2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

You really need hundreds of thousands to millions of subscribers before being “content creator” can be considered a viable career.

Unless you have generous/tolerant parents willing to help out. 

28 minutes ago, Tom said:

He's a comedy genius, whether it's intentional or not is a different matter. 

I was in tears when he was trying his hotel food in Portugal. :lol: 

:lol:

The bit where he was trying his soup. There was big fuck off lumps of chicken in it and he just kept trying the liquid and going "Can't even taste the chicken". Try fucking eating some of it! 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

You really need hundreds of thousands to millions of subscribers before being “content creator” can be considered a viable career.

Unless you have generous/tolerant parents willing to help out. 

I think it’s based on engagement too isn’t it? Not just the amount of views. 

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think it’s based on engagement too isn’t it? Not just the amount of views. 

yeah because the longer people watch, the more ads they’re served. Better engagement means your videos are more likely to be picked up by the algo though and therefore  should result in more views/subs because in theory it’s being seen by more eyeballs. 

his figures don’t suggest to me that he is making a living out of it. Not much of one anyways 

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

his figures don’t suggest to me that he is making a living out of it. Not much of one anyways 

Yet you're highlighting his lifestyle choices suggest otherwise. 

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

What I don’t get is how he finances his trips abroad, 5 star hotels etc. I assume he’s in debt to the bank of mam and dad because there’s no chance he’s making enough out of his YT subs to pay for all that 

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

exactly. I’m suggesting his parents are bankrolling it

14 minutes ago, Craig said:

Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car - perception, yeah?

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

exactly. I’m suggesting his parents are bankrolling it

Or perhaps they're not. He's not much older than my eldest, there's no way if I could afford to bankroll that lifestyle that I'd be doing it without getting in on the act. I'm willing to bet he's got a revenue stream through this endeavor. Doesn't he claim to have given up further education to do this? 

7 hours ago, Craig said:

Or perhaps they're not. He's not much older than my eldest, there's no way if I could afford to bankroll that lifestyle that I'd be doing it without getting in on the act. I'm willing to bet he's got a revenue stream through this endeavor. Doesn't he claim to have given up further education to do this? 

yeah, maybe. It’s just highly unlikely it’s from YT

9 hours ago, Craig said:

It's possible that the YT income is paying for the travel,  the tickets etc. But he's living with his parents who very likely bought his equipment (such at it is),  so he's got no overheads because his parents are footing those bills. 

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's possible that the YT income is paying for the travel,  the tickets etc. But he's living with his parents who very likely bought his equipment (such at it is),  so he's got no overheads because his parents are footing those bills. 

Yep, something which I referred to a while back.

40 minutes ago, The Fish said:

even that is a stretch given as he's probably making around $5k a year

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Thing is he's been keeping this gig going for a while now. If this was simply 'bank of Mum & Dad' it wouldn't be sustainable for long and you'd have expected the cash to have come to an end already. He's clearly got a decent revenue stream coming from somewhere and for all the figures being banded around, we really don't know. I can't discount the idea that he may be on the club's payroll in some form. 

He'll be telling his mam and dad that whatever income he makes on the channel, he needs to reinvest to build the channel. So 5k will do very nicely for these little trips he's been on this summer.

"Content is king guys. Once vuh channuw hits a hundred fousand subscwibaz fings wiww start to snowball. Just stick wiv me guys. Mam have you ironed my Nigeria shirt. Ah come on mam that is ridiculous I'm about to do a video."

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don't doubt for a fucking second that he's spunked his entire savings on this trip.

22 minutes ago, Craig said:

Thing is he's been keeping this gig going for a while now. If this was simply 'bank of Mum & Dad' it wouldn't be sustainable for long and you'd have expected the cash to have come to an end already. He's clearly got a decent revenue stream coming from somewhere and for all the figures being banded around, we really don't know. I can't discount the idea that he may be on the club's payroll in some form. 

I think you underestimate how much his mother makes.

• Haha 1

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat