Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Barca are apparently signing Ruben Neves for an absolute bargain, 26 million.

Should put paid to any rumours of them being in the market for Bruno, now it'll just be Real Madrid, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and any other fucker who need a midfielder who will be linked until he signs this new deal.

• Like 1

Does that make Casey an IDK nonce? I like how the window hasn’t even opened and he’s losing the plot already 

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

We are FULL UP on headless chooks, hopefully nothing comes off this.

sunday 28th may,

glorious sunshine,

west end of fancy london town,

3000 partying geordies,

gordon opens his account with an absolute belter.

no one there will forget it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

im not a fucking dude Season 11 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

You're certainly not the Fish.

Look, in his role at Man Utd, it's reasonable to think of McTominay as the thumb in the dyke. With Rashford, Martial, Anthony, Sabitzer, Eriksen even Casemiro, as more forward thinking players they need someone who can operate as an out and out disruptor. And when you present a more complete view of his performance this season it paints a rosier picture than you provided;

image.png.4fdc30055da87ba9218032b72a13171b.png

image.png.7006e3e025186667f8a86a27a283dcec.png

Man Utd are not a hard pressing team, they're 9th in the league for passes allowed per defensive action and yet ST is still in the 85th percentile for tackles in the final 3rd.

I'll be clear here, I don't like McTominay, but I trust that if Howe and Ashworth like him enough to pay the expected huge sum for him, they must see something I don't, empirically or anecdotally.

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Eddie Howe's Scott McTominay >>>>> Erik Ten Hag's Scott McTominay

True as I reckon that would be, I really don't want either McTominay. Especially for the money being touted, it would be a fucking stupid deal to make.

He's so fucking ordinary, hasn't got the pedigree of Trippier, or the class or potential of Botman//Bruno (as well as being older than both).

Big ol' no thanks on that one. We'd be better off raiding the relegated teams for squad players frankly, cause thats all he is capable of being even compared to who we have now, he isn't better than Longstaff.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

im not a fucking dude Season 11 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

After some consideration, it’s been decided you can stay. But you must (and I can’t stress this enough) familiarise yourself with the beginning and end of British Summer Time 

• Haha 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season