Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Oh aye. I'm surprised we gave both him and Karius new contracts tbh. I assumed that meant Dubravka would be off 

Saw that he completed his UEFA A coaching course the other day so I imagine he’ll be training the academy keepers in due course 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

all leads to the question….did we sign the right Manquillo

Every night I've been hugging my pillow

dreaming dreams of Amarillo

and sweet Marie who waits for me

18 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

The first time I went into a Wetherspoon I almost left angry and without eating.  

If they stay to explain that, it seems to me that they are exploited inscriptions.

My sweet summer child, that is how everybody leaves a Wetherspoons, even on their 100th visit. 

Don't know what you were trying to say with "exploited inscriptions", and there's no judgement because it's not your first language, however I do intend to use that phrase in the future whenever the mood takes me.

Edited by The Fish
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

My sweet summer child, that is how everybody leaves a Wetherspoons, even on their 100th visit. 

Don't know what you were trying to say with "exploited inscriptions", and there's no judgement because it's not your first language, however I do intend to use that phrase in the future whenever the mood takes me.

I was about to leave the bar because no one was coming to take my food order. Then I found out that everything was done through the app.

I meant that they are well-managed inscriptions and that they have been put to good use.

3 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I was about to leave the bar because no one was coming to take my food order. Then I found out that everything was done through the app.

I meant that they are well-managed inscriptions and that they have been put to good use.

That's a very British thing. Even now, in a lot of pubs you look at the number written on a wooden spoon in sharpie, then go to order your food at the bar realising you've immediately forgotten the number. 

30 minutes ago, The Fish said:

That's a very British thing. Even now, in a lot of pubs you look at the number written on a wooden spoon in sharpie, then go to order your food at the bar realising you've immediately forgotten the number. 

It seems to me a very good advance, although I think they should give options for older people who do not know how to use their mobile phones or people who do not accept paying online. (I don't know if there are. They didn't give them to me).

It was the first time I had entered a restaurant that worked like this. In Spain they did not exist (now I suppose there will be one). It was 4 years ago.

After looking at the menu of dishes with my cousin for a while, he discovered the Wetherspoon logo at the bottom of the menu and out of curiosity, he Googled the name of the Wetherspoon app.

If he didn't get to do that, he was still sitting there waiting for my burger.

PS I was surprised that once we placed the order, the food arrived in less than 2 minutes.

PS2: I'm remembering that I paid and my cousin still owes me half hahaha.

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm sure you were less surprised after your first bite?

Do Wetherspoons still do 'Curry Club' on Thursdays?

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Isn't it an initial loan deal though? So he's actually right that we can't pay the cash atm?

All I've heard is that it's a permanent deal.

• Like 1

If it turns out to be a loan with an obligation he'll be insufferable, after all the stick I'm sure he's currently getting. But as people have been saying multiple sources have quoted a transfer fee and haven't mentioned loan to buy being part of it. There was all that talk of us having to be clever given a lack of funds though. Maybe that was just Ashworth and Howe pleading poverty as a negotiating tactic. 

Edited by Polarboy

Yes but Chicken too shite could say, look, I told you they couldn't afford 30m which is why they had to do a loan to buy deal. In any case Edwards has already been ridiculously off the mark on our overall budget, and obviously he was the one who said Barella was pretty much done and dusted. 

2 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Doesn't look like we have offers for any of Hayden, Fraser, Manquillo or Hendrick. Not long left to go in the window now. You would think if any championship clubs were interested they've had bid by now. 

a lot of those deals will be done on deadline day with championship clubs 

• Like 1

Chicken Nonce is going on the lash tonight if this is accurate 😂 Anyway who gives a fuck as long as Hall is on his way and will officially become our player eventually. And what a fucking deal to pull off, as I said the other day when speculating that we might do a loan to buy. Ashworth and co have obviously managed to take advantage of Chelsea's desperation to keep their books from disintegrating under the weight of their spending. 

Edited by Polarboy

Even Edwards has his uses. His constant shite about the transfer budget and our inability to spend will have played a small role in managing expectations of other clubs as to what we can pay. 

Most journos/fans did their own calculations and correctly estimated we could easily spend 150M plus with a sale or two. The lazy useless incompetent bellend that Edwards is immediately lapped up anything fed to him, and that will remain true whether we get Hall or not.  

Anyone else feel like giving Ashworth a hug. 

"As for Dan Ashworth, it’s thought our sporting director has also played a key role and benefitted from his pre-existing relationship with Paul Winstanley; Chelsea’s head of global talent and transfers. The pair worked together at Brighton – where Winstanley worked as their head of recruitment – and it’s believed both have played central roles during negotiations over the past week. Not only that, Ashworth is well aware of Hall’s capabilities and, like Howe, is a huge admirer of the England youth international, whose represented the Young Lions at U15, U16, U18 and U19 level."

Edited by Polarboy
  • Haha 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season