it is vaccine resistant or not.) rest of world would be well advised to shut us off until it was eradicated - easily done as we are an island after all - but there seems zero eradication policy in sight.

Vaccination update - Mother in Law (age 84 with COPD), second vaccination postponed "indefinitely" Sister in Law works in care sector, 2nd Jab same.

De Pfeffel's serial rule breaking cunt of a dad has had his 2 though so that's OK.

• Jaysus... 1
1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

What concerns me (doomsday scenario) given the virus is rampant in this country (thanks inept Gov't) it is way more likely to keep generating mutations, if one comes along that is resistant, (and there is an E strain - can't recall the numbers that follow E - that it's not known yet if it is vaccine resistant or not.) rest of world would be well advised to shut us off until it was eradicated - easily done as we are an island after all - but there seems zero eradication policy in sight.

Single shot vaccinations are more likely to produce mutations I heard so this is a real concern. If any government is capable of pulling off a Doomsday scenario, ours are. 🇬🇧 ☄️ 🔥

• Like 1

From a a lad at work:

"found out yesterday that my cousin was fuming at her ex-husband recently, apparently he felt ill with coronavirus symptoms just before xmas but he still went to his parents for xmas and his new wife's parents (who have illnesses) for boxing-day... subsequently his father-in-law has now died and his mother-in-law is in hospital... when he found out he was tested positive he said to his son (also my cousin's son) that he'd pop round the next day to see him... my cousin told him exactly where to go of course, it's no wonder the virus is spreading with people like that"

• Jaysus... 4