howe's rabblement of lawless, scattershot, buccaneers v jones' congregation of well educated south coast gentry.

thebrokendoll

3 hours ago, Tom said:

I can imagine Bruno’s red card will be appealed and he’ll more than likely miss just the one game.

I'd be surprised if there's any way of getting around a dangerous play charge unfortunately. Even if we can be confident he didn't mean to hurt the player he still had his studs up. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

The bromance is real between Longy and Burn. A question for anyone; would you rather Howe just started ASM and pushed Joelinton back into midfield in Bruno's absence, or would you like to see Gordon play as a ten starting ahead of Willock, Big Joe in midfield and ASM on the left. Gordon according to Howe and others is versatile in being able to play in more central attacking positions, and his pace excites me. It's probably just new player bias on my part though given Willock hasn't done much wrong apart from his dry spell in front of goal and the odd stray pass. It should also be said that Gordon, even if her were to play as a ten, has the ability to press and could drop back and help defend to decent effect when needed. 

Edited by Polarboy

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

It felt inconceivable that we'd ever be relegated again but who knew that jabba was lurking in the background. I was gutted about Bruno, still am but the edge taken off as I thought he'd miss Wembley. West ham is going to be a tough game especially after tonight and I'm hoping we sort ourselves by the time Liverpool come up. Absolute dream land if we beat them then fuck over the other NW arse cheek, Man U in the next match. We looked leggy as fuck second half though which is a worry when the business end of the season is coming up but hopefully Gordon slots in and helps with the fatigue levels. 

100% this. Every word sums up how I feel.

Have to say that second half was the worst of our season so far and I fucking knew half way through  Bruno was getting wound up and was going to get himself sent off. Then he fucking does it. I assumed he'd miss the final but glad he won't; think we have enough to get 6 or 7 points in the league in the meantime IF we don't play as bad as this again.

I should be over the moon but feel strangely unsettled. Maybe the transfer window too has underwhelmed me, lost my confidence a bit. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I'd be surprise if there's any way of getting around a dangerous play charge unfortunately. Even if we can be confident he didn't mean to hurt the player he still had his studs up. 

It looked accidental so I wouldn’t file it under violent conduct. 

Either way the refs have been desperate to fuck us over in both legs of the semi 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

100% this. Every word sums up how I feel.

Have to say that second half was the worst of our season so far and I fucking knew half way through  Bruno was getting wound up and was going to get himself sent off. Then he fucking does it. I assumed he'd miss the final but glad he won't; think we have enough to get 6 or 7 points in the league in the meantime IF we don't play as bad as this again.

I should be over the moon but feel strangely unsettled. Maybe the transfer window too has underwhelmed me, lost my confidence a bit. 

Fucking ref didn't blow for a clear foul on Bruno earlier on then penalised the slightest touch so he was getting wound up plus we weren't at it second half, all ifs and buts I suppose, I'm still over the moon we're at Wembley but I really don't want the day out stuff anymore particularly the cunts we're almost certainly playing, we owe them one massively. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Rents man, don't worry about this stuff, only the shit you can change.

We all need to remember: In Eddie we trust.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Either way the refs have been desperate to fuck us over in both legs of the semi 

Howe seemed to have accepted that it's going to be a three match suspension in one of his post match interviews. Perhaps he was just keeping his powder dry before appealing. He did say it looks a lot worse than it was slowed down for the cameras, but again while it wasn't violent conduct it will almost certainly be seen as dangerous play which also results in a three match suspension. 

Thing is the final is either going to be my greatest footballing day ever or my worst. Which meansits going to be FUCKING STRESSFUL. Too much at stake. Well probably lose in extra time on penalties and I'll miss my train back home knowing my luck. 

Just now, Renton said:

Thing is the final is either going to be my greatest footballing day ever or my worst. Which meansits going to be FUCKING STRESSFUL. Too much at stake. Well probably lose in extra time on penalties and I'll miss my train back home knowing my luck. 

And if that's the case go find a cheap hotel and a dirty hooker and bang out your frustrations - in a nice way.

I know you know this but I'll say it anyway: life, we're just along for the ride.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Rents man, don't worry about this stuff, only the shit you can change.

We all need to remember: In Eddie we trust.

Point taken. It's different this time, I know we'll ultimately succeed in the next few years whatever happens this season. 👍 

• Like 2

Just now, Renton said:

Point taken. It's different this time, I know we'll ultimately succeed in the next few years whatever happens this season. 👍 

We're gunna rule the footballing world, it's just a matter of when. :nufc:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

It works in his favour that it wasn't a two footed lunge, though how long he stood on the other players ankle may negate that! Uptimately I don't think it matters though, whether deemed serious foul play or violent conduct it's a minimum of a 3 match suspension. One match is for two yellows or professional foul play.

The only way would be for it to be downgraded to a yellow which will never happen. I wish he got a yellow earlier in the game as surely then he would not have been so stupid.

4 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Fucking hell. Making it to the final and I can also retire tomorrow because I got 20 years older in the last 60 minutes.

Feel the same, but given that would probably put me in my grave, I hope I can last for the rest of the month. :smile:

Absolutely fucking buzzing, can’t believe we’re in a final this soon after take over. Good finishes by Longstaff for both his goals, if he can start hitting the target like that more often it’ll really help us in the second half of the season, we went to bits second half and lost our cool at times but fortunately it didn’t cost us. Losing Bruno for three games is wank but the rest might actually do him some good. 

• Like 1

He's fucking class. 

Such a nerd about the control the controllables stuff that when he's asked if he'll allow himself to dream about lifting the trophy, he responds (with a grin tbf) "I've got no control at night time when I fall asleep so if that happens I'll be more than happy to visualise it." :lol:

Woke up at 5am still buzzing off last night’s adrenaline and still a bit pissed. What a night. What a team. It was never in doubt really was it, despite Southampton throwing everything at us. What a chance we have to finally end the trophy drought. 

Shame Bruno misses the league games but he’ll be fresh and ready to go for the final. Wonder if they’ll fry to get the ban reduced due to the lack of intent. It looks a horrible challenge in slow motion but then Fabinho wasn’t punished for one that looked even worse the other day. 

It’s a big blow is losing Isak for the West Ham game because of the concussion protocol. I was really looking forward to watching him on Saturday as Wilson still doesn’t look at his sharpest to me.