General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

My wife's always been more into her cars than me. I remember she had a red peugot when we met, never really saw the attraction in cars but i did like the back seat of that peugot.

After her latest write off, she's taking a break from driving though. which is lucky for everyone else.

10 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Not sure i'm gonna like the answer to this but... where do i rank in the none Newcastle United  supporting members?

Well I think there’s only a couple of you who post regularly. So I’d place you somewhere in the top 5 ;) 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Andrew said:

Andrew, farmileh of Burrrnleh here, Nissan Fuga - Never even heard of these before moving out here, its big, its fast, it makes a great noise and since its an import theres a Japanese woman in the dash who yells at me occasionally. Brilliant!!!!!

PRI_162130421.jpg

Glad you liked it, Andrew. :good:

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Well I think there’s only a couple of you who post regularly. So I’d place you somewhere in the top 5 ;) 

Champions League spot, i'll take that

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

My wife's a petrol head.  She turns into a bit of a cunt when driving.  Mind you she gets that from her parents.

I'd be happy with a Berlingo tbh.  A car's a car.

I bet she fucking HATES cyclists. 

• Haha 4

My current “drive it to work, drive it back” is one of these French pieces of shite. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLL4OaisaPPFiv-Q7fCgH

It does 0-50 in about half an hour, the Frogs couldn’t be arsed doing a proper right-hand drive conversion so the passenger side windscreen clears first in cold weather, then about a week later the drivers side follows suite. 
It does have a spin cycle and low temp wash cycle, though. 

It’s that basic that there’s not really much to go wrong. :lol:

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

A Berlingo is a van, mate.

That’s debatable…a Berlingo has windows all the way round and seats front and back. It could however be adapted quickly and simply into a vital transport link for an amount of two “live” beehives at a time every August; to take them from their usual valley location up to the high hills where they feasted on the heather blossom of late summer producing beautifully pungent heather honey 😊

8667771489_031b4424d7_o_Original.jpeg

IMG_4336.jpeg

IMG_4337.jpeg

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That’s debatable…a Berlingo has windows all the way round and seats front and back. It could however be adapted quickly and simply into a vital transport link for an amount of two “live” beehives at a time every August; to take them from their usual valley location up to the high hills where they feasted on the heather blossom of late summer producing beautifully pungent heather honey 😊

IMG_4336.jpeg

IMG_4337.jpeg

I’m disappointed it’s not a B reg

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

IMG_4336.jpeg

IMG_4337.jpeg

Are you alright in the head?

• Haha 5

my mum and dad had a Moskvitch estate when i was a lad. it had a crank for starting the car from the front of it.

(not a photo of our actual car but very similar. by which i mean the same colour)

VINTAGE Engine CRANCK BAR hand start starter FOR MOSKVICH 403 407 408  Moskvitch

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

The wife is more into cars than me to be honest. 

She was the one who advised I go for a 'better' brand for the BMW, arguing that while the car and the parts may cost more they wouldn't break as often. Well I spent north of £3k on fixing that and absolutely zero fixing the Kia, she can stick her car advice up her jacksie.

Did she get her personalised number plate too? 

My old man had a Beige Allegro, quite possibly the shittest car ever made. 

As if that’s not bad enough, when the first one fell to bits, he got another :lol:

1975_-_austin_allegro.jpg

In the above photo it isn’t cornering, that’s just how shit the suspension ( amongst numerous other things) was. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

My old man had a Beige Allegro, quite possibly the shittest car ever made. 

As if that’s not bad enough, when the first one fell to bits, he got another :lol:

1975_-_austin_allegro.jpg

In the above photo it isn’t cornering, that’s just how shit the suspension ( amongst numerous other things) was. 

At least one of my parents siberian moskvitch (think it was more tank than car to be fair),  reliant robin or early skoda, possibly all 3 were worse.

when my dad left my mum he bought a ford capri so not sure the above cars were his choice.

• Haha 2

When I was a kid, my mam's mate had a Capri with pink fluffy interior and the Dukes of Hazard horn. 

She would turn up at our house blasting this thing, I thought it was fucking great at the time. I'm now wondering if I was a charver. 

• Haha 3

I know this is tired old tropes, but my dog's shit turns white if it's left out for 24 hours, so white dog shit is still alive and well.

My theory is that the quality of dog food was better in the old days. He eats raw meat patties with sweet potato and pumpkin seeds in them - he genuinely has better teas than me some day - and I reckon that's giving him high quality 80s dumps. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I know this is tired old tropes, but my dog's shit turns white if it's left out for 24 hours, so white dog shit is still alive and well.

My theory is that the quality of dog food was better in the old days. He eats raw meat patties with sweet potato and pumpkin seeds in them - he genuinely has better teas than me some day - and I reckon that's giving him high quality 80s dumps. 

i cut off anything remotely stringy from chicken and cook it for our cats

saves the kids pushing bits to the side of their plates