General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

The biggest and most popular weekend in the North East and it all takes place in Sunderand.

Cracking weekend for the Airshow.

:scratchchin:

Is that good or bad? :lol:

Women have them every day, you know. No need to panic ;)

But we do panic given the fuss you lot make about it. :D

Watch it sunshine! :lol:

For the record, I had nowt to complain about. I didn't even get any morning sickness. I used to eat bagfuls of oranges and had itchy skin and that was it.

Labour was a different matter :o

Was playing football last night over Gateshead. 8 a side. I've got the ball in midfield assessing my options, drop a shoulder, feign to play this kid in, so he's made his run and is looking at me at the last minute I dummy everyone and go to the left, the kid loses balance who I look like I'm going to pass to, and his leg ends up between this big cunts, and snap. The noise was horrific, SNAAAP. Was like a huge piece of wood breaking. If I had've put him him in, it wouldn't have happened.

As soon as I saw it, I ran away like Schmeichel covering my face, worst thing I've ever ever seen, bone snapped right at the bottom of the shin and popped out of the skin. Poor kid, I feel fucking gutted. First broken leg I've ever seen and I never want to see one again.

The medical people were FUCKING SHITE. We described what happened on the phone, 35 minutes later, this paramedic in some sort of fucking Postman Pat van turns up, and he says ah we'll need an ambulance for this, fucking we knew! 30 minutes further later the ambulance turns up. I know the NHS do a good job etc... but I'd have been fucking livid if it was me lying there for over an hour due to incompetence.

Was playing football last night over Gateshead. 8 a side. I've got the ball in midfield assessing my options, drop a shoulder, feign to play this kid in, so he's made his run and is looking at me at the last minute I dummy everyone and go to the left, the kid loses balance who I look like I'm going to pass to, and his leg ends up between this big cunts, and snap. The noise was horrific, SNAAAP. Was like a huge piece of wood breaking. If I had've put him him in, it wouldn't have happened.

As soon as I saw it, I ran away like Schmeichel covering my face, worst thing I've ever ever seen, bone snapped right at the bottom of the shin and popped out of the skin. Poor kid, I feel fucking gutted. First broken leg I've ever seen and I never want to see one again.

The medical people were FUCKING SHITE. We described what happened on the phone, 35 minutes later, this paramedic in some sort of fucking Postman Pat van turns up, and he says ah we'll need an ambulance for this, fucking we knew! 30 minutes further later the ambulance turns up. I know the NHS do a good job etc... but I'd have been fucking livid if it was me lying there for over an hour due to incompetence.

Can't speak for the ambulance service but I'll bet we got that lad in theatre last night!

Yeah, open fractures are priority cases.

Re Lesley Garrett, I saw her at the Leeds Opera in The Park Show on Saturday. As well as ruining the finale with a dreadful version of "You'll Never Walk Alone", she announced she was being flown to Paris so she could steel Bradley's limelight, the fucking twat.

Edited by luckyluke

aye it's horrible injury, seen someone get there studs caught when sliding to block a cross and yeah same thing awful.

Worst i've had is a split chin, and broke my arm when someone shouldered me... didn't realise it was broke till some cath-word punched me on it in the changing rooms and i near blacked out.

A compound fracture and it takes an hour to come collect the lad, surely thats a fairly serious problem they'd prioritise getting to? (thats not me being sarccy genuinely would like to know is that how those emergency calls work?)

We're fairly lucky in the sense the big 3g pitch we use is 2miles max from a local hospital, so when we've had a few injuries we can throw people in a car if necessary.

6rkgg9.jpg

Look 2.07 mile from where we were playing to the QE Hospital. Over an hour isn't good enough.

The ambulance might not have come from the QE though Stevie. They don't just park up outside hospitals waiting for incidents in the immediate area.

I agree that it's unacceptable to wait over an hour but who knows what else was going on at the time?

It wasn't a life-threatening situation so they obviously dispatched a mobile paramedic to assess the situation first, and probably administer pain relief an oxygen I would imagine, until an ambulance was available.

I'm pretty sure the paramedics of the north east weren't sat watching Corrie back at the station saying "it's only a broken leg, it can wait til the adverts"

The ambulance might not have come from the QE though Stevie. They don't just park up outside hospitals waiting for incidents in the immediate area.

I agree that it's unacceptable to wait over an hour but who knows what else was going on at the time?

It wasn't a life-threatening situation so they obviously dispatched a mobile paramedic to assess the situation first, and probably administer pain relief an oxygen I would imagine, until an ambulance was available.

I'm pretty sure the paramedics of the north east weren't sat watching Corrie back at the station saying "it's only a broken leg, it can wait til the adverts"

:lol:

Aye but surely when we said "his legs snapped" the situation is enough to send an ambulance in the first place. I bet the North Koreans would've reacted quicker.

Aye he got oxygen and something else I forget now, the kid was really brave, I'd have been screaming the place down, but what was making it worse was the pain was gradually getting worse and worse.

feck that's even closer than we manage, naw if I was that fella I'd be absolutely raging like, obviously there could be something that happened that knocked him down the list, but an hour seems really extreme.

not that i've rang many ambulances so no idea what a good response time is either i suppose! guess because you always see them flying about lights and sirens on the go you've it in your head its a phone call and *zoom* off they go.

http://goo.gl/maps/R2yg

edit > ypu like cath says guess it's what else was going on at the time. poor shite must've been in agony though.

They sent a paramedic first which was the issue, his van was like Postman Pat, he gets out and I thought of Leazes. Honest to god he came waddling on to the pitch I thought what's this FC going to do here?!?! The closer he got the more he looked like Freddy Shepherd, which is why I thought of Leazes. The kid didn't have shin pads on, not sure if they'd have prevented it, but there's a lesson for you. I can't say nowt like because I didn't neither.

Pretty standard practice to send a rapid response vehicle to assess a leg injury first. There's a finite number of ambulances unfortunately and if there has been a big smash on the A1 or a spate of cardiac arrests a broken leg doesn't take priority, even if it hurts like fuck.

Depends who i'm playing if i wear them and all tbh, i really fucking hate wearing the things, i've a decent pair and all but unless i spend time taping them and such they bug the fuck outta me.

if it's just our regular lunchtime footy crowd then i never bother because no one will go in for a challenge when they think they'll clip you, it's competitive like obviously but not to the point they'll risk wrecking someone to get a ball.

If we're playing the other lunchtime crowd or in the tournaments then i wear them, those games are always a bit more "serious" even though we know all the lads they hate losing to us, and we've never lost to them, so challenges fly in like.

Sorry to go all 'mam' but you should still wear them. Stevie's game shows how you can snap your leg without even being tackled. A shinpad might have saved that poor kids leg.

do they really make that much difference unless you're getting clouted front on? I can understand with the massive unwieldy ones but regular smallish shin pads?

Sorry to go all 'mam' but you should still wear them. Stevie's game shows how you can snap your leg without even being tackled. A shinpad might have saved that poor kids leg.

I hate wearing them, and when I have to, they're chip carton ones. The ankle ones are uncomfortable, but it is sensible to wear them and obviously you have no choice in organised 11 a side.