Food that can Feck Off.

Monkeys Fist

13 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

Brussels sprouts.

My mam used to over cook them till they were a green mush I've hated them and refuse to eat them since.

And don't get me started on the smell...yuk !

Should be called Pepe le Sprout as they fuckin' honk. 

they're lush if you flash fry them on a high heat so the outside goes caramelised and the inside retains some bite. jsut got to add fuck loads of seasoning, garlic (bacon if that's your thing) and they're great  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

mushrooms.

hmmm - the fleshy, spore-bearing fruiting body of a fungus.

so appealing, so appetising. and definitely not at all like biting down on a slug 

They’re great, man 

Kanye West Help GIF by OceanX

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

mushrooms.

so appealing, so appetising. and definitely not at all like biting down on a slug 

You are right it definitely isn't :lol:

Rat lungworm: He ate a slug on a dare, became paralyzed and died | CNN

Rugby player who swallowed garden slug as dare has died, 8 years after  health nightmare began

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

mushrooms.

I fucking love mushrooms. Don't really understand how you can afford to turn your nose up at them if you're a veggie, they are an absolute staple for Mrs Rents. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

I fucking love mushrooms. Don't really understand how you can afford to turn your nose up at them if you're a veggie, they are an absolute staple for Mrs Rents. 

they make me gag 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

they make me gag 

Well, they're an excellent source of nutrition for you weirdos who do not participate in eating flesh. High protein, high fibre, nearly zero fat content. We go through a punnet a day. 

Does anyone remember that ear worm advert, "Make way for the mushrooms!" 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, they're an excellent source of nutrition for you weirdos who do not participate in eating flesh. High protein, high fibre, nearly zero fat content. We go through a punnet a day. 

Does anyone remember that ear worm advert, "Make way for the mushrooms!" 

i can't stomach them. i think it's the idea of eating something that could grow on your toes that i find most off-putting. 

• Haha 1

Ripe avocados are lush and so are mushrooms. I eat the latter all the time. 
On topic though, wtf are you meant to do with a marrow? They’re like a really shit courgette 

• Haha 1

And on a similar subject does anyone else say ‘I’ve bought you a present?’ and hand over the cucumber they’ve just bought to their lass? Or is that just me? 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

And on a similar subject does anyone else say ‘I’ve bought you a present?’ and hand over the cucumber they’ve just bought to their lass? Or is that just me? 

Just you and MF 🙂 

• Haha 2

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

i would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to the mighty aubergine, which, when cooked correctly, is a true titan of the vegetable world  

I quite regularly have lasagne made with thinly cut layers of aubergine instead of pasta. It's great.

It's a faff and absolutely not as nice as lasagne but I don't have to stand and cut the fuckers so I don't care.

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I quite regularly have lasagne made with thinly cut layers of aubergine instead of pasta. It's great.

It's a faff and absolutely not as nice as lasagne but I don't have to stand and cut the fuckers so I don't care.

You can use leaks in place of pasta sheets too, it’s a bastard to do but the results are 👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

mushrooms.

Mushrooms are tremendous

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Here's a really fiddly recipe you can try. It's not as nice as the real thing which is much simpler, but here it is anyway. Fanks, top tip Gemmill. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You can use leaks in place of pasta sheets too, it’s a bastard to do but the results are 👌

Right, how the fuck does that work? Do you peel out the outer layers or something? 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Here's a really fiddly recipe you can try. It's not as nice as the real thing which is much simpler, but here it is anyway. Fanks, top tip Gemmill. 

I didn't want to say that it might lose you some weight off your sweaty tits, yet here I am having to say it.

• Haha 3

Re: Aubergines, if you do melanzane alla parmigiana properly it’s a fanny on but really nice. Goes lush with pasta in a spicy tomato sauce too (aubergines that is) 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1