Nicolo Barella

6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I've seen nowt of him. Is he Bruno MkII or Willock MkII?

i love to be able to answer that but i just read a piece which described him as "Inter's midfield pivot" and am non the wiser

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i love to be able to answer that but i just read a piece which described him as "Inter's midfield pivot" and am non the wiser

So does that make him a 6 or an 8 then? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Isn’t the line just “we are in talks” and it’s from the chicken nonce. Don’t get your hopes up.

sky reporting it too, which they don't tend to do if there's nothing in it 

the suggestion is this kid is the longstaff upgrade.

his stats profile like odegard, bernardo silva and modric, among others

70254434_Screenshot2023-06-14at20_29_59.png.b37b1c6eb3f0534010a159787fd0af54.png

Edited by Dr Gloom

48 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

confess to not having seen loads of him. would he be a bigger coup than maddison or szoboszlai? 

I'd take him over Maddisson, different player but he has the type of heart and energy you get from Joe/Bruno. Lack of balls/being dropped for Leceister in the deep end of the relegation fight doesnt bode too well for Maddisson. I'd trust Eddie to sort that kinda stuff out pronto if we did sign him though :D 

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Easily an 8 on the Wank-o-meter if this comes off 

Good player. Be good if it comes off! But...

....tomorrow we'll get the bad news the deal can't be done for one of a multitude of reasons. 

• Haha 2

Why? You could have said the same about Bruno, Isak and Botman and that was before the CL. Not saying we'll definitely get him but we're absolutely right to be putting our name in the hat. That's the calibre of player you need to target to cement top 4 status and lay the foundations for a title charge down the line. 

Think of it this way. Maybe we wont get Barella. But between him, Maddisson, Szobozlai (and probably a couple of others the press knows nothing about) there's a good chance we'll get at least one. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Why? You could have said the same about Bruno, Isak and Botman and that was before the CL. Not saying we'll definitely get him but we're absolutely right to be putting our name in the hat. That's the calibre of player you need to target to cement top 4 status and lay the foundations for a title charge down the line. 

Think of it this way. Maybe we wont get Barella. But between him, Maddisson, Szobozlai (and probably a couple of others the press knows nothing about) there's a good chance we'll get at least one. 

Wages would be the biggest and most succinct reason. Szoboszlai's wages would fit in our structure, Maddison's would be high but balanced against his proven prem experience.

Bruno, Isak and Botman were all younger when they came here. For me Barella is on the next step in his career progression, the move where he will go to his peak wages (in the big 5 leagues anyway).