Newcastle v Brentford

Christmas Tree

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Setting aside the defensive frailties, watching the complete difference in energy and movement just makes Bruce look like an even bigger cunt than he already did. 

Will that get brought up during the MOTD analysis though? Nah.

6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Jonjo and Joelinton pushing it for first half motm. What is going on?

Great to see so many chances and pushing for set pieces. 

We'll know we're onto something if they're still pushing for in the second half, you don't normally get more than 50 mins out of Jonjo. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alan Doh'liver said:

We'll know we're onto something if they're still pushing for in the second half, you don't normally get more than 50 mins out of Jonjo. 

I think they'll all run out of steam by 70 mins anyway given that they were used to having most days off and strolling around on matchdays. 

24 minutes ago, 247 said:

We all know Howes style is meant to be gung ho and all that but we'd never win a game defending like this 

Before Howe came in we were shite at the back and shite going forward, so one out of two isn't bad 😉👍 In all seriousness though we can't expect the world after just two weeks training and the imposition of him having to isolate. And I have to say Big Joe not looking so useless. Of course it still seems like it's fifty, fifty as to whether he'll fall on his arse, or pull off a Cruyff turn and go on a mazy run every time he gets the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, Alan Doh'liver said:

This is what I’m most interested to see now, how long can we keep up that pace going forward. I did notice Shelvey pushed into the box maybe only once or twice so he’s probably being kept on a tight leash fitness wise