General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Fuck the pollution, is everyone just going to ignore that absolute quality bit of punnery in the name of what I assume is an omelette shop?

Stop Motion Yes GIF by Mouse

🙂 

42 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Fuck the pollution, is everyone just going to ignore that absolute quality bit of punnery in the name of what I assume is an omelette shop?

Seems to be breakfast cafe with locations in Whitley, Newcastle, and Edinburgh. Looks canny enough. Looking at themenu, they cater for vegans but I am not sure they like vegans....

image.png.a87e1a3f4d4f658bf242a3d58cd5bc3a.png

• Haha 3

Fucking hell :lol:

Bin Dippers had a bleeding nose for the last two weeks.  His lifestyle pretty much points to brain damage.  I've told him to speak top his Dr.  He said he's not done coke for 3 weeks :lol: Oh ok then.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Bin Dippers had a bleeding nose for the last two weeks.  His lifestyle pretty much points to brain damage.  I've told him to speak top his Dr.  He said he's not done coke for 3 weeks :lol: Oh ok then.

I take it he's too young to remember this? Don't do coke kids.

image.png.5c9173c07ffaa1c7ecba7d96376189a0.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

Breakfast in a bao bun, sprinkled with cocaine 

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He called NHS helpline at lunch and been told to phone his GP ASAP.

Arse twitching like fuck now.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

How can they tell?

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

These DryRobe wearing cunts who go wild swimming saying how great it is for your health too :lol: 

Is there any cunt you don't despise? :lol:

• Haha 5

I heard on the radio that apparently people under 30 are likely to call in sick with stress being up there with the main reason. 

Obvs this is going to get the 'Well, in my day' wankers banging off.  With total disregard to suicide rates especially in blokes) being high in that generation for not going to get help or speaking etc.  Fucking idiots.  Post WW2 especially with shell shock AKA PTSD.

48 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I heard on the radio that apparently people under 30 are likely to call in sick with stress being up there with the main reason. 

Obvs this is going to get the 'Well, in my day' wankers banging off.  With total disregard to suicide rates especially in blokes) being high in that generation for not going to get help or speaking etc.  Fucking idiots.  Post WW2 especially with shell shock AKA PTSD.

People who don't pull sickies

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Excellent read that mind. 

Aye some great quotes from Kinnock. Southern England were never having him though, they were being told what to think by Kelvin McKenzie at the time. My 75 year old MIL hates the Welsh with a vengeance 😏

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Theres a bit of a leap from WW2 vets with PTSD killing themselves and kids pulling sickies mind :lol: 

There's some overlapping in the Venn diagram here between lazy bastards/work stress/zero resilience in young adults these days 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Theres a bit of a leap from WW2 vets with PTSD killing themselves and kids pulling sickies mind :lol: 

There's some overlapping in the Venn diagram here between lazy bastards/work stress/zero resilience in young adults these days 

It always mazes me that you're a mental health nurse. For the first time in history, there are greater (severe) mental health issues in people in their 20s than any other working age, and your attitude reads like it is straight from the Daily Mail. 👍

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There were "lazy bastards" back in the day who were most likely suffering some kind of mental health crisis that a) wasn't diagnosed and b) was taboo to talk about. They were just labelled lazy bastard, sick notes or arseholes. Just because it wasn't identified as a mental health problem doesn't mean it wasn't occurring.

I don't buy this narrative that the youngins have zero resilience. Look at literally everything that is happening in the world around you. 30 years ago most families could survive on one income, families with two were pretty often 'well off'. Nowadays these kids are having to graft 50 hour weeks, so is their significant other just to be able to afford to fucking rent a 1 bed flat and put some food on the table. Life is much worse for these kids, purely because they have to graft infinitely harder to keep their heads above water. It stands to reason that this may well cause them a bit of stress.

Also from experience lazy bastards very rarely feel stress, and therefore have no fucking need to waste sick days.

Also long term sickness records were pretty much consistent for 20 years - they've only really spiked since 2020 which is probably partly/largely due to covid. So I guess this pandemic of soft shite lazy bastards has been on going for a number of generations now.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

There were "lazy bastards" back in the day who were most likely suffering some kind of mental health crisis that a) wasn't diagnosed and b) was taboo to talk about. They were just labelled lazy bastard, sick notes or arseholes. Just because it wasn't identified as a mental health problem doesn't mean it wasn't occurring.

I don't buy this narrative that the youngins have zero resilience. Look at literally everything that is happening in the world around you. 30 years ago most families could survive on one income, families with two were pretty often 'well off'. Nowadays these kids are having to graft 50 hour weeks, so is their significant other just to be able to afford to fucking rent a 1 bed flat and put some food on the table. Life is much worse for these kids, purely because they have to graft infinitely harder to keep their heads above water. It stands to reason that this may well cause them a bit of stress.

Also from experience lazy bastards very rarely feel stress, and therefore have no fucking need to waste sick days.

Also long term sickness records were pretty much consistent for 20 years - they've only really spiked since 2020 which is probably partly/largely due to covid. So I guess this pandemic of soft shite lazy bastards has been on going for a number of generations now.

Was chatting to one of the dads while our kids were having a swimming lesson. He's 30 and has two kids under school age and is paying £24k a year on childcare(!). And this isn't expensive Montessori type childcare, just your basic decent nursery. He had to move because he he was priced out of the housing market, but this means he doesn't have the help of family as they're too far away now. He and his wife both have to work to cover bills and have little to no money for anything other than surviving.

(The only reason he can afford the swimming lessons is because he gets it as a perk through work. )

1 hour ago, Renton said:

It always mazes me that you're a mental health nurse. For the first time in history, there are greater (severe) mental health issues in people in their 20s than any other working age, and your attitude reads like it is straight from the Daily Mail. 👍

Steady on, nothing I've posted contradicts that. I've spent the past 15 years working with suicidal patients, I'm well aware of the socio-economic factors underpinning that. I hear horror stories every day. But that also gives me perspective. 

I also work with some staff that are grafters and some that love a sickie and play the sickness scheme. That's not intrinsically linked with mental health. 

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I also work with some staff that are grafters and some that love a sickie and play the sickness scheme. That's not intrinsically linked with mental health. 

See, that's not my experience working in the NHS at all. But in both our cases its anecdotal, and got nothing to do with the statistical phenomena under discussion. Dazzler nailed it for me. People don't change over the generations, their environment does, and it is undoubtedly much worse now than when I was a 20 something, or even you I reckon.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Renton said:

See, that's not my experience working in the NHS at all. But in both our cases its anecdotal, and got nothing to do with the statistical phenomena under discussion. Dazzler nailed it for me. People don't change over the generations, their environment does, and it is undoubtedly much worse now than when I was a 20 something, or even you I reckon.

There's a wider cultural shift since the shut down of industry in this country. Millions of young lads in the 60s/70s/80s knew there was a job waiting for them in a mine/shipyard/steel factory. That's not the case anymore. And since those places shut, so did the working men's clubs, bingo halls, pubs and the communities that went with them.

Some of this stuff isn't rocket science. A job 40hrs a week, money in your pocket and a place to de-stress after work is enough to keep a lot of people "mentally well". We are seeing 3rd generation fall out from the damage Thatcher did to this country in the 80s. 

• Like 3