Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

9 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Tbf, his injury record so far is a niggling injury last season he tried to play through and made worse and a broken back which can't really be accounted for.

He was looking a lot fitter, stronger and composed in the minutes he got before his injury this season and was starting to look like he could cut it at this level so I agree it's a bit early to write him off. If Longstaff is still struggling with an injury, with Tonali and Joelinton out for the remainder of the season and with Bruno having a two match suspension hanging over him you'd think there's going to be plenty of game time between now and the end of the season for him to get a chance.

Yeah. I noticed he looked stronger in the games and is pretty ripped when he takes his top off. 

he can play multiple positions as well so I’d definitely keep him in the squad and give him a chance to prove himself.

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I think Hope is making the Hall info up as that isn't a quote.

Nah he's said he's "nailed on" to be here next season and that he needs patience, which is a rare commodity these days.

In other words, shut your fucking shite Toontastic. I'm really sorry the kid isn't an immediate first team starter in his first season at the club, at the age of 19.

That's my translation anyway.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Anderson isn't quick or fit enough to play on the wing and especially not in an Eddie Howe team.

He'd be far more suited to playing in an European league, Italy or France, in his natural AM position.

Or in the Championship, but not good enough for Northern Barcelona of course.

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nah he's said he's "nailed on" to be here next season and that he needs patience, which is a rare commodity these days.

In other words, shut your fucking shite Toontastic. I'm really sorry the kid isn't an immediate first team starter in his first season at the club, at the age of 19.

That's my translation anyway.

We do love to develop theories that become lore through repetition. Plus it's next to impossible to get a read on Howe, he prides himself on giving nothing away including making any comment on Burn being made to suffer through team after team targeting him with great success. The only time he will make a comment is to correct an incorrect assertion regarding his tactics (e.g. when he was accused of switching our wingers constantly). If the media were tuned in enough they'd start asking questions that would evoke a response.

Screenshot_20240308_223948_YouTube.jpg.4c7e995b0a8eee8cfff8a3246590e73b.jpg

"Eddie, your decision to play Bruno in a deeper laying tree core twister role is paying dividends, but do you see him moving into a number 8 role with the return to fitness of other midfield players?"

• Haha 6

I watched the full interview on YouTube and what Howe said was, he was currently planning on Hall being here long term, he believed in him as a footballer but he has things to work on. Sees him as a left back long term. But he hasn’t at the moment hit the requirement for the transfer to be confirmed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OTF said:

Miley will prove to be much much better than Anderson (and is already a much more rounded player).  I'd love Anderson to be good but whenever he's had a chance on the field he's consistently almost been good, as in he'll do two good things and then one bad (poor pass, or bad shot), the only exception I recall has been a preseason game this season. There's no way we'd get anywhere near £25m that's laughable. I wouldn't say he's versatile at all as we've not seen anything from him in terms of defensive ability.

He's 21. Hall is 19, Miley is 17. Miley and Hall both have done a lot more in first team games than Anderson.

Has Hall?

20 hours ago, sammynb said:

Anderson isn't quick or fit enough to play on the wing and especially not in an Eddie Howe team.

He'd be far more suited to playing in an European league, Italy or France, in his natural AM position.

is he slower than Barnes? Genuine question. I would usually agree that the best wingers have pace to burn but Barnes clearly doesn’t so perhaps Howe doesn’t demand it from players as long as they are they type that he can mould to play in his system. 

40 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Has Hall?

Yes, for Chelsea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

is he slower than Barnes? Genuine question. I would usually agree that the best wingers have pace to burn but Barnes clearly doesn’t so perhaps Howe doesn’t demand it from players as long as they are they type that he can mould to play in his system. 

I was under the impression Barnes has a lot of pace but he's currently returning from an achilies injury and no doubt, will be tentative to push it.

6 minutes ago, sammynb said:

I was under the impression Barnes has a lot of pace but he's currently returning from an achilies injury and no doubt, will be tentative to push it.

he hasn't looked rapid to me. seems to like to play the give and go rather than beat his man with pace. totally different to gordon in that sense. though he is probably the best finisher of the wide players

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he hasn't looked rapid to me. seems to like to play the give and go rather than beat his man with pace. totally different to gordon in that sense. though he is probably the best finisher of the wide players

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-fastest-players-season-29593784 - 30 Mar 2023

Leading the way among midfielders is Mykhaylo Mudryk, who only arrived in the Premier League in January, with a speed of 36.63kmh. Wolves star Matheus Nunes is second at 36.62, while Denis Zakari is the second Chelsea player in the top three with a speed of 36.09kmh.

Brentford star Bryan Mbeumo sits fourth with a speed of 35.47, with Wolves' Chem Campbell next at 35.45kmh. Leicester winger Harvey Barnes is just behind in sixth after clocking a speed of 35.44kmh.

A few links with Pedro Neto last couple of days, and he's just hobbled off injured yet again today. Good player but his fitness record has got to be worse than Wilson's. 

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Turns out we were all wrong about Kalvin Phillips and he's absolutely pony

I bet he wished he stayed at Man City. He’ll SURELY not be going to the Euros now. SURELY.

15 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I bet he wished he stayed at Man City. He’ll SURELY not be going to the Euros now. SURELY.

Well thats him going then 😉

• Haha 1