General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Guest Toplass-101

Just got an ever expanding temple, from my gf.

Not all going swell in the land of couple-dom as can be predicted.

She hit you? I hope you fucking hit her back harder! :calmdown: That was always my mam's advice when I was a kid if someone hit me.

Threw my Christmas present at me after I told her it was shite :blink:

Completely forgot about it until I looked in the mirror this morning, still not too clear on the details about what happened, can't even remember being on here last night talking shite, personally I'm blaming the concussion but then again I was very, very drunk.

aye but on the plus side, if you didnt feel comfortable with the lass, ya would never have thrown the thing and said it was shit, you would have accpeted it and siad it was lush etc. bt like the commfortableness with ya mate if they got ya somtit sit you woudl be able to say so and thats that you dont like it and they couldnt give a damb anyways, so the fact that you have that level of comfortability (is that even a wrord) is canny cool. If Id got someone a prezzy who hated it id rather they told me it was shit, else id probs go on buying em the same shit they hated anyways, so better ya tell her now to buy you gift vouchers instead, least then you dont have a life time of naff prezzys

Of course, the alternate viewpoint is that when it gets to the stage when you're telling the other person that what they got you was shite, then you're just so bitter and resentful that you don't really care any more, and they don't know you well enough to even buy you something worthwhile!

Not necessarily, ya might love the bones of the person and not feel bitter or resentful towards them at all, but still think what they got you is shite, after all she is ya girlfriend/wife, not ya blumming mind reader.

Throwing it wasnt nice, a bit daft carry on could have been shared over the fact that she thought it was nice, and he thought it was crap. That maybe a better alternative then having to lie, say you love it, let her think she has the powers of mystic meg, and get the same shit next year, then have to lie again, say you love it, etc.

Alternatively, maybe she is bitter and resentful towards him, so decided to buy him something shite this year. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Bah. I just got tickets from the Beeb for a recording of The News Quiz. (Radio 4 comedy is the new mauve.) Only it's on the same night as the monthly Eurovision bash at the Retro bar and the Decemberists gig I've already got tickets for. Naturally, there's barely a sniff of social crotch for several weeks either side. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

I always have a chuckle at this kind of thing (:( etc.), but reading down the list of new entries on this week's singles chart is like a brief chronology of an eventful relationship. In order, there's:

I Don't Love You

I Could Fall In Love With You

I Wanna Have Your Babies

This Must Be Love

Thou Shalt Always Kill

:panic:

:D

• 2 years later...
Speaking of old skool, our boiler is playing up at the minute. I'm actually scared to call around for quotes in case I get one of you lot on the other end of the line. :cry:

Blowing hot and cold?

Speaking of old skool, our boiler is playing up at the minute. I'm actually scared to call around for quotes in case I get one of you lot on the other end of the line. :cry:

Blowing hot and cold?

Both literally and metaphorically. Or something.

Speaking of old skool, our boiler is playing up at the minute. I'm actually scared to call around for quotes in case I get one of you lot on the other end of the line. :(

How much for a new one like? :cry:

Just had a shit that was at least 30% sweetcorn if anyone's interested.

I had a shit where the back doors feel like Improvised Explosion Devices were set up all the way around it. Something about the chilli mayo I had last night I reckon...

Chilli mayo? That can't possibly be allowed.

Home brew I'm guessing....

Depending on how literally you mean that, I may withdraw his invite to our bring-a-bottle housewarming. :cry:

about 230 to get the car through the MOT. :cry: Something about brake pipes.

turns out it needed another part, plus i forgot about the cost of the mot and service and vat.

346. :(