2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

It's a shocking indictment of the algorithm. It's keeping unique voices out of the spotlight. 

I blame Musk

I do go live under a rock sometimes but never heard of this, link?

3 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

I do go live under a rock sometimes but never heard of this, link?

heard of what sorry, the podcast I do?

It's the Newcastle Natter 

No, none of the people on it chose the name. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

“Not being good enough” :lol: aye they sound well worth listening to a week before the champions league draw 😒

I take it all this content is earning these characters a wage?l whether it’s twitter or the podcast? That’s the bottom line, Dave skirted round the issue but if you need to boost numbers to keep the cash rolling in then why not have a dig at our best squad in 20 years? 🤮

Screenshot_20230823_154738_Patreon.thumb.jpg.6e68683e6e1da98bd55b54c6991d7027.jpg

987 patrons on Patreon. Their lowest membership tier is £2.50. The highest is £6.67.

So the paid podcasts are bringing in somewhere between £2.5k and £7k a month.

Fair to say that Newcastle getting taken over has been a canny big deal for them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20230823_154738_Patreon.thumb.jpg.6e68683e6e1da98bd55b54c6991d7027.jpg

987 patrons on Patreon. Their lowest membership tier is £2.50. The highest is £6.67.

Fair to say that Newcastle getting taken over has been a canny big deal for them.

I bet Hodor there takes the lion's share of that.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

Aye, when they've deserved it, but certainly not 2 games into a season after we'd qualified for the Champions League. I'd be amazed if a player heard about it, it's not like we have 135k listeners either. 

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, no? Fans of every club have a hissy fit when their team loses. The players should know better than to bite and cause a pile on

Edited by Kid Dynamite

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Imagine fucking paying for that shite? :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The amount of football experts these days on Twitter btw. All you have to do is post a screenshot and use a couple of buzzwords. "Notice Sancho's movement there, elite!" Yeah, shocking how premier league footballers know about making the right runs.

Don't blame people for having a try, and every now and then there's a decent account with an interesting take. But interacting with it allows Musk's bloodsucking algorithms to bombard you with a ton of shite from Tom, Dick and Harry. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Imagine fucking paying for that shite? :lol: 

Aye, I'd imagine it's mostly people overseas or expat geordies desperate for some football patter.

They put out between 20 and 30 a month ffs. Who's got the time?!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, I'd imagine it's mostly people overseas or expat geordies desperate for some football patter.

They put out between 20 and 30 a month ffs. Who's got the time?!

Unemployed people who make podcasts 

This may come across incorrectly, but I’m not arsed.

Other peoples opinions about football can get fucked, without exception. Nobody with a brain is arsed, they come up with their own opinions and hopefully keep those cunts to themselves as well.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, strawb said:

Other peoples opinions about football can get fucked, without exception. Nobody with a brain is arsed, they come up with their own opinions and hopefully keep those cunts to themselves as well.

...Why are you here?

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, strawb said:

Spoken like a true aficionado of the Fish's podcast. I imagine all it takes is one episode to begin to doubt humanity's ability to have even one single opinion worth listening to.

Next up. Fish's standup leads to Strawb questioning whether or not he can be arsed with jokes.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

...Why are you here?

Some of you are funny.

Has anything anyone said on a football podcast or radio show or even on here changed your own opinion on football? 

4 minutes ago, strawb said:

Some of you are funny.

Has anything anyone said on a football podcast or radio show or even on here changed your own opinion on football? 

I once learned five burning questions from the Knight Ryder and it blew my mind forever. :good:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6