Sven Botman

wykikitoon

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Imo he's never been right since he's come back. 

Serious questions need asking to the medical staff. 

the medical staff in question has been given the bullet. Apparently it’s the same knee but different injury. 

Eyes Reaction GIF by Big Brother 2022

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

What the actual fuck man. If they had operated on him in the first place he would nearly be fit again by now 

It’s a different injury apparently. Didn’t the lad that got the bullet said he needed the op anyway? BRING HIM BACK !!

• Haha 1

It certainly suggests he should have had the operation earlier in the season.  Oh well at least this means he's one of our star players that won't be sold this summer!  This makes me think even more now that Bruno will have to be sold so that we can spend some money on the squad (real money I mean).

4 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

It certainly suggests he should have had the operation earlier in the season.  Oh well at least this means he's one of our star players that won't be sold this summer!  This makes me think even more now that Bruno will have to be sold so that we can spend some money on the squad (real money I mean).

if Man City trigger it he’ll be gone. Possibly PSG, but then would he want to go back to France? Maybe. Madrid have too many CMs and I doubt Barca could afford him.

you couldn’t really begrudge him a move to them. I just hope Liverpool or even Man Utd aren’t his destination….

Edited by Holden McGroin

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

if Man City trigger it he’ll be gone. Possibly PSG, but then would he want to go back to France? Maybe. Madrid have too many CMs and I doubt Barca could afford him.

you couldn’t really begrudge him a move to them. I just hope Liverpool or even Man Utd aren’t his destination….

Can't see us letting Ashworth take him to Manure.  I'd hate to see him go to Liverpool but lets be honest, they're way ahead of us at the moment.  What I wouldn't want is to see him go to someone that he helps move miles clear of us.  PSG would be the preference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Kelly said:

Can't see us letting Ashworth take him to Manure.  I'd hate to see him go to Liverpool but let’s be honest, they're way ahead of us at the moment.  What I wouldn't want is to see him go to someone that he helps move miles clear of us.  PSG would be the preference.

Sadly we couldn’t stop him moving to Man U if they offered the £100m.

When they same its the same problem but a 'fresh' version it only sounds like it was badly mismanaged. The whole injury situation is beyond a joke now. Serious introspection needed even if in the end it's really just bad luck.

Get the bloody training ground and other sponsors in now ffs because that's 2 CBs we need in addition to everything else.  

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Howe needs to tell the fuckin truth about this when he speaks to the press before the West Ham game the sly fork toungued spunk heeded cunt :cuppa:

image.gif.54765ec09a4479b1cbff247db7b956ff.gif

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Botman must be bloody annoyed with how the medical staff handled the injury from the start 

It's a tough one as there is a push for not performing surgery for ACL 'injuries'. Sometimes there are differing opinions on MRIs as to whether there is a full rupture or not, and if not whether it can recover on its own. The ACL is not in an area of the knee that gets good blood flow as it's internal compared to say the MCL which is on the outer of the knee and gets greater flow and is easier to see the condition in scans. From what I've read there were conflicting opinions with his original injury as to whether surgery was required. If it was a full rupture then surgery is definitely required as you need your ACL to play any level of sport let alone professionally. The ACL (in the middle of the knee) and the PCL (at the back) are the cruciate ligaments that form a cross to prevent the knee from being able to twist the wrong way (hence the name cruciate). After choosing the non-surgical option they must have done further MRIs that showed that the ligament was connected and presumably had increased in size/condition. Subsequent to returning he's injured it again, this time regardless of whether it's a complete rupture or not they'll have to go with surgery. Thing is there are many options for the surgery itself, each with pros and cons. Generally the best option for long term outcome is a graft using either hamstring or patella with a very slight reduction in recurrence percentage when using patella. Other options can be to use a donor (cadaver), but there is a higher chance or recurrence, though the benefit is there's no need for rehabilitation of the hamstring/patella. In my case I used my own hamstring, and subsequently suffered multiple hamstring injuries during my recovery from doing relatively mundane tasks. Hamstring seems to be mostly ok now which has helped to get the knee recovery back on track. There's also loads of different conjecture around the best angles for the graft to be attached, it's complicated stuff and having gone through some of it you can understand how his situation has played out like it did. Hindsight is always 20/20 but of course now we know they should have opted for surgery originally. He'd have missed the rest of this season as a minimum but given how he's not been himself simce returning that wouldn't have been such an issue anyway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

On the positive side, he'll be like a new signing when or if he does come back.... 

The risks of recurrance with hamstring or patella grafts are between 2 and 3% which is pretty high considering our shitty luck with injuries. Krafth had ACL surgery and his i jury was quite bad. We've not see him play a lot since, but when he did he seemed fine.

Livramento also tore his ACL and missed more than a year from it. Like me he had complications with his hamstring afterwards so it's likely that was used for his graft:

Newcastle United new boy Tino Livramento has sought to calm the nerves over his recent knee injury that kept him sidelined for over a year. The right-back, 20, enjoyed a tremendous debut season at Southampton before suffering an anterior cruciate ligament injury in April 2022.

Livramento was stretchered off the pitch while taking in oxygen after the injury, before initially planning his return for early 2023. A hamstring setback in the winter cost him another four months on the sidelines before an eventual return to the under-21 side after 355 days and a return to the senior side after just shy of 400 days.

• Like 1

Can you please stop freaking me out with the level of detail and precision with which you're prophesizing doom? Thanks.

I'd prefer to get an idiot's opinion on this one.

And for anyone else in the same boat as me, let me say, I'm sure he'll be fine.

• Haha 5