I really didn't expect to be doing this for this long, right. Alex Isaks dutchman twisting, ange-ball battering, well rested Mags vs ...Who the fuck is Oliver Glasner?! Err, Crystal Palace

Andrew

Chuffed as nuts. Didn’t apply for a ticket. Then fancied going after the spurs match so put the feelers out and got lucky. Then Monday I got a text reminding me that it’s Orbital in Southampton tomorrow night and not being in the first flush of youth as they say I flogged the ticket on and so I won’t be getting in at stupid o’clock tomorrow morning after paying to watch that parcel of fucking shit 😀

Thoughts and prayers with agent @Dr Gloom though 🙏🏻😔 hope he’s not  regretting his life choices tonight :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Chuffed as nuts. Didn’t apply for a ticket. Then fancied going after the spurs match so put the feelers out and got lucky. Then Monday I got a text reminding me that it’s Orbital in Southampton tomorrow night and not being in the first flush of youth as they say I flogged the ticket on and so I won’t be getting in at stupid o’clock tomorrow morning after that paying to watch that parcel of fucking shit 😀

Thoughts and prayers with agent @Dr Gloom though 🙏🏻😔 hope he’s not  regretting his life choices tonight :cuppa:

Orbital was the wise choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

@Andrew realising he doesn’t have to do the match threads…

IMG_2716.gif.5d30c5f97b9f6411a260f746e3a91a45.gif

… because we’ve been turboshite

Im Free The Hunchback Of Notre Dame GIF

• Haha 7

We played like absolute shit and deserved to lose.

That said. That is the new worst decision by VAR this week  (because it's like this every week for at least one team in the PL). This week it was our turn to be royally fucked over by the tinpot officiating in this league. How the ref doesn't give it on the field is beyond me. It's a blatant pull back, penalty, and possibly a red card for a denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity. He has a clear view of it. The commentators (despite their clear Palace bias) actually seemed confused that he hadn't given it.

Then, the fact that VAR don't overturn it is just insane. I actually burst out laughing when it wasn't overturned. It is comical at this point. VAR is just a game of Russian roulette. You just hope the bullet isn't in the chamber for your team each week.

How can they be without bias in making the decision when the ref books Longstaff during the check? It's pretty clear that he's done that to make a point about the decision. You know then that immediately he's set his stall out and the VAR idiots in the booth have to decide either to make their mate look like an idiot by making the correct decision or close shop and protect their little weak-willed buddy on the pitch. And obviously we get the latter because these little dweebs stick together like the most pathetic gang you can possibly imagine.

VAR is a charade. In an industry with so much money at stake it's mental that this is the standard of officiating that passes for acceptable.

Anyway, fair result. One of our worst performances of the season. That said, Palace were pretty shit too, despite all the possession and chances they had.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Chuffed as nuts. Didn’t apply for a ticket. Then fancied going after the spurs match so put the feelers out and got lucky. Then Monday I got a text reminding me that it’s Orbital in Southampton tomorrow night and not being in the first flush of youth as they say I flogged the ticket on and so I won’t be getting in at stupid o’clock tomorrow morning after that paying to watch that parcel of fucking shit 😀

They deserved to win but I felt we were denied a penalty- dunno how it looked on the replay but in real time I was sure VAR would overturn it

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

They deserved to win but I felt we were denied a penalty- dunno how it looked on the replay but in real time I was sure VAR would overturn it

On the replay it also looked like VAR would overturn it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OTF said:

On the replay it also looked like VAR would overturn it.

I'm looking forwards to Webb's tortuous explanation for that abomination. 🙂 

I think he felt the touch and went down. I bet he has a shit reputation with the referees. I think there have been at least two other similar incidents this season (Liverpool away and Milan away that I can recall)z 

i felt like he could have stayed on his feet but it’s probably still enough for a penalty. I can see why the ref thought it was soft in real-time. 

anyway, we deserved to lose so I’m at peace this morning. That team was a Bruce team. Hopefully Eddie goes back to 4 at the back now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye I thought he could have stayed on his feet, but its a pen.  If thats any Top 6 team thats a pen.

As if Salah and co stay on their feet if that happens to them! :lol: We know they don't and we know what happens next. Longstaff and NUFC don't have the fear factor that the likes of Klopp and Liverpool do. It's not corruption but it's an unconscious bias/fear that discriminates against the non-sky faves.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

As if Salah and co stay on their feet if that happens to them! :lol: We know they don't and we know what happens next. Longstaff and NUFC don't have the fear factor that the likes of Klopp and Liverpool do. It's not corruption but it's an unconscious bias/fear that discriminates against the non-sky faves.

^ This 100%

Jota went down 5 minutes after the miniscule of touches against us and he still got a pen, it's fucking laughable.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye I thought he could have stayed on his feet, but its a pen.  If thats any Top 6 team thats a pen.

Of course he could have stayed on his feet, the only tackles where you can't are brutal and almost never occur in the box. You have to go down in a scenerio like that to rightfully get the penalty. Usually anyway. He was right to go down but he has to be the least convincing player when going down under contact and it's reflected in how rarely he wins free kicks. I believe it's because he's fundamentally slow, so falling over always seems delayed. We need to get Jonas in to teach him, he was the best I've seen at Newcastle at winning free-kicks.

• Like 3