a ticket thread....

thebrokendoll

46 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Most people are struggling to pay their mortgage at the minute. Wouldn't be surprised if there are significantly fewer away fans at these 3 games than during the last CL campaign 

Aye its a very different country to the last time we were in the CL, and the NE has been hammered more than most of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

This time last season I'd been to three out of three home games. This season I've been unsuccessful for three out of three games in the ballot. It's the last time I'll ever try and buy a ticket for a NUFC game, fuck them. I'm sure they'll be far more worried about going to some fan event in Philadelphia or Delhi and videoing it whilst gushing about their great fans out there. In the unlikely circumstances any of the 'guys' in charge happen to see this.....

IMG_f73f26.jpg.3d3105749bc6408d7943ff486f416b8b.jpg

same mate. 

3 ballots fuck all.

this time last season (can't be arsed to check the fixture list) I'd been to forest at home, man city at home. brighton away, wolves away.

last season I managed 80% of home games (opted out of the others) and 50% of our away games  (minus wembley)

I could get away tickets in the tried and tested system from donators both old and new in much the same way as I myself helped others out since the late 80s/early 90s and onwards..... completely frozen out now. they've excluded from purchasing away tickets membership holders who have more loyalty points for away games than season ticket holders.

they've imposed fucking draconian identity checks and punishments for 'offenders' who don't comply with their sinister intentions , they're treating decent, normal people like fucking potential criminals 

I despised ashley, I'm rapidly growing to despise these cunts too.

they've increased the membership fee by 50% and made it unlimited, their communication of membership sales for match day tickets are farcical and leave little if any time for those living outside the north east to plan for travel and accommodation. 

they've failed to communicate how many memberships they've sold or how many match day tickets go on sale for each match.

they've increased the cost of a ticket for both the aston villa and brentford game by 30% from last season.

they've implemented a digital ticket system for entry which serves no purpose whatsoever other than create gridlock and confusion at turnstiles.

they've created a system which allows no choice of seats to those successful in a ballot no matter how inappropriate the seat might be to the ticket holder dependant on age/mobility/eyesight and originally cost.

attempting to contact the box office with a query is fucking shambolic and a waste of time unless you've got a couple of hours to put aside.

everything the club have done regarding ticketing this season has been pathetic and embarrassing, about the only thing they've achieved is to make lee charnley look like a professional.

I've walked away from this shit before when my principals haven't allowed me to finance people who are taking the fucking piss out of me. I'm about to do it again and I couldn't give a flying fuck if we might be about to become good.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

same mate. 

3 ballots fuck all.

this time last season (can't be arsed to check the fixture list) I'd been to forest at home, man city at home. brighton away, wolves away.

last season I managed 80% of home games (opted out of the others) and 50% of our away games  (minus wembley)

I could get away tickets in the tried and tested system from donators both old and new in much the same way as I myself helped others out since the late 80s/early 90s and onwards..... completely frozen out now. they've excluded from purchasing away tickets membership holders who have more loyalty points for away games than season ticket holders.

they've imposed fucking draconian identity checks and punishments for 'offenders' who don't comply with their sinister intentions , they're treating decent, normal people like fucking potential criminals 

they've increased the membership fee by 50% and made it unlimited, their communication of membership sales for match day tickets are farcical and leave little if any time for those living outside the north east to plan for travel and accommodation. 

they've failed to communicate how many memberships they've sold or how many match day tickets go on sale for each match.

they've increased the cost of a ticket for both the aston villa and brentford game by 30% from last season.

they've implemented a digital ticket system for entry which serves no purpose whatsoever other than create gridlock and confusion at turnstiles.

they've created a system which allows no choice of seats to those successful in a ballot no matter how inappropriate the seat might be to the ticket holder dependant on age/mobility/eyesight and originally cost.

attempting to contact the box office with a query is fucking shambolic and a waste of time unless you've got a couple of hours to put aside.

everything the club have done regarding ticketing this season has been pathetic and embarrassing, about the only thing they've achieved is to make lee charnley look like a professional.

I've walked away from this shit before when my principals haven't allowed me finance people who taking the fucking piss out of me. I'm about to do it again.

The membership fee* is the same but everything else..... 100% 👍

* although last year I actually got use out of the membership fee, this year..... Not so much.

10 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The membership fee* is the same but everything else..... 100% 👍

* although last year I actually got use out of the membership fee, this year..... Not so much.

my membership fee last year was £25, I opted out of having their shitty plastic wallet and pen or whatever other sports direct like tat that were offering at the time. 

it went up to £37:this year, so as near as damn it a 50% increase with fuck all tacky shite as a token to justify it.

well, apart from a digital membership card I can stick in me google wallet.

FUCK THEM.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

my membership fee last year was £25, I opted out of having their shitty plastic wallet and pen or whatever other sports direct like tat that were offering at the time. 

it went up to £37:this year, so as near as damn it a 50% increase with fuck all tacky shite as a token to justify it.

well, apart from a digital membership card I can stick in me google wallet.

FUCK THEM.

Mine was £37 last year, can't remember getting anything? :lol:

48 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

same mate. 

3 ballots fuck all.

I've walked away from this shit before when my principals haven't allowed me to finance people who are taking the fucking piss out of me. I'm about to do it again and I couldn't give a flying fuck if we might be about to become good.

I feel your pain. I was able to go to six home games last season through a group of ST holder mates. I could get two, sometimes four seats together for friends or family. No chance of that with the current system unless I fork out for more memberships.

Now it’s basically a lottery but i

figure my best chance of getting a seat is applying for one of the more expensive ones and sitting on my own - this strategy worked for the Liverpool game. Not ideal but you can always go for a drink with people you know before and after the match 

Anyone knows how strict the new system is? I try to attend a game every season travelling from Scandinavia. Buying from third party pages has been done a few time to make planning easier but now is seems so hard just to get a ticket. The prices has gone up and you could even risk not getting in without a secure ticket.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/newcastle-united-urges-fans-to-avoid-unauthorised-ticket-resellers/

What could you do?

Edited by Nehe

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Are you getting some PL? Or would you already have piled in by now if you were?

Yeah south coast mags all sorted for all 3 trips, very fortunate. Even more fortunate to have Heathrow & Gatwick <2 hrs drive too. Makes a huge difference . I’ve seen some lads on twitter saying they’re doing Newcastle > Dublin then anywhere near Italy then getting the train etc or even another flight 😬

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

sell all your tickets

you couldn't sell all your tickets....

from where I was in the east side of the gallowgate on saturday I could see dozens of empty seats in the lower part of the east stand. there appeared to be pockets in the milburn too.

3 games in and I've not had a sniff at a ticket in the ballot and yet I've been able, along with 3 others to comfortably get tickets in resale for all the games, even affording the luxury for brentford of waiting till one became available for the part of the ground I'd prefer to be in.

fucking bizarre considering demand is is off the scale.

access to the ground on saturday in the corner was a fucking shambles, my android phone wouldn't read at all on the scanner... red or green. I was told to open the qr code part of the ticket instead and that worked, delay of a minute and saw several others having the same problem.

they had to open the exit gates slightly nearing kick off and were allowing people to squeeze through individually where they had another scanner set up on the wall. fucking farcical.

2 weeks now till a home game against psg and not a fucking peep from the club on sales for the game for members. will it be game by game ballot? will they try to enforce a 3 game package. what the fuck will the price of them be? do they give a single flying fuck about supporters and their travel/accommodation arrangements?

have these cunts got a fucking clue what they're doing?

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

sell all your tickets

you couldn't sell your tickets....

from where I was in the east side of the gallowgate on saturday I could see dozens of empty seats in the lower part of the east stand. there appeared to be pockets in the milburn too.

3 games in and I've not had a sniff at a ticket in the ballot and yet I've been able, along with 3 others to comfortably get tickets in resale for all the games, even affording the luxury for brentford of waiting till one became available for the part of the ground I'd prefer to be in.

fucking bizarre considering demand is is off the scale.

access to the ground on saturday in the corner was a fucking shambles, my android phone wouldn't read at all on the scanner... red or green. I was told to open the qr code part of the ticket instead and that worked, delay of a minute and saw several others having the same problem.

they had to open the exit gates slightly nearing kick off and were allowing people to squeeze through individually where they had another scanner set up on the wall. fucking farcical.

2 weeks now till a home game against psg and not a fucking peep from the club on sales for the game for members. will it be game by game ballot? will they try to enforce a 3 game package. what the fuck will the price of them be? do they give a single flying fuck about supporters and their travel/accommodation arrangements?

have these cunts got a fucking clue what they're doing?

It's a shambles. They've tried to run before they can walk when it comes to the digital ticket shit but the decisions on timing of sales, communication and points dropping hasn't been a technological fuck up but a human one. I'm pretty much cool with the idea I'm not going back now. Give it a couple of years and we'll be a hybrid of the Etihad, old Trafford, anfield etc. (I think we're getting there as it is).

• Like 2

How much fan consultation was there? And by that I mean with NUST and the like? Because if there was a lot, the self styled fan groups are even worse than I thought they were. It’s one thing not being able to influence a hostile regime under Ashley but quite another if they’re not able to provide sensible advice to owners willing to listen. Whatever the case I don’t know why the club didn’t use this season to get everything well set up for next year. Why the rush to implement something so quickly? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

How much fan consultation was there? And by that I mean with NUST and the like? Because if there was a lot, the self styled fan groups are even worse than I thought they were. It’s one thing not being able to influence a hostile regime under Ashley but quite another if they’re not able to provide sensible advice to owners willing to listen. Whatever the case I don’t know why the club didn’t use this season to get everything well set up for next year. Why the rush to implement something so quickly? 

are they?

I've seen precisely zero fucking evidence of that so far.

18 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

are they?

I've seen precisely zero fucking evidence of that so far.

Well potentially at least. When you look at other things they seem to have recognised the importance of the fanbase, atmosphere and so on. They’ve reached out to Wor Flags for example. I’ve no doubt they’ll want to maximise revenue especially in the long run due to FFP. But it seems unlikely this is anything other than incompetence. I appreciate the communication on the ticketing process has been crap though. But equally I don’t see that they want a situation where you’ve got high demand and seats empty. 
Not looking to make excuses for them, it’s a mess of their own making 

33 minutes ago, Alex said:

Well potentially at least. When you look at other things they seem to have recognised the importance of the fanbase, atmosphere and so on. They’ve reached out to Wor Flags for example. I’ve no doubt they’ll want to maximise revenue especially in the long run due to FFP. But it seems unlikely this is anything other than incompetence. I appreciate the communication on the ticketing process has been crap though. But equally I don’t see that they want a situation where you’ve got high demand and seats empty. 
Not looking to make excuses for them, it’s a mess of their own making 

n.u.s.t.  (and I think everyone on here is aware of my opinion of them) have 2 ticketing surveys, one after the cup final which had a couple of thousand responses. (incidently, I would suggest this number is a truer reflection of their membership involvement than the 13,000 members they claim) to my knowledge the club issued no response to this survey 

n.u.s.t. did another survey in august, opening this one up to non members and doubled the response to it getting over 5,000 people involved, the results....

https://nufctrust.co.uk/news/home-ticketing-survey-the-results-are-in/

two weeks not a fucking peep from the club and I dont think n.u.s.t.'s survey scratches the surface.

why the fuck are they excluding members who have more 'loyalty' points on their accounts than some season rickets holders altogether from away game sales?

why the fuck when away game sales are reaching zero points aren't members allowed to enter a ballot?

why the fuck are they maliciously making tickets invalid?

I don't believe this is all down to incompetence, they have a strategy and they believe they're answerable to no fucker.

Edited by thebrokendoll

2 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

PSG ballot Friday. 

I don't see nowt on the official site?

course, you can always jump the gun and get them from here...

https://www.livefootballtickets.com/fixtures/newcastle-united-v-paris-saint-germain-tickets-champions-league.html

nearly 300 already available from the princely sum of £240 up to a bargain £1800 for a one in east stand!

some of those on offer for the return game in paris look a bit more reasonably priced though...

https://www.seatsnet.com/en/sports-tickets/football-tickets/paris-saint-germain-vs-newcastle-united/?gclid=CjwKCAjwsKqoBhBPEiwALrrqiGggbh2L7p03_HxehBTanZjWDPcAqSYi9tuBeZGxfUhepJFHPpRhlBoCzXAQAvD_BwE