Eddie’s Broon Ale necking Black Garter Slags vs PaddockLad’s mates’ southern softy shandy-drinking la las.

Monkeys Fist

If Joelinton was fit, would we be seeing Tino start ahead of Burn? I'm struggling to see what the trigger will be to make us upgrade to a proper full back, given that us constantly giving up goals down that flank isn't acting as a trigger.

Tino is a better FB than Burn so I don't even see how us signing an actual left back changes things, if Howe has just decided that he wants a CB playing there.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OTF said:

Yeah as a GK you expect your defender to be some sort of impediment. It wasn't like he had anyone to pass to, it was entirely down to Burn being patently afraid of being beat for pace. Something that has been called out by every man and their dog for the past year.

Agreed and you can't blame Burn for not having pace. When Howe will decide to act on this is the question 

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

When do we try giving Karius a run of games? I saw something that showed we went from the best defence in the league to one of the leakiest since Dubravka has started

Howe won't do it, he'll double down on putting his trust in Dubravka.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Not wrong.

I can do this all night.

I can do this all morning. Burn didn't want to be beat for pace so was less than useless as a defender (blocked Dubravka's view). Burn wasn't even ready to block the shot as he was thinking that this guy is going to try to go around me for sure.

RITCHIE!!! 

• Haha 1

Just now, OTF said:

I can do this all morning. Burn didn't want to be beat for pace so was less than useless as a defender (blocked Dubravka's view). Burn wasn't even ready to block the shot as he was thinking that this guy is going to try to go around me for sure.

RITCHIE!!! 

I'm not saying Burn's positioning was good, but he should be able to rely on his keeper saving a shot coming across him from that distance.