The Fan Ownership Pledge

They keep saying “this has been in the works for four years” etc etc 

Proper lightbulb moment “I know! Let’s ask for money!”

:lol: For fucks sake man. So they’d need acceptance by Ashley, buy in from any potential new owner, and possibly some type of test by the PL(?) all for what would surely be a fairly immaterial minority stake in the club where they’d have no actual say? Like AH says it’ll be one for the soooopah doopah fans. 

Edited by Howay

32 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: For fucks sake man. So they’d need acceptance by Ashley, buy in from any potential new owner, and possibly some type of test by the PL(?) all for what would surely be a fairly immaterial minority stake in the club where they’d have no actual say? Like AH says it’ll be one for the soooopah doopah fans. 

I don't think the test will ever be an issue. New owners can just pay lip service (as Ashley has done with those Fans forum charades) and appear engaged.

I suppose what it does do is promote a sense of involvement for the pledging fans, and at the very least there'll be a decent donation to a local charity.

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve always found Mr. Sheen to be far superior to Pledge, so for that reason, ( and the fact I’m not living in Cloud CuckooLand), I’m out. 

mr sheen was superb in apocalypse now, I'm sure you'd agree?

as regards NUST....

for fucks sake man, a 2 or 3 day fanfare leading up to what amounts to a fantasy, tolkein would've struggled to compete with this.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't think the test will ever be an issue. New owners can just pay lip service (as Ashley has done with those Fans forum charades) and appear engaged.

I suppose what it does do is promote a sense of involvement for the pledging fans, and at the very least there'll be a decent donation to a local charity.

How is there any involvement besides plumping up the cash for what amounts to a complete vanity project birthed from the realm of day-dreaming fantasists? If I was on that trust, I’d want the entire board stepping down for attempting to raise money for something so inane

They want to be seen to be doing something....noble but pointless... loving the huge amount of OOT'ers in the video, enough to see Stevie,  the mad bacon shed bigot who's name escapes me atm & Michael Martin the old True Faith honcho who was driven off twitter by a crazed mob of young multi national Toon Army foot soldiers a fuckin coronary :lol:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 3

Well I'm going to buck the trend on here and say I don't think it's totally pointless. Worst case scenario you've bunged a few quid to North East charities or end up like Sunderland or Bury and the fans will end up bailing them out. Any consortium that takes over might well get some brownie points by involving the fans and whilst not being a Barcelona type club with the voting etc, could still have a part to play and be involved in it. Nobody is asking anyone to fork out anything they don't want to/afford. 

Yours,

Soopafan.* :lol:

*From a nice family

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

How is there any involvement besides plumping up the cash for what amounts to a complete vanity project birthed from the realm of day-dreaming fantasists? If I was on that trust, I’d want the entire board stepping down for attempting to raise money for something so inane

Involvement in so much as they've bought into something alongside the other fans. Kind of like all chipping in a quid to the office lottery group. You've still got fuck all chance of winning, but it is supposed to promote camaraderie... or something.

50 minutes ago, Tom said:

That’s one thing I don’t miss about the office. 

The weekly “if I won the euromillions” chat :lol: 

:lol: 
“I wouldn’t know what to do, I’d probably keep turning up here until I figure it out” 

Edited by Howay

29 minutes ago, Howay said:

“I wouldn’t know what to do, I’d probably keep turning up here until I figure it out” 

Anyone who keeps working after a massive lottery win should have it taken off them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Well I'm going to buck the trend on here and say I don't think it's totally pointless. Worst case scenario you've bunged a few quid to North East charities or end up like Sunderland or Bury and the fans will end up bailing them out. Any consortium that takes over might well get some brownie points by involving the fans and whilst not being a Barcelona type club with the voting etc, could still have a part to play and be involved in it. Nobody is asking anyone to fork out anything they don't want to/afford. 

Yours,

Soopafan.* :lol:

*From a nice family

Agreed. Having a small part of your club owned by the fans seems like a reasonable and achievable goal. It might not be for everyone but at least they are doing something over and above having a twist on the internet ;) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Agreed. Having a small part of your club owned by the fans seems like a reasonable and achievable goal. It might not be for everyone but at least they are doing something over and above having a twist on the internet ;) 

Shearer's in now and he's apparently as tight as they come. :lol: 

It's long term and when you think in that scale it isn't as daft as it sounds, if hearts support can raise £12m then surely we can do at least as much long term? 

57 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Shearer's in now and he's apparently as tight as they come. :lol: 

It's long term and when you think in that scale it isn't as daft as it sounds, if hearts support can raise £12m then surely we can do at least as much long term? 

Yeah but £12million bought Hearts. 

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Yeah but £12million bought Hearts. 

Still £12m raised and nobody is suggesting £12m will buy NUFC, (unless we do a Portsmouth/Sunderland etc).