senor enrique's qatari bankrolled, sulking parisian wannabees v monsieur eddie's guerriers saoudiens noirs et blancs.

thebrokendoll

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

If it’s a draw in Dortmund and we beat Milan we’re through on the old heed to heed :cuppa: 

hope you had a hassle free night over there mate, gutted for all who made the trip that they didn't get to see the result an outstanding, backs to the wall second half perfomance that would've ended in a much deserved win.

fuckimg shambolic penalty decision. hope you kept that day off work for the milan game, about time we had another pint.

:)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Gordon not having his best game. We've been excellent down the right mostly. 

A bloke at the bar said similar. Unbelievable in my eyes tbh, him, miggy and Bruno in the first half were different class. The eight minutes added for European standards were a joke , the pen was different levels joke. Absolute fucking disgrace. The game's not a level playing field but we all knew that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

hope you had a hassle free night over there mate, gutted for all who made the trip that they didn't get to see the result an outstanding, backs to the wall second half perfomance that would've ended in a much deserved win.

fuckimg shambolic penalty decision. hope you kept that day off work for the milan game, about time we had another pint.

:)

I’ll have to chuck a sickie for Milan, and am

on call for Chelsea and Luton. But fear not, I’ll get something worked out :D Didn’t see any bother at all tonight, thank fuck. Great city and we’ve had a really good day but some of the locals are  sketchy as fuck 😬

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

I’ll have to chuck a sickie for Milan, and am

on call for Chelsea and Luton. But fear not, I’ll get something worked out :D Didn’t see any bother at all tonight, thank fuck. Great city and we’ve had a really good day but some of the locals are  sketchy as fuck 😬

keep away from the big ladies that walk the rue st.denis...... they'll eat you alive.

34 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

A bloke at the bar said similar. Unbelievable in my eyes tbh, him, miggy and Bruno in the first half were different class. The eight minutes added for European standards were a joke , the pen was different levels joke. Absolute fucking disgrace. The game's not a level playing field but we all knew that.

I just think he didnt get as much joy going forwards as he has been recently, tried to dribble a few times and lost the ball. It wasn't a bad performance by any means, just not as good as he has been recently. Which again under the circumstances is completely understandable. 

I thought Miggy was sensational first half. As was Tino throughout the game.

This was blatant daylight robbery. 8 minutes added on a farce and then a disgraceful penalty to top it off.

Anybody writing off Howe as having taken us as far as he can is bonkers tbh. The man is a genius. I honestly never believed I'd see a NUFC side as competent as this in my liftetime. We played some great stuff in the first half, looked sharp, confident. Give him a few more windows and this team the experience they are now having, and he'll be battering half arsed cheating cu**s like PSG every week for fun. Can't wait.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Saw something about that earlier.  Apparently, UEFA did not accept the recommendation, although it is used in the Premier League.

Apparently from next season they're bringing it in. 

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

The way they're going on you would think PSG spanked us. They got an equaliser in the 98th minute against a team with a dog shit bench ffs 

H'way let's smash the fuck out of these cunts at the weekend 

Thought it was only a two legged tie.   :drinks:

38 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

The way they're going on you would think PSG spanked us. They got an equaliser in the 98th minute against a team with a dog shit bench ffs 

H'way let's smash the fuck out of these cunts at the weekend 

Of course they did batter us for almost the entire second half snd on another day they would probably have converted some of their chances to win the game easily. But this doesn’t make our effort less admirable. We got there with having almost an entire team out injured. Playing Miley in this kind of game without having real options on the bench shows the lack of depth of our squad.

On another day we might even have nicked it on a counter with fresher legs.

In the end they are only still in the competition because of a dodgy penalty decision absolutely no fair neutral does understand or accept,

• Like 5

According to the laws of the game, when deciding a handball decision in a game, referees have three key considerations:

Whether it is a "deliberate action" by the player - ie have they moved their arm towards the ball?;

The proximity of the player from the ball and the speed it hits them on the arm/hand;

If the the hand or arm is in "an unnatural position", - ie away from the body

In the case of the Livramento handball, the referee deemed that even if it was not deliberate and the Newcastle defender was unable to react quickly enough, his arm was in an unnatural position.

In what possible way is Livramento's arm in an unnatural position? If his hands were strapped to his sides that would be more unnatural. There's absolutely no argument to be made for a handball.

Uefa recommended handball rule change that would have stopped Newcastle  heartache against PSG | The Sun

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Did Dembele deliberately try to boot it into his hand btw. It was a very weird ball to play from where he was.

Given how bad his shooting was last night I doubt he could hit Livramento's arm from three yards.

• Haha 5

https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulations-of-the-UEFA-Champions-League-2023/24/Article-17-Equality-of-points-group-stage-Online

IMG_3306.thumb.jpeg.ae4c9d8a4a1bb46114de32e8439308a3.jpeg

Looking at this, after H2H its goal difference and we’re 4 ahead of Milan. Basically a draw guarantees Europa football in February. Although there is some sort of play off round, not sure if we have to go into that? 

IMG_3307.jpeg

8 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

If it’s a draw in Dortmund and we beat Milan we’re through on the old heed to heed :cuppa: 

exactly my point. We can beat Milan at home. Dortmund are strong at home and will want to top the group. If PSG win there, fair play. Europa league will do. I still fancy us to finish second in the group 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/nov/28/lewis-miley-psg-newcastle-united-champions-league

After spending the morning slagging Liew off for his bullshit tweet, he's written a really nice article about us. It's mainly about how ridiculously good Miley is but also positive about the team in general.

I almost feel like this makes his tweet worse cos he's obv just doing it for bites and to be a wum.