General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Plans for my weekend:

- Super Man Returns

- Golf Driving Range

- 5 aside Football

- Sleep in as long as possible

- celebrate a new transfer             

Also going to london next thursday, first time I will be going onto a plane, not sure i'm going to like gravity pulling me from that height. ;)  :P

166556[/snapback]

:puke:

Think it was 30 something to 12. :lol:

I'm back!

Apparently I look hispanic with my suntan...

I loved Mallorca (and Switzerland), I wish I was there right now, but ah well, I have some good memories of my little 2 week escapade. :lol:

167975[/snapback]

Did you get some Foreign loving?

Rabid stray dog humped his leg in the Mallorca apartment complex tbh.

167979[/snapback]

It always is where Brock's love-life is concerned.

I'm back!

I loved Mallorca (and Switzerland), I wish I was there right now, but ah well, I have some good memories of my little 2 week escapade. ;)

167975[/snapback]

Give us the goss then... :lol:

I'm back!

I loved Mallorca (and Switzerland), I wish I was there right now, but ah well, I have some good memories of my little 2 week escapade. :blush:

167975[/snapback]

Give us the goss then... ;)

167982[/snapback]

I'm about to create an embarrassing story thread. :blush:

Well unfortunately there was no holiday romance....ish.

A stonking German lass sunbathed by the pool and the whole week we were sneaking glances at her. I even walked past and her mam nudged her and she blushed :blush:

Got rid of me stalker by not txting her (no credit but then I got more). Anyways, I got me cousin Tim to send her a txt saying that I didn't have credit and had been in hospital after a french bloke smashed a bottle over my head. ;)

I bought a Boca Juniors and an Argentina shirt, so I'm going to do a spoof of Goal! after I get a video camera.

I'm suntanned and my aunt Ju said I look hispanic (and I do). At least not English.

More as I remember it I guess. :lol:

Two things, firstly you were doing what now?

we were stealking glances at her.

167993[/snapback]

and secondly

I didn't have credit and had been in hospital after a french bloke smashed a bottle over my head.  ;)

167993[/snapback]

... you were beaten up by a french bloke?, No... worse than that you were beaten up by an imaginary french bloke..

that jorman bird is lucky to have such a beefcake tbh ;)

:lol:

glad you had a good time mate

167993[/snapback]

and secondly

I didn't have credit and had been in hospital after a french bloke smashed a bottle over my head.  ;)

167993[/snapback]

... you were beaten up by a french bloke?, No... worse than that you were beaten up by an imaginary french bloke..

that jorman bird is lucky to have such a beefcake tbh :blush:

168013[/snapback]

1) Whoops. :blush:

2) It was a play upon what really happened (and it worked so I'll gladly be glassed by a frenchy):

I bought a small Real Madrid ball as it was only 1 Euro, so JJ (my cousin; a lass) and me could throw it about in the pool. Anyways we were doing so when this french bloke with the scariest eyes you ever did see (they were grey and really staring ones!) pointed at me as I was about to throw the ball and walked towards us in the pool. I thought he was going to walk past as he went past JJ so threw her the ball. He catches it (rather well I might add) and turns away, so me mam walks up:

"TWO EUROS! REAL MADRID! WE BOUGHT IT OVER THERE IN THE SHOP!"

She thought he was a Real fan so her attempt at conversation was bitterly ironic at such a time. So me aunt is sitting by the pool nagging him: "that is so RUDE". She also misread the scenario as she thought he was cheesed off with us lobbing a ball to eachother.

It turned out he had a similar ball and thought we'd nicked it. Shame his ball didn't look a thing like ours. Twat. ;)

167993[/snapback]

and secondly

167993[/snapback]

that jorman bird is lucky to have such a beefcake tbh :blush:

168013[/snapback]

(they were grey and really staring ones!)

168028[/snapback]

dreamy

/swoon

;)

why didn't you tell him to fucking do one, instead of getting yer mam on the bully? :blush:

have to admit it's a pain in the arse when you make an assumption or have an assumption made of you and you have a language barrier preventing you sorting it out quickly.

London

Thursday

get to city centre

go for lunch

drop stuff off at hotel

do some shopping

go for tea

go to IMAX to see the new superman

Friday

Zoo if weather is nice, if not shopping?

Lion king at half seven

Saturday

maybe do some attractions like

Harrods, Tate modern, London eye and the national gallery

shopping?

Sunday

More Shopping?

get plane home

fall asleep

Anyone got any idea of what else to do?

I think my girlfriend would just be happy shopping all the time. ;)

Like anything that i should not miss. :)

oh and the locations of weather spoons! ;)

Get yourself to the Oracle in Reading. 2 hours' drive and the shopping's better.  ;)

169092[/snapback]

of Time?

Is there like a hugh sony shop in london per chance? *goes to look*

oh and the locations of weather spoons!  ;)

169077[/snapback]

There's one bang on Leicester Square, as it happens, but it's a smidge more expensive than your average 'spoons...

If you've got the weather on your side during Friday or Saturday, you could do worse than get yourself out to Greenwich (use Cutty Sark DLR station), potter around the waterfront for a bit then take a boat back along the Thames to Westminster - it takes about an hour (including a stop at Tower Bridge to load/unload people) and you get a good view of all the sights, plus if you use City Cruises (there are several competing operators) you'll often get a canny boatman who'll give you a sarky commentary on what you're seeing. No guarantees though.

Or you could just do what I did on my first [x] visits to London and just spend all your time in HMV and Virgin on Oxford Street, obviously. ;)

I think a lot of time will be spent just shopping though! ;)

Not to sure if i facny a boat trip but it sounds like a good idea for in the evening, thanks.

Tollund Man

tollund.jpg

The main attraction of Silkeborg Museum is the body of Tollund Man. He was discovered in the Bjældskovdal bog some 10 km west of Silkeborg in 1950 by the brothers Emil and Viggo Højgård. The bog body was so well-preserved that their immediate reaction was to call the police. The police in Silkeborg had an idea of the true facts of the case as bog bodies had been discovered previously (in 1927 and 1938) in the same bog, so they called in the museum staff. The farms of Emil and Viggo Højgård were in the village of Tollund; thus the best preserved bog body of the world came to be named Tollund Man.

• 3 months later...