Shelvey's unrivalled stats and his peers in central midfield vs Arsenal (aka match thread drivel)

Dr Gloom

Just now, wykikitoon said:

These two seriously want us to concede don't they 

I think I've got a different commentator to you, but his tone when Arsenal are attacking couldn't be further removed from his tone when we are. 

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

BUJ7 started well but has had a seizure of some sort 

Just covered a massive amount of ground keeping the pressing going then, great effort.

Overall I'm happy with our effort, need to string some passes together, but we're at least putting a bit of pressure on them. Defensively Schar has been good and it's very nice to have Dubravka back.

15 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It was apparently and not given

It was the quickest look ever, cath words, the lot of them.

Edited by OTF

4 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Fortunately,they’ve no interest in getting crosses into the box.Can TOT switch on for another 45 mins? He’s never been put under pressure so far.BUJ7 receiving praise for running around.Justifying his £40m price tag.

Forget the price tag and his history. He's only been managed by the fat waste of space during his time in England. If you're only judging him on his performances since Howe arrived he's been one of our best players and our hardest working.

Edited by OTF

Just now, toonotl said:

Yep. Blatant pen. You have to wonder what VAR is for if it's not giving us a pen on review there. He's blatantly hauled our player down.

Typical refs. Even when they’re given technology to do the work for them, they still can’t make a decision to save their life

You love to see it from Krafth, not pleased having both him and his doppelganger on yellows though. 

Edited by OTF

Just now, Gemmill said:

Darlow might have fumbled that Saka effort. :razz:

I was thinking the same thing. He was terrible is his last game, but have to say he had overall been not too bad prior to that given our defense.