Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

On 20/09/2023 at 11:08, ewerk said:

Unlucky @Diego21 :lol: 

Well. I think that if we talk about bad luck, the people of Atleti can give a few classes on it.

We have always been called in a derogatory way 'El Pupas' which is something like saying that something bad always happens to us (Pupa is a way of saying hurt).

We have played 3 UEFA Champions League finals in our life.

-We lost one against Bayern in injury time in 1974 with a shot from more than 35 meters in the last action of the match.

-We lost another in the 94th minute in 2014 against Real Madrid.

-We lost another on penalties against Real Madrid in 2016 after we missed a penalty in regulation time and Real Madrid scored their goal clearly offside.

The history of Atleti is full of moments of this style.

I don't know if you remember the 'comical' situation that occurred last year in the group stage between Atleti and Bayer Leverkusen. Atleti needed to score a goal to stay alive in the competition. The referee whistled the end of the game. And when people were already leaving the stadium and the players were going to the locker room tunnel, the VAR said that there was a penalty in favor. Carrasco missed it, the rebound fell to Saúl, who hit the crossbar and the rebound fell again to Carrasco, who shot into an empty goal and, when the ball was almost in, it hit one of our players, Reinildo, and he left. out.

I saw that game in the stadium with a friend who was going for the first time. I already knew that we were not going to score that penalty. She is still in disbelief about what happened. For me it was just another day being an Atleti fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Jaysus... 1

Villa put out a shit side, I think. Just watching the Brighton highlights here and they blew a couple of good chances.

Arsenal, Man City, West Ham and Newcastle the only English sides to pick up points in Europe this week.

Not as easy as it looks eh, Erik? You fucking balloon.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Forgot about Conrad Poohs. Congratulations on your three points, dickhead.

The luxury of being able to bring on the likes of Nunez, Mac Allister, Salah etc.  Wooo little me and my no spend.  CUNT

• Haha 4

:lol: The job Cooper has done is really impressive mind. They basically got an entire new squad after promotion, and he’s managed to shape them and has them playing some pretty good football. Really like watching Gibbs-White play, hopefully he’s on our radar. 

• Like 1

Fucking Brentford man :lol:. Good finish. 

The Saturday family picnic crowd will have had their first course of cheddar and pickle sandwiches ruined by that. They’ll be so cross at the Everton half of their half and half scarves. Maybe they can sing Hey Jude again like a bunch of tragic cunts. 

• Haha 4