Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

I don't think they're trying to rescue this season now. This is all mean to give Potter something to build for next season. 

Aresenal just seem to have a good relationship with other top clubs. Probably because they haven't been a real threat for a while. 

Seems like Hope is strongly implying that if Fernandez signs for Chelsea then the possibility of Gallagher signing for us is decent. That was the common logic before Hope tweeted this, but it's reassuring to see him chime in as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He is more of a goal threat than either. And he seems to have the tenacity and stamina for the role. 

hang though, is he 6 foot ?

Exactly 6 foot apparently so just makes the cut :D 

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He is more of a goal threat than either. And he seems to have the tenacity and stamina for the role. 

hang though, is he 6 foot ?

He was fuckin anonymous @ SJP in November. Longy looked like Zidane in comparison :cuppa: 

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Gallagher is a good option. Adds depth. Does he start though? Would be harsh on willock and Longstaff 

For me he definitely starts over either Willock or Longstaff. He's got the engine, graft, ability to defend, ability to carrying the ball, and he can hit a barn door unlike Willock and Longstaff at the minute. Hopefully we aren't getting ahead or ourselves given it seems like a transfer that could fall apart quite easily. Having said that I'm sure Howe would introduce him carefully so as to not rock the boat, again should we manage to push it through. 

Edited by Polarboy

5 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

For me he definitely starts over either Willock or Longstaff. He's got the engine, graft, ability to defend, ability to carrying the ball, and he can hit a barn door unlike Willock and Longstaff at the minute. Hopefully we aren't getting ahead or ourselves given it seems like a transfer that could fall apart quite easily. 

He has scored three more career goals than willock  

I don’t think he carries the ball more or works harder than willock either.

i do think he’s a good squad addition and an upgrade on Shelvey, though he plays in a different position, but I’m not sure he walks into the side in the way that Jorginho would as he would free Bruno up to play further forwards.

Gallagher is a ball carrier like Joelinton and Willock. I’m not sure he’s better than either of them tbh. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t think he carries the ball more or works harder than willock either.

i do think he’s a good squad addition and an upgrade on Shelvey, though he plays in a different position, but I’m not sure he walks into the side in the way that Jorginho would as he would free Bruno up to play further forwards.

Gallagher is a ball carrier like Joelinton and Willock. I’m not sure he’s better than either of them tbh. 

Gallagher played in a defensive mid role at Crystal Palace on a number of occasions. His versatility alone makes him a better option than Willock, who apart from one very hot streak when he first joined has been a lot less impressive since then. Gallagher got eight goals and six assists that season for Palace and as mentioned Vieira chopped and changed his position quite frequently. If we sign him he'll be more than merely a good squad option. 

Bournemouth are going for it. If they manage to sign this attacking mid Traore,  it will take their spending to close to 60m for January. On the plus side for everyone else if these lads are decent there could be a fire sale come the end of the season. 

Edited by Polarboy

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Absolute scumbags. The wanker having a go at Gordon for not getting out of his car is an absolute melt, I’m sure you’d have got right out your car as a 21 year old kid at night to a crowd of blokes with their faces covered hurling abuse at you. It’s pathetic man, it’s a fucking game of football you scummy twat. No wonder Gordon couldn’t get out quick enough, it’ll make it hard to attract players going forward as well as anyone that’s seen that would think twice about going. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Gallagher played in a defensive mid role at Crystal Palace on a number of occasions. His versatility alone makes him a better option than Willock, who apart from one very hot streak when he first joined has been a lot less impressive since then. Gallagher got eight goals and six assists that season for Palace and as mentioned Vieira chopped and changed his position quite frequently. If we sign him he'll be more than merely a good squad option. 

I didn’t know that. Thought he was a “number 8” rather than a “number 6”, as the football hipsters say

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I didn’t know that. Thought he was a “number 8” rather than a “number 6”, as the football hipsters say

Yeah I remember people who play fantasy football getting annoyed because Gallagher was cheap and on a scoring streak, but Vieira would randomly play him in a much deeper role. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season