Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Tough crowd on here ffs. :lol:

We've spent £260m or something in three windows. A player has left unexpectedly at the end of the window, reportedly for £10m when he's nearly out of contract, and it frees up £70k per week. You can't say no to that. 

If no one comes in, it won't be for lack of effort, I'm sure. 

Plus it's fucking Jonjo Shelvey, we should have been shot of the cunt years ago. Rewriting history like the Trumpists you know you all are.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I’m not against letting Shelvey go in the slightest. But we’ve got such a massive opportunity this season. Would be a shame if we came unstuck due to injuries in midfield because we didn’t replace him 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

I’m not against letting Shelvey go in the slightest. But we’ve got such a massive opportunity this season. Would be a shame if we came unstuck due to injuries in midfield because we didn’t replace him 

Trust the team and stop pissing your sheets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Plus it's fucking Jonjo Shelvey, we should have been shot of the cunt years ago. Rewriting history like the Trumpists you know you all are.

The Shelvey love in on Twitter has been doing my head in. You'd think he was Rob Lee ffs. 

We have Willock who can slot in at CM. Anderson a gamble if things really get to shite. It's not a great situation and would have been ideal to get a replacement for Shelvey but this is where our squad is. If either of Schar or Botman are injured we are screwed. If Tripper is, we are screwed. There's weaknesses that will take a few windows to resolve. The club has been clear in their approach that they will go only for the right man. 

Bit of patience and perspective needed. 

• Like 8

Letting Shelvey go is a no brained in the circumstances even if you can’t get a replacement. You’d be fucked as far as CL qualification goes anyway if he needed to play many games 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Letting Shelvey go is a no brained in the circumstances even if you can’t get a replacement. You’d be fucked as far as CL qualification goes anyway if he needed to play many games 

He was class last season. Could definitely have filled in this season if needed. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

He was class last season. Could definitely have filled in this season if needed. 

Define class though? Class for him, class for a Mike Ashley built team or class sitting on the bench until he leaves for free in the summer? 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, strawb said:

Define class though? Class for him, class for a Mike Ashley built team or class sitting on the bench until he leaves for free in the summer? 

Well, his form was so good he kept Bruno out of the side for a couple of months. Then he retained his starting place after Bruno finally broke through and he continued to start as our “number six” as the run that kept us up continued 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

I like him and I really enjoyed seeing him buy in and play well for Howe, probably mainly for what it said about the manager tbh. 

I hope he doesn't leave and go back to being a lazy fucker, would be nice to see him end his career on a relative high. 

• Like 2

With this three match suspension for Bruno you'd hope the club would bite the bullet and get a player in even if they have to overpay to do it, but with FFP and how little time is left perhaps it's not possible. 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m probably Guilty of Being a sentimental middle aged, Nike air max 97 wearing mid life crisis wanker but I choked up a bit seeing JonJo in the team photo

His last chance to be associated with success.

Bruno’s smile look quite forced while dressed in his kimono.

Bruno not looking as cheeful as usual (and rightfully so) and Isak being propped up by some support staff.

I was gpong to say no Fraser, but it's entirely possible he's in there.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

With this three match suspension for Bruno you'd hope the club would bite the bullet and get a player in even if they have to overpay to do it, but with FFP and how little time is left perhaps it's not possible. 

14 minutes, mate. That might be pushing it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ewerk said:

His last chance to be associated with success.

Bruno’s smile look quite forced while dressed in his kimono.

Wears his heart on his sleeve doesn’t he. You can see how gutted he was to go off. He want to play every game 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season