Other Games 22/23

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Another one is Virgin van Dick’s red card decision. Schär was rather lucky to stay on the pitch but that one was a no brainer.

I haven't seen that one as yet but I'm not at all surprised. The FA are fucking hopeless at responding to and taking action against their own shortcomings, which these erroneous decisions must absolutely fall in the remit of. They'll say nothing and do nothing as none of the media darlings have been harmed.

• Like 1

Just now, Craig said:

Yep, he should absolutely have walked for that. Referee had no bollocks to not send him off.

It didn’t even get checked by VAR just as our penalty against Wolves. I do think that all teams should start lodging complaints every time to put pressure on the league to do something against it, because they can’t keep on explaining the poor standard away resorting to individual decisions and mistakes.

• Like 1

I'm still of the opinion that each team should be allowed to invoke a nominal number of VAR challenges per half - perhaps 3 per half. So that they have to send it for review. The players on the pitch know when it needs to be looked at so why can't the captain instruct the referee to review when appropriate?

I hate conspiracy theories, but it definitely feels like something is going on. Liverpool and Chelsea both directly benefitted from shocking referee calls today and you can't help but start to consider if outside forces don't want us to join the top table.

All 3 decisions today need explaining.

The criteria for decisions getting checked are fine. I don’t think there is corruption in play but incompetence and the age long fear of giving decisions against top teams.

The biggest problem is probably the selection of the view made available to the on field referee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

The criteria for decisions getting checked are fine. I don’t think there is corruption in play but incompetence and the age long fear of giving decisions against top teams.

The biggest problem is probably the selection of the view made available to the on field referee.

Fear of what exactly if there is not some underlying corruption?

47 minutes ago, Craig said:

I'm still of the opinion that each team should be allowed to invoke a nominal number of VAR challenges per half - perhaps 3 per half. So that they have to send it for review. The players on the pitch know when it needs to be looked at so why can't the captain instruct the referee to review when appropriate?

Seems to work in cricket. Perhaps 2 per game, one per half would be a more realistic proposal?

Either do away with VAR altogether or bring in the challenges, it's become a farce.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Like I said I'm the last person to call conspiracy or corruption, but the frequency that the same teams are benefitting from the big calls is becoming far to coincidental. Something is definitely amiss. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dougle said:

But fear of whom exactly? And of what punishment if there is no sniff of corruption involved?

The fear of it affecting their personal life. It’s the responsibility they are afraid of and therefore unconsciously going for the big team or making the decision they think is less controversial. Today’s absurdity is foremost down to Mason and his technical staff.

Corruption would involve money. I think it’s an absurd implication.

I respectfully disagree. It's no more absurd than implications that both FIFA and the IOC were corrupt which turned out to have some credence.

In my opinion PGMOL have a case to answer. There's either corruption or incompetence at play. Which should they plead? 

22 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

The fear of it affecting their personal life. It’s the responsibility they are afraid of and therefore unconsciously going for the big team or making the decision they think is less controversial. Today’s absurdity is foremost down to Mason and his technical staff.

Corruption would involve money. I think it’s an absurd implication.

Absurd?

It can exist, maybe not here, probably not, but it is certainly not absurd to be suspicious of certain incidents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calciopoli

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Craig's gone from "can we all please stop with the conspiracy theories, it's embarrassing" to "THIS IS CORRUPTION!" in fully 3 (three) days. :lol:

He’s just a closet scouser tbh.

Anyway, VAR is having a great day.

• Haha 2

I'm sure I heard we don't have a single representative at the world cup. 

The so called best league in the world doesn't have an official at the biggest international stage. 

That says everything if true 

• Like 1