2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Just the two last season ;) 

I thought we must’ve done last year but when I checked it was the PFA ones I was looking at. I didn’t realise there was this separate nonsense. As you were, Captain Pedant ;) 

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Must be absolutely ages since we had any nominees at all. 

Who was our last player to get into the team of the year? Im thinking Colocinni in 2012?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

Gordon is too old for young player of the season, but Isak who is two years older than him gets nominated for that one too is the level of incompetence I expect from the PL tbh.

23 and younger innit? 

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

23 and younger innit? 

Then Isak doesn't count as he's 24 :lol:

37 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Then Isak doesn't count as he's 24 :lol:

we're talking about gordon aren't we? i'm sure he's 23. isak was nominated for the player of the season. not the young player.

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

we're talking about gordon aren't we? i'm sure he's 23. isak was nominated for the player of the season. not the young player.

Isak was nominated for both I think, Gordon for none.

10 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Isak was nominated for both I think, Gordon for none.

ah, I didn’t realise. Fuck knows what the age criteria is for entering young player than because 24 is surely pushing it.

still scandalous that Gordon isn’t in the mix for either award. VVD ffs - they just had to get a Liverpool player in there 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

23 and younger innit? 

It's 23 and younger at the start of the season for the PL Young player award, 21 and younger for the PFA young player. Which is where I got confused earlier.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

It's 23 and younger at the start of the season for the PL Young player award, 21 and younger for the PFA young player. Which is where I got confused earlier.

so you were right in the end, naturally 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

He’s spot on 

Apart from the Mainoo has had a good season. Bang average season. He might be a decent player in a couple of years or he might be Tom Cleverly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Apart from the Mainoo has had a good season. Bang average season. He might be a decent player in a couple of years or he might be Tom Cleverly.

He had a similar season to Lewis Miley(who he is a year older than), but because hes doing it for Man U in a midfield that looks absolute garbage apart from him hes now got england caps and a player of the year nomination. He shouldn't be anywhere near POTY if Gordon isn't.

• Like 1

Aye, you don't get young POTY for coming into a shit midfield and basically looking a bit hungry and tidy on the ball. 

It's absolutely ludicrous that he's on the shortlist. He'll probably win it. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, you don't get young POTY for coming into a shit midfield and basically looking a bit hungry and tidy on the ball. 

It's absolutely ludicrous that he's on the shortlist. He'll probably win it. 

Then when he ends up on loan at the mackems and winds up playing terribly at Everton or West Ham in five years (the standard trajectory for most man utd kids) we'll be reminded he once won young player of the season every time he touches the ball despite him ballooning it all over the place.

Screenshot_20240510-131429.thumb.png.3fd6e1bf9b3de374b9d94626afb7f23a.png

Won't pretend to know what all these things mean, but the difference since Howe turned up is remarkable. 

Shot quality in 21-22 BTW. :lol:

• Haha 1

If this is me, the photo op ends with this lad wearing his own mask. Am I fuck putting someone else's sweaty, germ-filled shit on my face. 

4 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

@PaddockLad - WHERE IS THE BRIGHTON MATCH THREAD ?!

The one time I actually did one and it got deleted because some bastard was 30 seconds quicker than me and the last two weeks we've been let down by both @PaddockLad and @wykikitoon. Shameful, it really is.

• Haha 5