General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

It's nice for a wander through the day but I found it a bit of a shit night out. The posh stude / Durham pit village mong friction doesn't help either. Mind, I think I've only been out there once of an evening.

When? They built the Gala 10 years ago and theres 4/5 new bars, 4/5 new restaurants and a couple of new nightclubs. Decent night out these days. Granted, the days of Klute and a night out on North Road were horrible but theres an awful lot of new bars opened up throughout the city over the past few years

When? They built the Gala 10 years ago and theres 4/5 new bars, 4/5 new restaurants and a couple of new nightclubs. Decent night out these days. Granted, the days of Klute and a night out on North Road were horrible but theres an awful lot of new bars opened up throughout the city over the past few years

Probably was about 10 years ago thinking about it. I'm not really the best person to comment anyway like.

Only been Durham.a few times, not that I thought it was particularly shite just that I was like 10/13 and bored out my tree. Main point is though that Lincoln is a shithole and nowhere near as good as Grimsby and that's like arguing that Newcastle is better than Sun'land. Just obvious.

Will have a look at those places ta. Been to Bistro 21 years ago. I'm always just looking for a decent pub feed, but every one you look at is a chain that looks like it's focused on night time cheap booze for students and not on making decent scran. Last night's booze deals written on dayglo pink card posters has sticky carpet joint written all over it.

I like Nando's btw, but Chinese buffets are a no no.

Will have a look at those places ta. Been to Bistro 21 years ago. I'm always just looking for a decent pub feed, but every one you look at is a chain that looks like it's focused on night time cheap booze for students and not on making decent scran. Last night's booze deals written on dayglo pink card posters has sticky carpet joint written all over it.

I like Nando's btw, but Chinese buffets are a no no.

Fat Buddha, Ask, Slug and Lettuce and pizza express are all good for a quick lunch

Oldfields is canny and quite often does lunchtime deals (2 courses for a tenner / 3 for £12 - that sort of thing). Not a pub like.

Reet I shall try out these suggestions take. Been to Fat Buddha - wtf with the one they've opened in town btw. Having a drink in the middle of a roundabout is one (already pretty shit) thing, but sitting on a roundabout eating your tea ffs. :lol:

Reet I shall try out these suggestions take. Been to Fat Buddha - wtf with the one they've opened in town btw. Having a drink in the middle of a roundabout is one (already pretty shit) thing, but sitting on a roundabout eating your tea ffs. :lol:

Could be worse, you could've paid a fortune for one of the (already somewhat shabby) flats in an old BT office block on the same roundabout.

Edited by alex

in 2 days i'm going to ROME and then to a college in LONDON :)

Nice! Rome is staggering, be sure to visit the Campo de Fiori (I may have spelled that horribly wrong), it's really popular with backpackers and students from all over the world in the evenings, so it'd be a great place to practise your languages.

aye, when I swing by to pick up a crusty loaf on Friday, I'll pop in, christ alive.

:lol: When I was in Florence I ended up in an Irish Bar that seemed to be 'popular with backpackers and international students'. I left after one drink.