Food that can Feck Off.

Monkeys Fist

17 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

to be fair if we were having a pint in a pub, neutral territory of course, and the bar maid started handing around free pies. then, and possibly only then, as you spied my pie, you'd change your tune.

Yeah, I'd want a pie, but if we were sitting in a pub and a bar maid handed out free pies, they're not going to be sweet pies, they'll be crusty savoury goodness. You'd get yours, take a bite, react like a toddler and I'd get the rest, like a boss.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yeah, I'd want a pie, but if we were sitting in a pub and a bar maid handed out free pies, they're not going to be sweet pies, they'll be crusty savoury goodness. You'd get yours, take a bite, react like a toddler and I'd get the rest, like a boss.

i wouldn't even take a bite of a savoury pie. well actually sometimes i open the pie, eat the filling and ditch the pastry.

22 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It hasn't been made in Newcastle or anywhere near Newcastle for around 15 years. 

i did not know that

next you'll be telling me that the french bread i get from our local bakers wasn't made in France

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

all kinds of beans - the texture is like nails down a blackboard - although i'll swallow baked beans without biting them

all kinds of peas especially mushy ones - garden peas can be swallowed

peanut butter - it looks and tastes (i imagine) like a turd

most things that live in the sea that aren't meant to be battered and served in newspaper

avocados

all scousers - not sure they strictly can be classed as food but they can fuck off anyway

all fruit teas - any tea that can't described as English breakfast tea or Yorkshire tea - funny I've never seen any tea plantations in Yorkshire mind you 

tea served in those big round half a globe coffee cups. i want mine in a mug or a teacup thanks

all milk that doesn't come from a cow.

white wine - to be fair that's only meant for the ladies anyway

in fact all alcohol that isn't beer 

all Belgian beer

american chocolate

twinkies

1_TV-Progs-Coronation-Street.jpg

"Audrey asked me if I wanted get stuck into her hairy, I say, her hairy pie, Ashley!"

"What did you say back, Dad?"

C_71_article_1421038_image_list_image_li

"I said, 'Audrey! You know, I say, you know I don't like pies!' I don't know why she asked arr Ashley?"

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

i did not know that

next you'll be telling me that the french bread i get from our local bakers wasn't made in France

I used to work at the Tyne Brewery so I wasn't best pleased when they fucked off tbh! :lol:

4 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

i wouldn't even take a bite of a savoury pie. well actually sometimes i open the pie, eat the filling and ditch the pastry.

There've been a few divisive issues on this board; sitting vs standing, stats vs gut feel, Adam P vs non-weirdos. But Pie vs No Pie will act as the rallying cry that brings us all together. 

We have a common enemy now. 

Get him lads!

Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Haha 7

20 minutes ago, The Fish said:

There've been a few divisive issues on this board; sitting vs standing, stats vs gut feel, Adam P vs non-weirdos. But Pie vs No Pie will act as the rallying cry that brings us all together. 

We have a common enemy now. 

Get him lads!

Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

that's got me proper laughing

cheers

5 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

chia seeds and quinoa

quiche

carrot cake

carrot juice

spam - meat should not come in a tin.

anything served in the jungle

nut burgers

Seeds - fair enough

Quiche - you can get fucked

Carrot cake - you can get fucked

Carrot juice - Is that a thing? If so, fair enough.

Spam - fair enough, but meat in a tin?! Corned Beef?! - you can get fucked.

Jungle - What?

Nut Burgers - fair enough.

6 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Seeds - fair enough

Quiche - you can get fucked

Carrot cake - you can get fucked

Carrot juice - Is that a thing? If so, fair enough.

Spam - fair enough, but meat in a tin?! Corned Beef?! - you can get fucked.

Jungle - What?

Nut Burgers - fair enough.

jungle - anything served in celebrity get me out of here, usually camel cock, sheep vagina, scouse balls (they don't need em), roaches, spiders, etc

Quiche - sorry but that was invented by the french to keep women busy

Carrot cake - don't take this as gospel but i'm pretty sure carrot cake was designed to help the rest of us identify thai lady  boys

Corned Beef can most definitely do one (when a dog throws up its dog food they can it and sell it).

Edited by LondonBlue

Since we’re on about pies- does a pie need sides and a base (like a proper pie), or do we think these casseroles with some flaky pastry hoyed on the top of it can piggy-back on the name of pie, too? 

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Since we’re on about pies- does a pie need sides and a base (like a proper pie), or do we think these casseroles with some flaky pastry hoyed on the top of it can piggy-back on the name of pie, too? 

Those 'pies' with no base or sides can fuck right off. :good:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Renton said:

I'm fairly sure shit does not taste like peanut butter. If that were the case, I'd share the same proclivities as @sammynb

And you don't like belgian beer.?I mean this kindly, fuck right off, weirdo. 

Not sure how I got placed in this one TBF? Can't seem to remember the last time I ate either shite or peanut butter!

Anyway, there's some right weird food phobias going on in this thread.

14 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

chia seeds and quinoa

quiche

carrot cake

carrot juice

spam - meat should not come in a tin.

anything served in the jungle

nut burgers

IMG_8456.jpeg.b07e64c0164135d62b57d7edf25f87e9.jpeg

• Haha 5