2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

23 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Just disappear quietly 

We didn't have the team to play like Eddie does, yet Eddie is doing it (and has done it) with a good chunk of the fucking players Bruce managed. Fucking hell man.

• Like 3

Not clicking on it. Fuck giving them hits for giving that knacker a platform to talk shite (again) 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not clicking on it. Fuck giving them hits for giving that knacker a platform to talk shite (again) 

I've just clicked on it twice. One for me and one for you, so you're not getting out of it that easily. 

• Haha 12

51 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I've just clicked on it twice. One for me and one for you, so you're not getting out of it that easily. 

tim burton batman GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I saw a clip of him complaining that they had sold Mitrovic (which happened a year prior to him joining) and “the guy who went to Leicester” and that was enough Steve Bruce content for me this year :lol: 

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Howay said:

I saw a clip of him complaining that they had sold Mitrovic (which happened a year prior to him joining) and “the guy who went to Leicester” and that was enough Steve Bruce content for me this year :lol: 

Tbf though he really got the most out of the £40m signing Joelinton

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

If he'd done a decent job he'd have no reason to 'defend' anything. He's a strange bloke. 

He got a pretty easy ride as well. Which didn’t stop his knacker son trawling social media looking for fights. Steve Bruce then used that as evidence for all the shit him and his family had to put up with. Despite, according to him, only learning about it second hand. Like you say, a strange bloke. I’m glad it bothers him though, no wonder he got on with the equally thin-skinned Mike Ashley 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Howay said:

His 'we'd sold our strikers' bollocks was laughable - We had sold Mitro ages before as you mentioned, Perez was a midfielder, and he probably could have spent a relatively small sum to make Rondon's deal permanent. Instead he went along with the Joelinton transfer and slapped the No 9 on him thinking he'd automatically become a striker despite never playing as an out and out striker at any point in his career - absolutely killing the lads confidence and almost ruining his career in the process.

Only to realise his mistake and then sign Wilson from a club he'd just been mocking (along with their manager) for getting relegated a few months prior.

He really should ask himself why he's pretty much universally hated by the fan base of every club he's ever managed (Hull being the only exception - maybe) if he's such a good manager.

• Like 5

And gave Carroll a deal then extended it even though he’d done fuck all to suggest he could still do a job

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Alex said:

And gave Carroll a deal then extended it even though he’d done fuck all to suggest he could still do a job

Aye, an attempt at placating the plebs by bringing in a local lad, who couldn't wait to fuck off for the big bucks almost a decade earlier - tbf to Carroll though I thought he did OK, got a few assists that first season - but when you're signing a striker you'd kind of like him to strike.

Just now, Dazzler said:

Aye, an attempt at placating the plebs by bringing in a local lad, who couldn't wait to fuck off for the big bucks almost a decade earlier - tbf to Carroll though I thought he did OK, got a few assists that first season - but when you're signing a striker you'd kind of like him to strike.

It was more that he came with a poor fitness record and then proceeded to be unavailable most of the time and still got extended. I might have misremembered it but wasn’t he (seemingly) constantly two weeks away from full fitness? :lol: 

• Haha 1

What a pathetic sad little man Bruce is. I honestly can't stand to listen to him. Never did when he was manager and certainly wont be clicking on that link now. 

As Alex said I'm glad it bothers him and it's very plain to him that despite his pals in the media everyone knows he was just a REALLY SHITE manager and a lazy arsehole on top of it. Fitting that he was the final Ashley manager, the night really is darkest before the dawn. 

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

It was more that he came with a poor fitness record and then proceeded to be unavailable most of the time and still got extended. I might have misremembered it but wasn’t he (seemingly) constantly two weeks away from full fitness? :lol: 

Aye, but that was the same with him back in 2010 tbf. It's the Newcastle way to have at least one player who breaks down constantly. Once Carroll left it fell to Maxi (I exclude Wilson as he's always been injured), and then Maxi has seemingly cursed the rest of the squad with his own departure :lol: 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

What a pathetic sad little man Bruce is. I honestly can't stand to listen to him. Never did when he was manager and certainly wont be clicking on that link now. 

As Alex said I'm glad it bothers him and it's very plain to him that despite his pals in the media everyone knows he was just a REALLY SHITE manager and a lazy arsehole on top of it. Fitting that he was the final Ashley manager, the night really is darkest before the dawn. 

He almost made you miss the halcyon days of Pardew pre-takeover, didn't he? (at least he did with me :lol:). At least under Pardew you'd get a canny little run of 5 wins on the bounce and playing okay until he reverted to 4231/pass sideways/defend a 1-0 lead type sending you on a 10+ match losing streak.

He's also at least been a man about the whole thing since his departure and been fair and complimentary about his time here, despite fans setting up full websites and campaigns to get shot of him at the time :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Aye I think Carver and Kinnear give him some competition in being the worst manager I've seen but from what I can remember they were at least relatively more likeable as human beings.