howe's rabblement of lawless, scattershot, buccaneers v jones' congregation of well educated south coast gentry.

thebrokendoll

When we lost in 98 and 99 I knew we would, it was great we'd reached a final but I wasn't buzzing because I knew we'd lose. I felt closer to a trophy in the semis losing to Chelsea and that upset me more cos I knew we'd win it if we beat those cunts.

Now I feel like we could actually win this I'm buzzing and even if we don't i know they tried to win the cunt. I'll sleep well and look forward to us not fluking a few attempts next year.

One thing that was pleasing for me which might have gone under the radar is how much respect the players have for Eddie by how they speak in interviews.

Trippier and Longstaff both referred to him as "the manager" after the semi which is a great contrast to the gaffer etc and for me shows great respect, much like Man U players typically talked about Sir Alex

I think Eddie has a huge respect within the team, he respects it by trusting the players and not overhauling the team in one fell swoop and long may it continue.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

One thing that was pleasing for me which might have gone under the radar is how much respect the players have for Eddie by how they speak in interviews.

Trippier and Longstaff both referred to him as "the manager" after the semi which is a great contrast to the gaffer etc and for me shows great respect, much like Man U players typically talked about Sir Alex

I think Eddie has a huge respect within the team, he respects it by trusting the players and not overhauling the team in one fell swoop and long may it continue.

It's not just the players. Did you see the bit towards the end when Staveley asked Eddie permission if Idris Elba could go and talk to the lads. Absolute respect from her towards the bloke who has has been pivotal to the turnaround on the pitch. No way on god's green earth Ashley would have done that.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Not sure if anyone is a regular to this, but match cam that the club put out is a particularly good watch this week.

Nice to see Wood there.

I mean Chris Wood btw 

1 hour ago, Craig said:

It's not just the players. Did you see the bit towards the end when Staveley asked Eddie permission if Idris Elba could go and talk to the lads. Absolute respect from her towards the bloke who has has been pivotal to the turnaround on the pitch. No way on god's green earth Ashley would have done that.

Eey marra that Idris Ebly is a MLF tho but. 

• Haha 2