23/24 Run In

The Fish

12 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Palace have 33 points now, so I'm not sure how accurate that prediction table is ;)

Guess it hasn't been updated yet

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They used up a lot of luck today. Some of the Arsenal misses/shots straight at Palace players on the line etc, were unreal. 

I know they both play in red but c’mon Granda, ffs get it together.

• Haha 6

On 14/04/2024 at 19:47, Kid Dynamite said:

I'd snap your hand off for 6th and a run at the Europa League. 

55 years since we last won it...

2024 - Liverpool (inevitably) win it - fantastic achievement, prestigious award, endless repeats of Klopp's cowie jaw atop an open top bus through Liverpool on Sky, whilst we're told about his 'legacy'.

2025 - Newcastle win it - They should be winning it, with all that money spent, it's a tin pot trophy anyway - still failed to qualify for the champions league, can't believe the geordies are celebrating it, it's embarrassing.

Calling it now. Bookmark it.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

2024 - Liverpool (inevitably) win it - fantastic achievement, prestigious award, endless repeats of Klopp's cowie jaw atop an open top bus through Liverpool on Sky, whilst we're told about his 'legacy'.

2025 - Newcastle win it - They should be winning it, with all that money spent, it's a tin pot trophy anyway - still failed to qualify for the champions league, can't believe the geordies are celebrating it, it's embarrassing.

Calling it now. Bookmark it.

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Haven't they got to claw a 3 goal deficit away from home?

4 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Haven't they got to claw a 3 goal deficit away from home?

Never underestimate the power of Klopp's wobbling gob when it comes to gaining advantage from dodgy decisions... Never.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking at Spurs' fixtures that is quite realistic. The one caveat is our injury situation. If we lose Schar or Burn for instance we're again in a whole lot of trouble. You'd think the bad luck has to stop at some point surely though.  

13 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Looking at Spurs' fixtures that is quite realistic. The one caveat is our injury situation. If we lose Schar or Burn for instance we're again in a whole lot of trouble. You'd think the bad luck has to stop at some point surely though.  

We'll likely miss Europe in that case, but at least we'll likely get to see if all the window lickers on Twitter are right about Alex Murphy.

As much as I'd love to see it, I don't think we'll finish any higher than 6th.  Spurs would have to absolutely implode and we'd have to win the majority of our remaining games for it to happen.

Think it'll be very close mind,

image.png.942d4168cfeb8b0687d9061e9993c4b7.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrBass said:

As much as I'd love to see it, I don't think we'll finish any higher than 6th.  Spurs would have to absolutely implode and we'd have to win the majority of our remaining games for it to happen.

I came to the same top 6 as you, and the only thing I had was Man Utd fluking to 7th ahead of Chelsea.

If England lose the 5th CL spot, what happens with 6th? Is it conference league or fuck all?

image.png.d76162a13e0d80d946b1a372f9b4c352.png

I can't see us finishing any higher than sixth which I think at the moment is Europa Conference unless Man City win the FA Cup?

1 hour ago, MrBass said:

So you have NUFC on the same points as me (and several others). Did you predict Spurs? I let the algorithm do it which it said was based on best prediction based on past form. The computer knows.

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

The computer knows.

The sewpa computa has us finishing 7th with Chelsea four points above us.

6 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Typical if we get 5th and England loses the extra CL place :smile:

guaranteed this is what's happening now 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The sewpa computa has us finishing 7th with Chelsea four points above us.

I've just done one and it has us 6th just a point behind spurs. There's a random element to it so what you really need to do is bootstrap the simulation to get a probability curve. What it does show unfortunately, not surpriingly, is that we are being biased towards NUFC in our predictions. 

image.thumb.png.b14ca2ee2b871528468a5d497ace82d6.png

Edited by Renton

46 minutes ago, Renton said:

So you have NUFC on the same points as me (and several others). Did you predict Spurs? I let the algorithm do it which it said was based on best prediction based on past form. The computer knows.

I predicted ours and Spurs and let the computer do the rest. I go on gut, not past form :lol:

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

image.png.d76162a13e0d80d946b1a372f9b4c352.png

I can't see us finishing any higher than sixth which I think at the moment is Europa Conference unless Man City win the FA Cup?

I'd take Conference League tbf, I think we'd probably win that one and still be able to heavily rotate since we'd effectively be battering olive farmers and snow shovellers (or whatever semi-pro Eastern Europeans do for work). However, I don't think Isak or Bruno would be quite so keen to stick around, and it's not as if they aren't going to have a shit tonne of suitors who qualify for the CL.