Ten bob’s bell ends v HOWE’S HOWITZERS!

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

And this changes from week to week. It's very difficult to determine  a "clear and obvious" error. There is too much grey area of what that even means

This was the perfect demonstration of a clear and obvious error. Now two clear and obvious errors. Who will VAR the VAR?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I think Gillett is shit across the board but when you see his name on the VAR, you may as well brace for bullshit

I still haven't forgiven him for a dodgy penalty call in a grand final about 10 years ago. Especially when his girlfriend apparently worked for the other team. 

Ange was the manager of that team as well. 

😡 

1 hour ago, OTF said:

This was the perfect demonstration of a clear and obvious error. Now two clear and obvious errors. Who will VAR the VAR?

And who will VAR the VAR VAR?

You won't be able to see the screen properly after you'd smeared it with your shit... or does that just apply to coffee tables?

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Aye, standard Man U performance. Look shite but still somehow manage to get a result.

We're in control of a conference place (assuming Man City smash those lucky cunts to oblivion). Hopefully Schar and Tino are fully fit. Its time for Big Joe to get a starting spot as well

Read somewhere Tino is out for Brentford, chance for Trippier to redeem himself. Maybe score from a freekick or two.

Joe and Pope should absolutely be starting. I don't think I can stomach any more of Dubravka, I used to think we had a decent backup keeper but he's proven that to be spectacularly wrong. 

This has been a strange season, on the whole I think we've done really well under the circumstances. But on the other hand we seem to have reverted to the old Newcastle at times, full of individual errors and brain farts at the worst possible times. Upgrading some players will help with that but you also have to hope everyone has learnt something from this season. Looking forward to the next one already, our luck surely has to improve, then again we've already lost Botman for at least half of it so who knows. 

12 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Read somewhere Tino is out for Brentford, chance for Trippier to redeem himself. Maybe score from a freekick or two.

Joe and Pope should absolutely be starting. I don't think I can stomach any more of Dubravka, I used to think we had a decent backup keeper but he's proven that to be spectacularly wrong. 

This has been a strange season, on the whole I think we've done really well under the circumstances. But on the other hand we seem to have reverted to the old Newcastle at times, full of individual errors and brain farts at the worst possible times. Upgrading some players will help with that but you also have to hope everyone has learnt something from this season. Looking forward to the next one already, our luck surely has to improve, then again we've already lost Botman for at least half of it so who knows. 

That's mostly because the players making mistakes are holdovers from the old Newcastle. Dubravka, Longstaff, Almiron, Krafth, Murphy, Ritchie, Dummett, Lascelles, none of them* were supposed to play much if any part of this season. But we've needed to rely on them to varying degrees.

We've also had to lean more heavily on the bluechip players. Bruno and Gordon were playing 90 minutes game after game, with no respite. Leading to more bad decisions, more mistakes, more brainfarts.

• Like 1

Yeah, and that leads you to the fear for next season. We have no idea how much we're able to spend without selling this summer, maybe nothing? Most of the players on your list above dont have significant sell on value. That's why I've been saying that hopefully someone at the club is smartly working to market Miggy, Wilson etc. Going to have to be extraordinarily clever in the market unless there's something in the accounts we don't know. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

we're still a work in progress and last year was an outlier.

i expect another season or two of being in and around top 6 rather than top 4 as we gradually replace the ashley-era players with better quality.

it's a journey. i blame the players not the manager for last night - particularly the likes of longstaff and dubravka. I  love these lads but we can't get sentimental. i'd love jacob murphy to still be here when we finally win a trophy. it's not their fault they're not good enough for where we want to be.

howe has worked miracles with the legacy players so far tbf - such a shame they couldn't win the league cup last season to reward them for keeping us in the premier league all those years. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, MrBass said:

You won't be able to see the screen properly after you'd smeared it with your shit... or does that just apply to coffee tables?

I wouldn’t shit on the monitor I’d actually shit in the PC’s tower so when it heats up the stench will gently waft around the room. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

we're still a work in progress and last year was an outlier.

i expect another season or two of being in and around top 6 rather than top 4 as we gradually replace the ashley-era players with better quality.

it's a journey. i blame the players not the manager for last night - particularly the likes of longstaff and dubravka. it's love these lads but we can't get sentimental. i'd love jacob murphy to still be here when we fin a trophy it's not their fault they're not good enough for where we want to be.

howe has worked miracles with the legacy players so far tbf - such a shame they couldn't win the league cup last season to reward them for keeping us in the premier league all those years. 

after work beers are grate

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/16/dead-hand-of-the-immovable-glazers-keeps-strangling-manchester-united

If the picture Liew paints is accurate, Man United are a club in slow decline, and Ratcliffe's involvement is probably just a very convenient way for the Glazers to divert the blame and avoid scrutiny, whilst continuing to leech money from the club. 

Happy days. 

• Like 5