The new manager thread

Polarboy

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

He'd agreed the role knowing the Jones situation. 

If (IF) it's hit a stumbling block, it must be over the backroom staff, as that apparently was the conditional element of the agreement being "in principle". 

And we know that for a fact do we?

It is a weird one like, these staff must be fairly impossible to negotiate with since it’s now cost him two jobs. Saying that there’s also the chance they tried to take the piss knowing we are over a barrel and our lot chose to play hardball, which would be worrying to given we are desperate. 

I'll say this mind. The Mirror website is a festering hole that only exists to gain ad revenue. If you wanted to generate a fuck load of clicks on a Saturday afternoon, print a quote-free story about the latest Newcastle manager attempt falling through at the last minute. 

• Like 3

What kind of fussy cunts are his backroom staff if they've cost him two jobs in a row. It just doesn't make sense. Surely from Howe's perspective he'd realise that he'd be a laughing stock if this were to happen for a second time in a row. Any sane person would then get rid of the cunt holding everybody up and replace them. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I read on twitter last night (i know) its already collapsed and now they're holding out for Rafa to be sacked. 

I don't believe that for one minute. It would vindicate all those taking the piss out of the new owners. What if Everton win their next 3 games? :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

What kind of fussy cunts are his backroom staff if they've cost him two jobs in a row. It just doesn't make sense. Surely from Howe's perspective he'd realise that he'd be a laughing stock if this were to happen for a second time in a row. Any sane person would then get rid of the cunt holding everybody up and replace them. 

Aye they're not the fucking Beatles like. I'm sure at least one of these lads is replaceable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

People saying its related to Jones but I dont think so, defo reads like its on Howes end. I mean what could be the issue here does he want to bring in a entire new set of staff from top to bottom on the football side of things?? I've read that at Bournemouth he was meticulous down to the minor details like how the tables are shaped in the canteen, maybe this blokes a bit of a control freak and wants all his own guys in and our people are trying to limit the staff he replaces 

Edited by 247
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Er yeah. Cos at the same time as the agreement in principle was reported, it was also reported that Jones would be staying. 

No one other than those involved know fully what is occurring certainly not us or a speculative press.

Just now, Alan Doh'liver said:

I don't believe that for one minute. It would vindicate all those taking the piss out of the new owners. What if Everton win their next 3 games? :lol:

Yeah, the waiting for Rafa stuff is insane patter. If you want Rafa, you either offer Everton £10m to release him immediately, or you forget about him. There's no way we're waiting for them to sack him. 

Just now, 247 said:

People saying its related to Jones but I dont think so, defo reads like its on Howes end. I mean what could be the issue here does he want to bring in a entire new set of staff from top to bottom on the football side of things?? I've read that at Bournemouth he was meticulous down to the minor details like how the tables are shaped in the canteen, maybe this blokes a bit of a control freak and wants all his own guys in 

I think we would probably accommodate him if that was the case, presumably we would trust him to put the right people in. It has to be something else. 

Just now, Dougle said:

No one other than those involved know fully what is occurring certainly not us or a speculative press.

OK, so what are you doing speculating that Jones is the cause of the collapse? :lol:

1 minute ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

I think we would probably accommodate him if that was the case, presumably we would trust him to put the right people in. It has to be something else. 

Probably isnt money related though so you'd assume its more the logistics of the situation, I know that could mean a number of things like 

Edited by 247

Just now, Gemmill said:

OK, so what are you doing speculating that Jones is the cause of the collapse? :lol:

Err just that …speculating…. It’s a message board ffs. People have opinions yeah?

2 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

Watching Man U lose again, I'm thinking Ole's getting sacked in the morning. Hmmm....

Dont 😂 If thats how Ole organises that team I cant imagine how ours would look

1 minute ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

Like what? 

Well it could be anything.. based on almost nothing I bet its related to how many hes trying to bring in though. It would make sense that he wants rid of Jones and for some reason they are reluctant to bin him off for whatever reason but why would they accommodate an assistant thats been here for a few months and risk fucking the entire deal?

1 minute ago, 247 said:

Well it could be anything.. based on almost nothing I bet its related to how many hes trying to bring in though. It would make sense that he wants rid of Jones and for some reason they are reluctant to bin him off for whatever reason but why would they accommodate an assistant thats been here for a few months and risk fucking the entire deal?

I reckon the four of them have got a 10+ year game of D&D going and Dungeon Master Howe is too hooked to give it up. 

• Haha 3

Just now, 247 said:

Exactly. If he wants rid of current staff and replace them with his own, so what? Our staff are hardly irreplaceable, if that's the only hold up, surely we'd have done it?

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread