Longstaff Brothers Dim

wykikitoon

47 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Although I’d imagine he’ll be back on his shit list after playing next 3 games as a DM. 😀

His workrate and passing has been miles better this season.  It's his final third contribution that's been poor.  But he's clearly working on it.

Whilst the second in particular was a great team goal the first was a good finish but one where the keeper might think he should’ve done better. But even if he had it would’ve been difficult not to save it into a dangerous area. I don’t mean that as a criticism of Longstaff in any way, rather to highlight the importance of working the keeper and forcing a save when you get into those positions. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

:nufc:

Fn16-EHVXk-AE6k-Un.jpg

That’s a mint photo. 
As a local lad, he must be absolutely ecstatic to have scored the goals , at SJP, that put us in a final. 

Comes from a lovely family, too. :lol:

• Haha 4

• 8 months later...
On 01/02/2023 at 03:09, Monkeys Fist said:

That’s a mint photo. 
As a local lad, he must be absolutely ecstatic to have scored the goals , at SJP, that put us in a final. 

Comes from a lovely family, too. :lol:

:nufc:

newcastle-united-fc-v-paris-saint-germai

• Like 3

:wub:

"It's some night. We knew as a group it was going to be special. For me and Burny to score is unreal. There's a few here who probably thought three years ago we were out the door. I'm so proud to be from Newcastle, I'm over the moon."

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

What the fuck has happened to this lad?

Last night he was back to his Bruce best.  He was fucking appalling and looked like he lacked any interest.  That 'attempt' at the end I can sort of blame on fatigue.  He should have been on his toes and ready for it but it was late in the game.

Is it a lack of competition in midfield?  Will his attitude now change Willock is back?  

He was abysmal last night but they were all shite. Every single one of them bar Dubravka (and Gordon & Miggy in flashes).

I wouldn’t pick him out as going back to Bruce form because you could label everyone bar Schar/Big Joe who has dropped down back to their natural level.

The reality is they aren’t great (you were berating my boy Gareth for not picking him for England around November) and they aren’t completely shit. Just mediocre PL players that will play well in a system. 

At least he gives 100% which is all we can ask until him and the others are upgraded. 

• Like 3

Probably rushed back from his injury and has played almost all of evey game since.

Pressure must be crazy, he's constantly in a midfield that's is constantly being overrun with no-one to give him a break. Nobody will be more aware than him that he's not playing to his potential so his confidence must be shot

The players are only human, ot amazes me that people think they don't care or aren't trying, the dedication needed to get to the top is unreal

Confidence and momentum is a fragile thing  just hope it turns soon

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He was abysmal last night but they were all shite. Every single one of them bar Dubravka (and Gordon & Miggy in flashes).

I wouldn’t pick him out as going back to Bruce form because you could label everyone bar Schar/Big Joe who has dropped down back to their natural level.

The reality is they aren’t great (you were berating my boy Gareth for not picking him for England around November) and they aren’t completely shit. Just mediocre PL players that will play well in a system. 

At least he gives 100% which is all we can ask until him and the others are upgraded. 

I would argue against that, he jogs around a lot and appears to be on it but he plays a lot of half arsed football.

I was going to say if that's his 100% fuck me we need rid ASAP.

Earlier this season IMO he was solid for us.  I think spongebob is right.  He's been rushed back and is just on fumes in energy and confidence.  But apparently we aren't allowed to blame fatigue.

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I was going to say if that's his 100% fuck me we need rid ASAP.

Earlier this season IMO he was solid for us.  I think spongebob is right.  He's been rushed back and is just on fumes in energy and confidence.  But apparently we aren't allowed to blame fatigue.

Fatigue is still a problem for me. We still struggle to play 3 games in a week. Perhaps Eddie has tried to tweak it as the players were run into the ground.

The famous press from last season is non-existent/very poor now.

I don’t think he is a player that woudlnt give 100%. He knows he is privileged to be in this position.  He most likely doesn’t have the fuel in the tank like he did last season.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 3

I agree fatigue is a big problem still.

We played late Saturday.  Then Sunday will be travelling back.  Monday it will have been massages, sorting out knocks and bumps and then probably discussing last nights game and tactics.  So probably no on field stuff.

Some of these players have been rushed back as we have fuck all option.  They're lacking top end endurance as they've probably been playing at 50% to make sure they don't break down.  They will no doubt be having massages, stretching more physio during the week rather than time on the pitch.

• Like 2

He's a game but limited player. When we have control of midfield he can be a real bonus, but without Joelinton and Bruno beside him, he looks a little lost.

• Like 2