Elite Defenders

Nefilim

27 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

Titus Bramble is Manju Anjaka Man City  = Pep forces him to pass/play, he cant, he cant boom the ball, become shite.

Titus Bramble playing under Pep is a Circus Show!

28 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

Titus Bramble is Manju Anjaka Man City  = Pep forces him to pass/play, he cant, he cant boom the ball, become shite.

Titus Bramble playing under Pep is a Circus Show!

Titus Bramble he boot to big for he gotdamn feet! 

28 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

image.png.1c746f0d6cf0b5ae923c18f7713d6fbb.png

Thoughts and prayers to this legend of the game - never did get over that broken toe nail that kept him out for so long

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

But he had a good 6 months in Scotland, and had a decent debut against some lower league opposition - he was an absolute bargain!

Does anyone else recall there being some rumour about Boumsogn(tm) having small feet and wearing boots that were too big (something like this anyway) which was why he fell over so often - or did I just completely dream that up?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, OTF said:

Does anyone else recall there being some rumour about Boumsogn(tm) having small feet and wearing boots that were too big (something like this anyway) which was why he fell over so often - or did I just completely dream that up?

Sounds like a dream to me.

Nowt like my dreams tbh, as I dream about riding a horse over Michael Owen a few hundred times.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OTF said:

Pretty sure Souness blamed modern pitches re Boumsong’s issues staying on his feet  :lol: 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

6A97A535-C0CE-D066-5759F11DD59AB13A.jpg

capcapa - who was it who said he was the best defender he'd ever seen for us again? :lol:

i wonder if we can embarrass them if they're still posting. 

almost as excruciating as gemmill rating souness as a manager 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Pretty sure Souness blamed modern pitches re Boumsong’s issues staying on his feet  :lol: 

Those troublesome bowling green pitches. I'm sure we all miss the days football was played on pitches like this

20180316-The18-Images-Pitches-Valley.jpg

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

capcapa - who was it who said he was the best defender he'd ever seen for us again? :lol:

i wonder if we can embarrass them if they're still posting. 

almost as excruciating as gemmill rating souness as a manager 

Sima, wasn't it?

4 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Maybe he was getting mixed up with Helder (who was pretty decent).

No, it was categorically Cacapa at the time he was playing for us under Allardyce and, iirc, just before his lack of pace was horribly exposed in a home game 

My best mate was so convinced we had the next Maldini, he got Pistone on the back of his shirt. 

There's tale of someone thinking the answers to our problems would be a young Irish winger called Shane Ferguson.

• Haha 6

57 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

We've all been there. I thought Georgios Georgiadis was going to become a mainstay of the squad. :lol: 

:D

Probably mentioned it before but said to my mate at Filbert Street what a player we've signed here about Wayne Fereday who had a good game on his debut. (He'd missed the Leeds 5-2 opener the week before for some reason).

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, NJS said:

Youve gone too far there like. 

He had a decent game, skinned their full back on a greasy pitch a few times and was a bit pacey that day. How was I to know that was going to be the first and last good game he'd have for us? :lol:

Actually there's a couple like that - Ian Stewart scored at Coventry and that was that. Paul Sweeney kicked a Wallace brother in two at Southampton and that was that. 

I'll try and think of more. 

Nikos Papavasiliou? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NJS said:

Actually there's a couple like that - Ian Stewart scored at Coventry and that was that. Paul Sweeney kicked a Wallace brother in two at Southampton and that was that. 

I'll try and think of more. 

Nikos Papavasiliou? 

Fabrice Pancrate we had signed for 6 months who scored a worldie in the championship and then every appearance following that one was pure and utter dog shit - and saw him swiftly replaced by Wayne fucking Routledge.

Pancrate looked decent against Swansea and Watford

I had to double check wiki to make sure I remembered it right and enjoyed the description of his Watford goal

image.png.aa793dfcf54f1fa1756c9ccc3dd6c6e7.png