2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

We'd need to see other managers and the relative impact of the injuries to even start drawing conclusions.

I doubt the figure at Bournemouth included 2 snapped ACLs and two broken backs in the same season for example. 

• Like 2

The figures seem strange to me. Last season I felt we were largely injury free for most parts aside from Wilson and Isak but according to his figures our injuries were actually worse?

And we'd need to see the comparison with injuries under Steve Bruce for more context.

Correlation isn't always causation.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

The figures seem strange to me. Last season I felt we were largely injury free for most parts aside from Wilson and Isak but according to his figures our injuries were actually worse?

And we'd need to see the comparison with injuries under Steve Bruce for more context.

The comparison with last season is a good shout. If last season looks worse on those stats then it turns this bloke's patter into bollocks, cos we were actually incredibly lucky with injuries last season.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Even then Wilson (from memory) had knocks and was unexpectedly available more than usual, and Isak was largely back for the remainder of the season following his thigh problem and they were never really injured together (at least for long periods).

Aside from Bruno crying because he thought he'd fucked his ankle (only to play a week later), Longstaff missing a game or two with injury, and Willock getting fucked up at Everton I can't think of any other real injuries. The daft cunt is probably counting injuries of players out on loan too - Hayden probably makes up for about 7.4 of that 9.4.

Edited by Dazzler
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The comparison with last season is a good shout. If last season looks worse on those stats then it turns this bloke's patter into bollocks, cos we were actually incredibly lucky with injuries last season.

Someone suggested it’s due to more games this season? 6 more in the champions league but 3 more in the carabao last season…fa cup 3 more games this season so by my calculations it’s 6  more games? I could get to like this stat gig ☺️

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Someone suggested it’s due to more games this season? 6 more in the champions league but 3 more in the carabao last season…fa cup 3 more games this season so by my calculations it’s 6  more games? I could get to like this stat gig ☺️

You took the scenic route to get to the fact that the CL games are the reason for more games :lol:

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

We've played three more league games than we had at this point last season.

• Like 1

We’re probably only having this conversation now because Dummett is such a fucking nugget. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I was showing my working :huff:

You get no extra marks for that in stat club, that shit only flies in GCSE maths.

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Now so cute now, eh Gemmill?

He put his phone in rice so soak up the spit after filming this.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Truther Geordie

I'd subscribe to Pearson’s patreon that I presume he definitely has just to hear him try to say truther correctly.

• Haha 4