Pep’s peripatetic perfection seekers v Eddie’s egregious error strewn erseholes

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

game pretty much went the way I and all but probably the terminally stupid expected it to, but travelled up there anyway more in hope than expectation.

weird one yesterday I thought and very well summed up here....

https://true-faith.co.uk/report-city-cup-2324/

never had any real dislike for man city although the game in '84 which @Tdansmith alludes above was pretty hairy, wasn't pies coming over in our direction that day from the kippax. 

hand on heart, I'd  honestly opt for wandering round the streets of moss side round maine road or even the early days at the city of manchester stadium walking up past the mary d's. all felt a bit souless rolling up in the tram at the etihad campus.

oh and I've still got heartburn from one of  your fucking £6 a pop chicken balti pies.

thats a good article. i'm in the old group of fans. times change.

never use the tram always walk there with mates or sometimes on my own and meet mates there.

always go for a few beers before hand and after. often local then get a mini bus with others.

for all the romance of old grounds i much prefer the etihad to maine road. its your mates that make it what it is, not concrete.

maybe we need some bad times to clear some plastics.

what is the dream success/support combination though?

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

My understanding is that Man City are/have been taking the maximum allowed time in responding to requests for information etc, in an attempt to frustrate and delay the process.

I don't understand why they would do that if they thought they were going to be exonerated.

I'll see your understanding and raise mine.

man city are not prepared to do a deal. they want their name cleared.

man city have long since shipped all documentation to the PL.

its not city that aren't replying. its the third parties like mancini and the etihad.

its 100% on the PL  to make their case. we cannot give them evidence to indite us if it doesn't exist.

3 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

thats a good article. i'm in the old group of fans. times change.

never use the tram always walk there with mates or sometimes on my own and meet mates there.

always go for a few beers before hand and after. often local then get a mini bus with others.

for all the romance of old grounds i much prefer the etihad to maine road. its your mates that make it what it is, not concrete.

maybe we need some bad times to clear some plastics.

what is the dream success/support combination though?

I'd forgotten about the horror of the half time 'entertainment' yesterday until I read the comments at the bottom of that article.

who the fuck is that moronic twat compere laughing his tits off at reverse rewinds of folk in the crowd eating?

and why in the name of god would anyone think it was a good idea??

nah, fuck that shite, give me maine road and the possibility of a hiding in a moss side sidestreet any day of the week!  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

I'd forgotten about the horror of the half time 'entertainment' yesterday until I read the comments at the bottom of that article.

who the fuck is that moronic twat compere laughing his tits off at reverse rewinds of folk in the crowd eating?

and why in the name of god would anyone think it was a good idea??

nah, fuck that shite, give me maine road and the possibility of a hiding in a moss side sidestreet any day of the week!  :lol:

problem was there was just as much chance of me getting a hiding in moss side as you. the long walk down dickinson road wasn't fun. i saw a few comments further back about stuff being thrown and basically hooligan city fans. but i very much doubt any top flight grounds were safe for away fans "back in the day". football may well be sanitized now but it least in far safer. well except where liverpool are concerned. 

Just now, LondonBlue said:

problem was there was just as much chance of me getting a hiding in moss side as you. the long walk down dickinson road wasn't fun. i saw a few comments further back about stuff being thrown and basically hooligan city fans. but i very much doubt any top flight grounds were safe for away fans "back in the day". football may well be sanitized now but it least in far safer. well except where liverpool are concerned. 

and another thing......

them chicken balti pies man.

wouldn't have been served up that shite in the curry mile round the corner from the kippax.  :)

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

and another thing......

them chicken balti pies man.

wouldn't have been served up that shite in the curry mile round the corner from the kippax.  :)

are you sure you're a newcastle fan? seem to know a suspicious amount about maine road !!

i only go do a minimum of 6 games a season due to the distance from south london but for some reason i get nostalgia at the etihad now.  maine road is just a distant memory. good times there are like those chairs at primary school seeming huge but actually being tiny.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

are you sure you're a newcastle fan? seem to know a suspicious amount about maine road !!

i only go do a minimum of 6 games a season due to the distance from south london but for some reason i get nostalgia at the etihad now.  maine road is just a distant memory. good times there are like those chairs at primary school seeming huge but actually being tiny.

I'm just an old cunt as well mate.  :)

• Haha 4

So apparently you can live stream continuously to your YouTube channel throughout the game 😑

Second encounter with this individual this season. First was when we were boarding the flight back from Paris and he held up

2/3rds of the passengers trying to get on the aircraft to stop and greet some Newcastle fans already seated. It was  

a bit like when a member of the Royal Family stops and speaks to the crowd behind the barriers :) 

IMG_3976.jpeg

31 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

So apparently you can live stream continuously to your YouTube channel throughout the game 😑

Second encounter with this individual this season. First was when we were boarding the flight back from Paris and he held up

2/3rds of the passengers trying to get on the aircraft to stop and greet some Newcastle fans already seated. It was  

a bit like when a member of the Royal Family stops and speaks to the crowd behind the barriers :) 

IMG_3976.jpeg

I thought Alex had packed in the blacking up thing, but apparently not.

• Haha 6

41 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

IMG_3976.jpeg

why are bald heads always so shiny? Why is no other part of the body so shiny and reflective? 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I thought Alex had packed in the blacking up thing, but apparently not.

Surely that was Baggio. Or manc-mag. You’re the one who reckoned I looked like Chuck D though. Can’t see it myself like :lol: 

• Haha 3

:lol: We need to get PL to get a photo from the front next time and let everyone decide.

Checked YouTube for your BlackedUpAlex channel and it's not there anymore.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

IMG_3976.jpeg

Should've slapped him on the bonce and said 'You're sitting in HMHM's seat, CUNT.'

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

I'll see your understanding and raise mine.

man city are not prepared to do a deal. they want their name cleared.

man city have long since shipped all documentation to the PL.

its not city that aren't replying. its the third parties like mancini and the etihad.

its 100% on the PL  to make their case. we cannot give them evidence to indite us if it doesn't exist.

Isn't a big reason for the delay on this the implication that top City officials i.e. Abu Dhabi government have committed fraud? The political/diplomatic connections makes it very difficult for the PL or anyone else to simply reach that conclusion. I think that's ultimately why they'll be cleared, the PL will need to have an extremely strong beyond shadow of doubt type of evidence to be able to stand their ground. Time will tell if they do. But it wont necessarily mean very dodgy stuff hasnt gone on.  

It’s quite simple. City are not guilty.

the only public domain known “evidence” is the hacked de spiegel emails. which prove nothing.

uae won’t speak to the PL as city aren’t owned by the Abu Dhabi government. They are owned in part by sheikh mansour (via other companies) but in a personal capacity not a state one.

if the PL were scared of political issues they shouldn’t have started this thing.

despite planning the charges for 4 years the PL rushed the charges out. Hence all the mistakes in the original charges which they corrected a few days later.

this is being driven by the cartel behind the scenes. 

Arsenal headed paper. Arsenal KC presiding over the case.

• Like 1

Time will tell, but yes as I said between the PL making a mess of it and the very hard to prove assertions I doubt City will be found guilty.

The 'cartel' and the manner in which they act is why most of us find City more tolerable than them. By all means continue to hold the top till we sort out FFP and Pep buggers off. 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Dakota Johnson Foreshadowing GIF by Madame Web

This is the worry although I think it will develop. We are all guilty of it through the games success in this country. The PL are losing the everyman to the tourist and the well off which will mean the loss of atmosphere, die hards who can't afford it and the next generation. They are absolutely milking the fans for everything. 

Eventually the bubble will burst but it's hard to say how far it'll go before it does. 

Silver linings and all, because of this I get to see some version of our team play twice.