Eddie's Graft to the whistle mags v Pep's, we've won lads, lets chill last two mins BOTTLING FUCKS!

wykikitoon

There's no way Longstaff is going to be offered £60K a week, man. The bonus to him will be sticking with us on this journey, not his pay packet :lol:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dougle said:

According to one site I'm looking at he's on less than 1k per week.

Like shite is he on £52k a year man.  :lol: 

If I had to stick a number on it, I'd say around £20-25k a week. This new contract won't see a significant uplift, maybe £25-30k.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Howay said:

I think I’ve been one of the ones calling for a massive turnaround in terms of playing staff in the summer (not sure if you were meaning me or not Rayvin but I’d say I’m in that group - although not anything about Howe or relegation worry!) 

I personally think that result underlined the need for a large overhaul. Going from some posts on here and twitter I might be in the minority, but I thought that was a complete fucking embarrassment and I’m sick of us receiving humblings like that. I could see it pissed Howe, and certain players off as well - it’s not acceptable the 5th especially was pure just giving up and accepting being shown up imo. For too long we’ve carried players who have just accepted this type of hiding, and had managers who made excuses and also accepted it, we really need fucking rid of it.

That’s the overhaul I think we need, maybe it won’t all be big name players for large fees like Bruno, but we need a massive change in character. That’s why the Longstaff contract talks fucking annoy me, I’m hoping it is just to get money for him when we shift him because I don’t know what he brings to the side and his attitude fucking reeks. It’s constantly said about how he’s a local lad, but I watched that game yesterday and from kick off he looked defeated tbh, he wasn’t putting in a massive shift or trying to lift his game just a meek acceptance that we’d be beaten. Massive clear out of these types needed imo, get rid of Lascelles asap and bring in Tarkowski, those type of moves will be vital - not just in terms of quality of squad but in attitude. The acceptance of hidings just lingers on from Pardew and Bruce tbh. Shelvey would have been the same too, type of player that only plays well if the whole team plays well. 

We can’t say we want high standards and players like Bruno/Trippier, and accept absolute twattings like that and give contracts to quitters like Longstaff. For me it just doesn’t mesh, evolve the squad by all means but we need to remove these bone idle elements as soon as we can. I could visibly see how pissed off Bruno was all game at what was happening. 

Aye, it's as much about getting the right personalities for the average midtable Premier League player, as it is bringing in someone like Bruno. We need Trippier-types, not Shelvey-type. The Lascelles of 2015/16, not the beaten man he is now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If I had to stick a number on it, I'd say around £20-25k a week. This new contract won't see a significant uplift, maybe £25-30k.

Obviously have nay idea how reliable the site is but I’ve seen it quoted for other players.

https://www.capology.com/club/newcastle/salaries/

So if there is any truth in that figure, I suspect on any new contract he may get 10 or 15k per week therefore meaning when he does get shipped at some point, probably sooner rather than later, he has a reasonable current wage to negotiate from with any new club.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

It wouldn't at all surprise me if it is that low to be honest. Of course none us will ever know as individual salary breakdowns are never disclosed but Dummett aside, he's the only one who has risen up through our academy and is probably still on his original pro contract. 

1 hour ago, Dougle said:

Obviously have nay idea how reliable the site is but I’ve seen it quoted for other players.

https://www.capology.com/club/newcastle/salaries/

There's no way he's on £52k a year. A load of sites are saying £20-£30k and FM22 has it around the same. 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Longstaffs last contract was £22k a week, I know a lad that’s family friends with the longstaffs. That’s how I also can deliver top class insider knowledge such as his lass drives a clapped out Corsa because Sean won’t buy her a new car, and his dad was Bruce’s infamous nark. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

There's no way he's on £52k a year. A load of sites are saying £20-£30k and FM22 has it around the same. 

Which ones? And what makes them more reliable?

9 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Which ones? And what makes them more reliable?

Salarysport, footballleaguefc. Howay

More reliable? dunno, but they're certainly more believable.

Edited by The Fish

13 minutes ago, Dougle said:

As a side thought, should player wages be required to be public knowledge?

If we had the golden vote, yes. Otherwise, I don't think it adds much benefit to the fans. 

Does knowing that Joelinton is on £60k a week or whatever, mean you rate him higher or lower? And if does change how you feel about him, should it? He's getting what the club reckoned he was worth so

no idea idk GIF by Hey Duggee

19 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If we had the golden vote, yes. Otherwise, I don't think it adds much benefit to the fans. 

Does knowing that Joelinton is on £60k a week or whatever, mean you rate him higher or lower? And if does change how you feel about him, should it? He's getting what the club reckoned he was worth so

no idea idk GIF by Hey Duggee

Well a few of us have wasted time mulling over Mr Longstaff’s pay packet so it would save that speculative bollocks if nowt else.

And in seriousness maybe all such highly paid figures in any walk of life should have some sort of openness on how much they earn, ultimately at the cost of people like us who invest in them. Just a thought.

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Only if you show us yours

If you contributed to me earnings, aye, I'd consider it. Especially if I was on more money a week/month than most folk get paid in a year, or 10.

7 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m on £500 a week just for weeding some scabby gardens in Whitley Bay. 
550380760e5394c84dd52ebecb1c773b.gif

:lol:

Is that what they call it these days?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dougle said:

If you contributed to me earnings, aye, I'd consider it. Especially if I was on more money a week/month than most folk get paid in a year, or 10.

So everyone's salary should be visible?  I mean Sandra I buy my morning coffee to at a shop I should be able to ask her what she's on just because I shop there?

Just now, wykikitoon said:

So everyone's salary should be visible?  I mean Sandra I buy my morning coffee to at a shop I should be able to ask her what she's on just because I shop there?

Erm does the second sentance not count like?