Fulham away, I hate this fixture. If Dummett starts I'm deleting the thread when I get up so don't get too attached to anything you post.

Andrew

I’d be tempted to put Murphy at right back ahead of krafth. He’s looked alright there at times this season. Then we could go with Barnes and Gordon in the flanks. I’d bench longstaff and play willock and Anderson in midfield with Bruno - Howe won’t do this of course. Hopefully Lewis Hall is okay to continue at left back. Fuck all on the bench yet again.

We’ll need early goals as we’ll be hanging on after 60-70 minutes when they freshen up and won’t want to rely on Dummett and Ritchie off the bench. I’d rather throw the kids on - at least they’ll be able to run 

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’d be tempted to put Murphy at right back ahead of krafth. He’s looked alright there at times this season. Then we could go with Barnes and Gordon in the flanks. I’d bench longstaff and play willock and Anderson in midfield with Bruno - Howe won’t do this of course. Hopefully Lewis Hall is okay to continue at left back. Fuck all on the bench yet again.

We’ll need early goals as we’ll be hanging on after 60-70 minutes when they freshen up and won’t want to rely on Dummett and Ritchie off the bench. I’d rather throw the kids on - at least they’ll be able to run 

He also won't throw the kids on either, this is Howe we're talking about :lol: - which ever squad player between Willock, Anderson or Longstaff are benched will get on at around the 60-70 minute mark which will be our only change assuming there's no further injuries.

Howe is getting pelters for the Dummett sub but I thought it was the right call (obviously without hindsight) at the time.  Everton would most likely start slinging balls in the box to get an equaliser so he’d be most experienced to deal with it. 

Obviously it was a moment of madness by PD but I don’t think it was that bad of decision by Howe. if Alex Murphy made an error he would have got pelters for not putting Dummett on. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 5

No pelters for Howe here like Dummett was absolutely the right option to bring on in the circumstances - Dummett is the one to blame, the daft cunt is experienced enough to have known better, especially against a notorious diving bellend like Ashley Young.

Murphy isn't even a LB as far as I am aware, so the only other option would have been to bring him on and move Burn to LB who was having a great game in centre half - This is what I hope Howe does going forward mind you, I'd rather see us trying out the more talented youngins than giving Dummett another chance to shaft us of two much needed points. 

The overall idea that Howe won't give the kids a go (prevalent on social media) is mental in reality considering Hall started vs Everton and Miley was in ahead of a shoehorned Ritchie in centre mid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Aye I think Murphy is a CB but he did come on at LB earlier in the season. 

Hall has played about 110 mins in the last 2 and I don’t think we conceded a goal in that time despite conceding 4 either side in those two games. It sounds like he’ll be available for Fulham.

Edited by Holden McGroin

5 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Aye I think Murphy is a CB but he did come on at LB earlier in the season. 

Hall has played about 110 mins in the last 2 and I don’t think we conceded a goal in that time despite conceding 4 either side in those two games. It sounds like he’ll be available for Fulham.

He's really stepped up in his last two appearances in fairness to him - I don't think he'll ever be the most defensively sound LB in the world, but vs Everton he seemed to take on Trippier's role (albeit on the left), with Krafth doing more of the Burn, tucking in narrow to support the centre backs stuff. He's got a decent cross on him, and his corners looked dangerous at times.

• Like 4

Nervy 1-2 win to us, Isak pelanty and Gordon worldie. Dummett to come on late and score for them in the dying minutes.

5wWf7GPkTUMBRco0gkE.webp

3 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

He's been injured for months, as has Anderson. Can't expect him to be ready to start every game straight away

That's fair enough.

This is what happens when you can't string 2 passes together. Hall and Krafth have been shite on the flanks and Murphy and Gordon are nowhere to be seen